**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

I feel like not releasing the 6* r4 materials is a bit rubbish

There are things that aren’t actually in game yet, like t3 alpha and t6 basic. Kabam could make the 6.4 rewards targeted towards people who have r3 6*s and want to rank them up.

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    1/7th of a t5b for 160k?? Har! Har! And actually not even that much...we should consider one 7th (rounded up) of a t5b increased availability?
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Dude, t5b is still meant to be rare. Kabam just can't hand you over fully formed t5b and t2a like t1a. It's still too soon. Also, if you do map6 regularly, you should already be swimming in t2a
  • Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    edited January 2020
    Rap said:

1/7th of a t5b for 160k?? Har! Har! And actually not even that much...we should consider one 7th (rounded up) of a t5b increased availability?

Compared to it literally not existing in the game, yes, you should. It is also more available on any reading since the update to the glory store.
    edited January 2020
    I must correct myself, at 45000 shards it is 1/10 th of a t5b...and the availability of it sucks lemon balls. Gave kabam too much credit...and as far as the gloy store i am splitting my spending between the t4 and t5b because there isn't enough t4b in the game, including that lame arena i play everytime it comes up.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Rap said:

I must correct myself, at 45000 shards it is 1/10 th of a t5b...and the availability of it sucks lemon balls. Gave kabam too much credit...and as far as the gloy store i am splitting my spending between the t4 and t5b because there isn't enough t4b in the game, including that lame arena i play everytime it comes up.

Again resource management. They are giving t4b in arena, heroic and master eq, and this month for free in the squirrel store not to mention the free t4b you get in the calendar. Are you overflowing on t2a? Where are you in regular quest and variant? Variant alone saves you rankup resources with the rankup gems? What are you investing your resources into for rankings? If you are wasting t4b on 4*s that could be your issue
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Rap said:

I know where the stuff is in the game. I have a 857k overall rating. I grind and play more than you probably. I am a free player and it appears one of the few left in the forum. I avail myself of every one of those sources! The only source i do not avail myself of is the unit store offers and the rediculous unit offers. If you are a spender, whale or even just in a gold tier alliance member your experience and the degree of availabilty of these items is different! You can buy anything in this game! And top alliances have always had near exclusive access to the higher tier ranking items...i got 50 5s and 1/2 a t5b! And i been buying from the glory story using every but of glory i can...so yeah! 50 champs 6 awakened...and at this point that is too slow! And straight up! 4500 shards for something like 160k worth of nuts in the squirrel store is laughable!

857k rating and u haven't even explored act 5??
    I have a 550k rating and 5 R5 5* and the only time I have spent on the game is for one of the cyber weekend offers this year which contained 60 5* sig stones...and all this without spending hours on the game everyday..so please don't preach about grinding when clearly u play the amount that any other normal player does...t5b is getting more accessible every month..if u are a cavalier in a decently active alliance doing 5x5 aq u can get 2 t2a per month without much effort...i don't know where u grind in the game but it certainly isn't the right place
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Rap If I were you I would recommend changing your maps for AQ. Doing map 4 instead of map 3 will give u more points even if u don't complete it. This will help your alliance increase glory and map crystals. Those extra points hopefully will get your alliance to the next tier in AQ.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    If you had everything in the game easy you will be bored and still complain to kabam why not just go with the flow.
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    Rap said:

I know where the stuff is in the game. I have a 857k overall rating. I grind and play more than you probably. I am a free player and it appears one of the few left in the forum. I avail myself of every one of those sources! The only source i do not avail myself of is the unit store offers and the rediculous unit offers. If you are a spender, whale or even just in a gold tier alliance member your experience and the degree of availabilty of these items is different! You can buy anything in this game! And top alliances have always had near exclusive access to the higher tier ranking items...i got 50 5s and 1/2 a t5b! And i been buying from the glory story using every but of glory i can...so yeah! 50 champs 6 awakened...and at this point that is too slow! And straight up! 4500 shards for something like 160k worth of nuts in the squirrel store is laughable!

sir, it seems like a bunch of your 5s are r4 or r3. maybe you can restrain yourself from ranking up every god tier / utility / favorite champ you get. also have you done the variant quests? those have rank up gems saving you resources for r5 rank ups. and maybe join an active alliance capable of map 5 and get those rankup materials from there. you really have to exercise patience and self control if you want r5s or r2 6s. i got two r2 6s and 1 r5 5s. I still got a bunch of rank up gems.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    We just got r3 6* appearing in game after a long wait. Why would r4 6* already be coming? Both on controlled progression of the game and for kabam monetizing the game this makes no sense and is completely irrational to expect.

• ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    We just got access to Rank 3 6* champions, and you think KABAM is going to release materials for Rank 4? Lol 😂

I just opened my second 6* champion. They are so freaking rare still in game. Kabam is taking their time, and I can dig it!
    Just to take my 4s to rank 4 i need 432 t4b and you are ganna tell me there is enough in the game? If i wanted to take them all to r5 that is another 720 t4b...now my 5s are starting to stack up...sorry but there is not enough t4b, t5b, t2a's or t5c in this game for the number of champs and star levels that require em...do you understand? Just for my current roster i need 1500 plus t4b!!! That there is enough is just bull cakes!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    xNig said:

Anything I missed?

Well, for one thing I think anyone who claims to play and grind a ton but is bottlenecked by T4B rather than T2A is not going to be running through Act 6.4 harvesting T6 basics. So when they agree with the OP to increase the top tier rank up rewards in the highest tier of the game content when that will likely have zero impact on their gameplay, I think we all missed something.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

You aren't even in a gold alliance? It sounds like your progress is too slow because you haven't progressed to a better alliance.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

Rap said:

You aren't even in a gold alliance? It sounds like your progress is too slow because you haven't progressed to a better alliance.
    I don't even know what being in a gold alliance has to do with anything here. It sounds like someone who has a vague idea that "gold alliance" means "high alliance" means something something. But actually, when we're talking about rank up materials AQ generally has a far bigger impact than AW.

A Gold 1 AW alliance is going to get 9k T5B (20%), 18k T2A (50%), one T4CC crystal, and whatever drops out of three war crystals, once every six weeks. In the same six weeks you'll cycle through about five AQ weeks (eight days). Even a map 3/4 alliance is going to get enough glory to buy at least 4500 T5B fragments every week (1850 glory): that's 22500 T5B fragments. Plus a ton of AQ Map crystals.

The Platinum and Master rewards get interesting when it comes to T5B, if that's your bottleneck. But outside of that AQ tends to be more rank up resource profitable than AW. And it doesn't take a huge amount of effort to extract significant value out of the glory store.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I was the first one to state this. For the amount of difficulty and the limitations to the hit count that you experience with even a r3 6 star in the Abyss they should have given a r4 6 star reward for exploration. Just one though and I think that would totally justify what we're going to face in less than a week. Great post whoever started this thread.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

It’s like people think that kabam is a non-profit. They aren’t going to release R4s until all the whales are properly milked. Line me up. Watch them spend thousands clearing the abyss. And then Start charging them $100 for 10% of a T3A every 3 months until 6.5 is released when the rest of the community can finally complete the whole chapter for their first R4.

There is no 6.5. 6.4 is the end of the current story arc and something else starts after.