**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Buffing up champions

cool_parth98cool_parth98 Posts: 86
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos will you guys ever buff iron fist, black panther classic, and black panther civil war?

Comments

• Barath121Barath121 Posts: 49
    Also Cyclops
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    I wanna see them buff the champs they promised they will buff first and then hurry to others but that too is delayed.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    i'd b just happy they didnt announce anything and kept on buffing 1 or 2 champions every month as promised and release new synergies for some old turds to keep them Relavant!! but well that promise was two years old and they have broken many after that!! they some how have completely ignore reworking old champions gives some positivity to game!! out of colossus n Oml i'd say they buffed only 1 champion so please NO votes and more actual reworks
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

zeezee57 said:

Dude it takes half a year to buff the one champ they put up for a vote, pretty sure that puts this to rest. Hell it takes just as long just to release the "rebalancing" info 😂

How about OML? Took approximately forever to get no new animations, a janky “bleed” mechanic no one asked for, and his regen and resistance got worse. I’d be happy if they did some Gamora-style surprise buffs as long as they got on with it and made some progress!
    When another post asked why didn't other champs get the Gamora style buff, Kabam admitted that her buff took just as long as the She-Hulk and SpiderGwen buffs but they just never said anything so it was a major out of left field surprise.

That's not to say they couldn't be working on buffing other champs but as we've seen time and time again, if it's not the champ YOU want buffed, then you're likely to not be happy with the decision and argue "Why X and not Y!?!?"
    _ASDF_ said:

Rugal95 said:

kabam just do the worst job in the world in the game is terrible to think the amount of useless characters or even that does not roll buff with time even for the super horrible junk I even like the game has bad characters but this aki is full of ultra horrible characters that no one uses for anything in any situation, this is ending the game the repetitive events but even so kabam ta now there are sick whales to buy and buy characters 2019 dumpsters that only have prestige, normal play just leaving the game year after year a lot of inactive accounts doesn't matter if the game gets easier so to speak the lack of emotion in it is terrible usually after 6 months the new playings just leave it because nothing else in it has emotion not even the crystals that Nowadays, if you win a lot, you open a lot to leave 1 or 2 good and useful characters and the rest is against the arena.

You took this awful monologue and turned it into a post? Lmao.
    He did and I would give that a quick look if you have a sec..
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    I would be in favor if, every 2-4 months, we only get one new champ and they buff an old champ.

I think the best thing would be if kabam buffs champs based on rotating class. For example, we just had 2 mutants buffed and we are getting at least on 1 tech champ buffed. The next buff would be cosmic then mystic and so on. Kabam could even keep the voting by selecting the worst champs of the given class and that champ gets the buff. Even if this isn’t what happens I really support more frequent champion re-works

I would be in favor if, every 2-4 months, we only get one new champ and they buff an old champ.

I think the best thing would be if kabam buffs champs based on rotating class. For example, we just had 2 mutants buffed and we are getting at least on 1 tech champ buffed. The next buff would be cosmic then mystic and so on. Kabam could even keep the voting by selecting the worst champs of the given class and that champ gets the buff. Even if this isn’t what happens I really support more frequent champion re-works

It's not a bad suggestion but there's also whatever pressure they have from Marvel on what or who to promote that has to be considered. An alternative is a cycle like you suggested where Kabam keeps it's obligations for ther MCU tie ins, release a couple new champs and buff older champs to keep them in the current meta.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★

zeezee57 said:

Dude it takes half a year to buff the one champ they put up for a vote, pretty sure that puts this to rest. Hell it takes just as long just to release the "rebalancing" info 😂

How about OML? Took approximately forever to get no new animations, a janky “bleed” mechanic no one asked for, and his regen and resistance got worse. I’d be happy if they did some Gamora-style surprise buffs as long as they got on with it and made some progress!
    When another post asked why didn't other champs get the Gamora style buff, Kabam admitted that her buff took just as long as the She-Hulk and SpiderGwen buffs but they just never said anything so it was a major out of left field surprise.

