**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How is it possible that SQUIRREL GIRL hits harder than Nova, THE HUMAN ROCKET?

RazorDevilRazorDevil Posts: 956 ★★★
I just watched Lagacy's CCP video on Nova and he gave out some very good constructive criticism, so go watch it he's always making good videos. Anyway, as it turns out, Nova is a defender... In the past we've seen kabam try to make defenders useable, like Thing, Sentinel, Darkhawk or Havok. It seems Nova is just a defender that is 100 steps down in my opinion even from Silver Surfer. His build up, as Lagacy says, is too difficult and the pay off not worth it. Seeing the numbers I agree. I believe I haven't seen such bad numbers since Korg and Diablo. I would also like to point out that his signature ability is imperative and he is hardly useable without it. The bonuses you get from building nova charges are not good. To demonstrate this: you get a 2.5 second unblockable buff for building up to max, which also drains all your charges.
There is a silver lining though. All he needs are potency and duration buffs. His fury should be way stronger, his unblockable way longer and his specials should hit way way way waaaaaaay harder. I hope I do not sound inpolite, I am merely trying to help kabam find a solution to make Nova a better more desirable champion, since iconic champions are not as prized by mcoc. "@Kabam Miike" are the numbers displayed by the champion in order or is it just a bug? Because if it is, then I stand corrected. I'm almost certain they are though, because no champion in 2020 could possibly be released with such a low attack potential.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Don't really know what you are trying to imply with those names ...

Squirrel Girl has more attack than Nova, without adding base abilities. Nova has abilities that increase his attack mid fight and Squirrel Girl has DoT to damage the opponent
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I’d wait until he’s accessible to the player base. Lagacy is a good player but doesn’t mean he’s figured every trinket nova has. Let everyone get their hands in nova first.
  • Quarrel girl beat some of the strongest marvel characters
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358

Were the people complaining about Diablo wrong? Or about Silver Surfer? Don't get me wrong, Surfer is ok, but he is far from the power level of Hyperion, a 2017 champion. And so is Nova. But I wish and I actually mean it I WISH I am wrong.

Hyperion is December 2016 along with Howard.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Agentk said:

issamaf80 said:

how in the hell is she better then Nova/Sentry/silver surfer/RedSkull and why in the world does one of the 2 champ released on January has to be always trash Sentry/Diablo now Nova

Squirrel girl has beaten thanos she’s hardly a pushover
    yeah she beat a thanos clone not the real one
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Were the people complaining about Diablo wrong? Or about Silver Surfer?

People initially underrated Ghost, significantly underrated Invisible Woman, significantly underrated Proxima Midnight. People have sometimes although less often overrated champs as well: Sabretooth comes to mind, at least in my opinion.

Probably the absolute objectively worst miss in history was Magik's revamp. Not only was she undervalued initially, she was actually considered worse than she started off as until quite a bit later, when power control became more generally accepted as a valuable game mechanic.

I think the majority got it wrong on Venom when he was updated, although that opinion has been steadily reversing over time. Venom is the most recent example of an initial opinion being one thing and then slowly but dramatically changing incrementally over time as more people get experience playing him. So it does happen.
    Dont know about ghost but proxima was superhyped up cuz everyone thought they can get 500k dmg every fight. Invisible woman is neither underrated nor overrated, what she does a lot of other champs can do better with less risk and less skill. Also I was here when venom got buffed, he most def wasnt underrated at the time.
    Proxima is hyped *now*. Initially, and for a while after release people complained that because she couldn't carry charges like Corvus she was practically worthless. The people pointing to her special damage were in the vanishingly small minority until significantly after release.

Invisible Woman was extremely underrated at release, specifically due to the perception she did anemic damage. I practically read every single post about her, as I pulled her early and was studying her as a candidate for the community boss challenge.

As to Venom, the average evaluation was that both he and Carnage would be more useful than before but there was no agreement that he was extremely strong. Not only was he underrated at release (of the update), he's still underrated *now*. And very specifically, when both Venom and Carnage were first updated, there was significant debate about which one was better after the buff: there was a strong argument that Carnage got the much better damage buff while Venom got the better utility.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Were the people complaining about Diablo wrong? Or about Silver Surfer?

People initially underrated Ghost, significantly underrated Invisible Woman, significantly underrated Proxima Midnight. People have sometimes although less often overrated champs as well: Sabretooth comes to mind, at least in my opinion.

Probably the absolute objectively worst miss in history was Magik's revamp. Not only was she undervalued initially, she was actually considered worse than she started off as until quite a bit later, when power control became more generally accepted as a valuable game mechanic.

I think the majority got it wrong on Venom when he was updated, although that opinion has been steadily reversing over time. Venom is the most recent example of an initial opinion being one thing and then slowly but dramatically changing incrementally over time as more people get experience playing him. So it does happen.
    Dont know about ghost but proxima was superhyped up cuz everyone thought they can get 500k dmg every fight. Invisible woman is neither underrated nor overrated, what she does a lot of other champs can do better with less risk and less skill. Also I was here when venom got buffed, he most def wasnt underrated at the time.
    Proxima is hyped *now*. Initially, and for a while after release people complained that because she couldn't carry charges like Corvus she was practically worthless. The people pointing to her special damage were in the vanishingly small minority until significantly after release.

