**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Siphon global node is way too OP

Anyone else think the block damage is ridiculous. 1st war fighting against the siphon node and even with perfect block and block proficiency on max in my masteries, the parry damage is way too high. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

If your gonna give an opinion then at least give a constructive one
    It’s not over powerful. Your “chip” damage has nothing to do specifically with siphon global node. What more would you like me to add to the conversation?
  • Woody141082Woody141082 Posts: 225 ★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

It’s not over powerful. Your “chip” damage has nothing to do specifically with siphon global node. What more would you like me to add to the conversation?
    Infact you’ll find it does as it stacks block penetration. You obviously don’t understand that the global node for siphon has changed. Which obviously does affect chip damage

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

Infact you’ll find it does as it stacks block penetration. You obviously don’t understand that the global node for siphon has changed. Which obviously does affect chip damage
    Then obviously you don’t know how to fight in war. I just did 2 fights in aw tier 3 they are using siphon, both villains. My attackers are still 100% health. So again, it specifically has nothing to do with siphon.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

Then obviously you don’t know how to fight in war. I just did 2 fights in aw tier 3 they are using siphon, both villains. My attackers are still 100% health. So again, it specifically has nothing to do with siphon.
    So your saying you’ve done 2 fights in war, against villains with the global siphon and haven’t done a single parry or blocked a single hit and still have 100% health. I think someone’s talking out of their rear. I’m tier 4 and consistently get MVPs with minimal deaths, I think I know the difference between an OP node or not, or maybe it’s just because I’m using quake and have to parry a bit, but still they’re taking away a valuable part of some people’s game and something people are putting mastery points in. I May as well remove the parry, block proficiency and perfect block all together and just put the points in something else

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

So your saying you’ve done 2 fights in war, against villains with the global siphon and haven’t done a single parry or blocked a single hit and still have 100% health. I think someone’s talking out of their rear. I’m tier 4 and consistently get MVPs with minimal deaths, I think I know the difference between an OP node or not, or maybe it’s just because I’m using quake and have to parry a bit, but still they’re taking away a valuable part of some people’s game and something people are putting mastery points in. I May as well remove the parry, block proficiency and perfect block all together and just put the points in something else
    That’s what I am saying. I’m happy to give a screenshot of my attackers health 🤷‍♂️. That being said tier 4 war siphon is 7 seconds block penetration, stack up to 3 (3k worth of block penetration). Once a defender hits over a bar of power there’s very little need to parry or block an attack. Just bait specials. Of course this is speaking of strictly villains. So yeah if you have to party a lot to play YOUR game style. Then it has nothing to do with siphon and all about how you play the game. You choose to bring quake into the war map with siphon knowing full well that YOU will have to parry a lot. But yes let’s blame siphon.

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

Yes that is what I am saying. My attackers are full health two fights in.

Once any defender gets over a bar of power, it’s almost never needed to parry. Bait and evade specials. You choose to bring quake, knowing full well that you will have to parry a lot with the siphon global node. Which you can check before joining with attackers. This spells as a you problem not a siphon problem.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

Once any defender gets over a bar of power, it’s almost never needed to parry. Bait and evade specials. You choose to bring quake, knowing full well that you will have to parry a lot with the siphon global node. Which you can check before joining with attackers. This spells as a you problem not a siphon problem.
    My 1st war against the siphon global, maybe I was a bit naive but I didn’t think it would be as effective as it is
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    Gotta keep in mind that everyone that’s commenting saying you don’t know how to play probably hasn’t ran every path in war or fought a node where you have to parry or block. Some of these dudes probably fight lower tier defenders at r3-4 and think they’re killers. If you haven’t fought a doom on node 3, 20 or aspect of war/spite you won’t understand what he means by op. Anyone that runs path 4 knows how much bs siphon will be with some defenders placed there.

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

Btw just to give an insight on who you’re arguing with. Jaded is in a gold 3 alliance. Tier 6-7 but he’s actively commenting on these posts telling people how to play the game and it’s not the node we all just suck lol
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

Btw just to give an insight on who you’re arguing with. Jaded is in a gold 3 alliance. Tier 6-7 but he’s actively commenting on these posts telling people how to play the game and it’s not the node we all just suck lol
    It’s t4-5 but, if you can’t even get that right...
    We can’t hear you through your tantrum tears.
    Lmao that’s not any better
    All y’all in the same ally? Lol play the game leave the forums
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

All y’all in the same ally? Lol play the game leave the forums

Nope, we lost the last war to his ally, in t4.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

Why is your anecdotal evidence correct but his isn’t?
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    Syphon global is way too powerful, they really need to nerf it. It is nearly impossible on some of the harder nodes. I am in a master Aw alliance. Block damage is just way too much.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Whodis said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

1) that is an opinion just because it’s not feeding your confirmation bias Doesn’t mean it’s not “constructive”
    2 you asked what people thoughts were
    He gave you it...
    Maybe he was expecting the opinion to be expanded on. Not just saying, no it's not. But also explaining why you don't believe it is...? I would agree that an answer not expanded on more than that can't really be considered constructive.

It is an answer to his question though, constructive or not.

Whodis said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

1) that is an opinion just because it’s not feeding your confirmation bias Doesn’t mean it’s not “constructive”
    2 you asked what people thoughts were
    He gave you it...
    Maybe he was expecting the opinion to be expanded on. Not just saying, no it's not. But also explaining why you don't believe it is...? I would agree that an answer not expanded on more than that can't really be considered constructive.

It is an answer to his question though, constructive or not.
    We are In t4 and even the cap IW users are struggling with this, after 3 fights on path 4 1 guy had played perfect and lost half health on a 5/65 cap IW. I’m not saying it needs taking away but if people and kabam thought the dodge global was OP enough to nerf it, then this siphon global needs looking at. I dread to think what the Doom placements are gonna be like on nodes 46, 55 and the boss node. It’s all well and good telling people they have to intercept, but everyone knows how risky trying to intercept in war can be. 1 mistake and you are done. All I’m saying is the siphon global maybe needs looking at, it’s not the 1st time Kabam have got something wrong, btw fix the crashing when looking at defence kills already
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not.

I'd be happy to see your war attack against siphon fighting against Mysterio where you can't hit him after baiting sp1 so eventually get cornered if you don't use parry.
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    I am in a master alliance, first 3 wars of season are with Syphon global. Good job Kabam, you made Syphon the only global any master alliance will use. Fought Annihulus this war using 6 star R2 cap iw and ended up loosing 50% of health from block damage alone.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    No surprises we're now 3 wars in and none of the good war boosts have been available in the loyalty store. It's random of course lol.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    If you fight vs champs like doom and punisher 2099 on that node it becomes quite a pain