That's not to say they couldn't be working on buffing other champs but as we've seen time and time again, if it's not the champ YOU want buffed, then you're likely to not be happy with the decision and argue "Why X and not Y!?!?"
    If they’re making steady, reasonable progress and not dragging their feet, I know they’ll get to my champs. The process just needs to go a whole lot faster. There’s no reason the buffs have needed to take so long. They weren’t from the ground floor tear-downs and reimaginings. Colossus’ new animations were done and in well before the abilities. OML didn’t even get that, so what took so long?

zeezee57 said:

If they’re making steady, reasonable progress and not dragging their feet, I know they’ll get to my champs. The process just needs to go a whole lot faster. There’s no reason the buffs have needed to take so long. They weren’t from the ground floor tear-downs and reimaginings. Colossus’ new animations were done and in well before the abilities. OML didn’t even get that, so what took so long?
    The other thing you have to consider is they're under obligation from the higher-ups including Marvel themselves into creating characters that they want to promote as tie ins for the films. If they didn't have those other obligations I'm sure they could focus exclusively on bringing up older champions increasing their damage output and abilities into the current meta.

zeezee57 said:

The other thing you have to consider is they're under obligation from the higher-ups including Marvel themselves into creating characters that they want to promote as tie ins for the films. If they didn't have those other obligations I'm sure they could focus exclusively on bringing up older champions increasing their damage output and abilities into the current meta.
    It can’t possibly be so hard to change the number, duration, and potency of passives/buffs/debuffs. They could get a great number of champs usable if not desirable by tweaking them to current standards. Punisher 2099 for instance, has cool effects and potential in all phases, but everything he has is tuned down so far they made him suck. It wouldn’t take long at all I’d be shocked if they don’t have a way of automating testing of champs.

zeezee57 said:

It can’t possibly be so hard to change the number, duration, and potency of passives/buffs/debuffs. They could get a great number of champs usable if not desirable by tweaking them to current standards. Punisher 2099 for instance, has cool effects and potential in all phases, but everything he has is tuned down so far they made him suck. It wouldn’t take long at all to make him relevant. I’d be shocked if they don’t have a way of automated testing of characters with data collection. If a cheater can run semi-sophisticated macros, I’m sure Kabam can and does.
  • Ice_and_FireIce_and_Fire Posts: 220
    What happens if they buff a champ you have maxed out? Is that why they have rank down gems?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

zeezee57 said:

It can’t possibly be so hard to change the number, duration, and potency of passives/buffs/debuffs.
    It takes no effort at all to do that. It takes quite a bit of effort to do it correctly. It is worth noting that every single champion released into the game was released in a state the designers thought was correct after months of work. So I'm sure they would get it right the second time after only hours of work.
    DNA3000 said:

zeezee57 said:

It can’t possibly be so hard to change the number, duration, and potency of passives/buffs/debuffs.
    It takes no effort at all to do that. It takes quite a bit of effort to do it correctly. It is worth noting that every single champion released into the game was released in a state the designers thought was correct after months of work. So I'm sure they would get it right the second time after only hours of work.
    It shouldn’t take several months. No one is asking for perfection and they haven’t been delivering it. They aren’t starting from scratch and having to figure out what works and what doesn’t with no data and no idea what’s coming up. They’ve had no problem with reusing numbers throughout the champion roster. There’s many champs that have wildly different abilities but the same attack and crit rate like Blade and Mysterio or CM and Medusa. They have acceptable parameters already. Shouldn’t take too much work to determine a value between the starting point of too low and the boundary that they’ve chosen for a parameter. If there’s a known good value and they’ve got all the what-if data for it, it should go even faster.

So apparently everyone who has garbage champs wants Kabam to buff them to make their roster better.....there HAS to be bad, mediocre, good, great and phenomenal champs so that everyone is not pulling great champs every crystal 🤦🏻‍♂️

What’s Kabam’s motivation for putting out champs that have minimal upside in their playable content? How are you concluding that some champs have to suck? The thing that would be bad is if every champ was all-around great in everything in any situation.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    If we're to wait for half a year for champion rework and buffs, it makes me wonder if they start working on new champs 1.5 - 2 yrs in advance. That will make more sense in my opinion. Meaning they're currently working on champs to be released end of 2021 or early 2022.

The wait time to these champion changes is unfathomable. It takes too long meaning it's not their priority. I can tell you how many time I've hit the forum hoping for a surprised early info about these upcoming rebalancing and champ buffs.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Do we even know if they are doing DD along with Hulkbuster yet? Havent heard any update. I wonder if this means they havent even really started yet. OR do they Complete HB and then start on DD if time admits. But what is the time limit they claim? lol. They pretty much have as long as the game is live.