Invisible Woman was extremely underrated at release, specifically due to the perception she did anemic damage. I practically read every single post about her, as I pulled her early and was studying her as a candidate for the community boss challenge.

As to Venom, the average evaluation was that both he and Carnage would be more useful than before but there was no agreement that he was extremely strong. Not only was he underrated at release (of the update), he's still underrated *now*. And very specifically, when both Venom and Carnage were first updated, there was significant debate about which one was better after the buff: there was a strong argument that Carnage got the much better damage buff while Venom got the better utility.
    I remember the Proxima videos hyping her to the moon showing the gaudy damage she could get on Winter Soldier. In my crowd, people felt like they were misled since she had to ponderously build to that damage and it was not worth the chase outside of RoL.

Can’t speak to IW. I never cared enough about her to follow her trajectory.

Venom is properly rated to me. He’s had his cheerleaders and the Variant content only helped his shine. Carnage did get the better damage buff and is still underrated as a damage dealer.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020

issamaf80 said:

Agentk said:

issamaf80 said:

how in the hell is she better then Nova/Sentry/silver surfer/RedSkull and why in the world does one of the 2 champ released on January has to be always trash Sentry/Diablo now Nova

Pretty sure it was the real one, and that the Watcher straight up says that it was not a clone.
    Was about to post the panel until I read about the possible retcon.

“Squirrel Girl's defeat of Thanos is an ambiguous one. Uatu the Watcher was present at the battle and claimed Squirrel Girl defeated the genuine Thanos and not a clone or copy. Thanos has since claimed he has perfected a means of creating clones of himself that could fool even "the most cosmic of beings." Adding to the ambiguity is the fact that the reveal comes from the mind of a clone whose memory had been altered.“
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel_Girl

*https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRant/comments/9xofy4/squirrel_girl_did_not_in_fact_beat_the_real_thanos

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Squirrel has defeated extremely powerful characters that nova wouldn’t stand a chance against. If anything squirrel girl should be the most op character in the game lol
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

issamaf80 said:

Agentk said:

issamaf80 said:

Pretty sure it was the real one, and that the Watcher straight up says that it was not a clone.
    Real or not that’s hardly an excuse for her being more powerful than other specific champs, otherwise I assume drax and deadpool will be getting buffed pretty soon then?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

issamaf80 said:

Agentk said:

issamaf80 said:

Real or not that’s hardly an excuse for her being more powerful than other specific champs, otherwise I assume drax and deadpool will be getting buffed pretty soon then?
    Champions are different from one another, and not all champion can have the same abilities or have the se offensive/defensive capabilities as others.
    There is no need for an excuse to make her deal more damage than other champions.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Markjv81 said:

issamaf80 said:

Agentk said:

issamaf80 said:

This is an interesting line of thought. Apparently being told the game doesn't honor your personal preferences on champion power leads you to the conclusion that the game should honor your other personal preferences on champion power.

I don't think you understand what's even happening here. Kabam isn't - and has no obligation to - try to prove that the comic books logically define how the character should appear in the game. Most comic book characters have a huge range of stories that depict them in different ways and Squirrel Girl is no exception. MCOC takes inspiration from the comic book sources, but inevitably that inspiration comes from a subset of the totality of the characters' existence.

Which means they can show inspiration references, but you can't pick any one story and say that because of this one story Drax or Deadpool should be this or that in the game. The game has no obligation to pick your references as the basis for the champions.

Markjv81 said:

issamaf80 said:

Agentk said:

issamaf80 said:

Champions are different from one another, and not all champion can have the same abilities or have the se offensive/defensive capabilities as others.
    There is no need for an excuse to make her deal more damage than other champions.
    That’s the whole point of my post? Saying she’s stronger than nova because she beat thanos and he didn’t is pointless because at some stage all champs have beat other champs.
    DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

issamaf80 said:

Agentk said:

issamaf80 said:

This is an interesting line of thought. Apparently being told the game doesn't honor your personal preferences on champion power leads you to the conclusion that the game should honor your other personal preferences on champion power.

I don't think you understand what's even happening here. Kabam isn't - and has no obligation to - try to prove that the comic books logically define how the character should appear in the game. Most comic book characters have a huge range of stories that depict them in different ways and Squirrel Girl is no exception. MCOC takes inspiration from the comic book sources, but inevitably that inspiration comes from a subset of the totality of the characters' existence.

Which means they can show inspiration references, but you can't pick any one story and say that because of this one story Drax or Deadpool should be this or that in the game. The game has no obligation to pick your references as the basis for the champions.
    This pretty much the exact point of my post.
    Wall of text
    Wall of text
    Wall of text
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Some of y’all haven’t read SQG’s win list