**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Help with Iceman

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
Hey all, just had a little question I could use some help with. I’m currently doing the master eq (since I’m not uncollected) and was doing pretty good by my standards until the chapter with iceman as the boss. I went in feeling confident, and then all of my champs died. My team was as follows:
4* 5/50 Domino
4* 5/50 Hyperion
4* 4/40 Stealth Spidey
4* 4/40 Sentinel
5* 3/45 Quake
I did about a thousand damage total, and felt kinda disappointed.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks for the iceman? If need be I can show my roster.
Thanks in advance,
Me

Comments

• HyzerBombHyzerBomb Posts: 80
    Doesn't look like you have a frostbite immune champ so you'll take some damage that way but any of them are good. Just parry to drop hisbice armor and then back off, next parries while it is down will inflict stun. You can basically fight him as normal while it's down. His S2 is easy to avoid. But if you get hit by it you'll probably die. His S1 you can Dex too just the timing has to be right, little later than you'd expect to dodge it all. Hope that helps
  • HyzerBombHyzerBomb Posts: 80
    Practice with a couple duels too to get used to it
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    HyzerBomb said:

Doesn't look like you have a frostbite immune champ so you'll take some damage that way but any of them are good. Just parry to drop hisbice armor and then back off, next parries while it is down will inflict stun. You can basically fight him as normal while it's down. His S2 is easy to avoid. But if you get hit by it you'll probably die. His S1 you can Dex too just the timing has to be right, little later than you'd expect to dodge it all. Hope that helps

It does. Didn’t realize that parry removed armor, now it makes some more sense.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

HyzerBomb said:

It does. Didn’t realize that parry removed armor, now it makes some more sense.
    Technically, Iceman's armor protects him from being stunned: if you stun him the armor prevents the stun but also breaks the armor. So the first time you try to stun him if he has armor it won't work, but it will break the stun so the next stun will work, until the armor reforms. Also, if Iceman uses SP2 this also breaks his own armor (to increase damage) and he will again be vulnerable to stunning until the armor reforms.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    You don’t need a frostbite immune champ I used Hyperion to one shot him everytime
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 735 ★★★
    Can we see three test of your roster, maybe you have better options to try
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    Once you learn to evade his Specials, he's a cake-walk. Get the timing down and you're golden.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    if AuntM.ai is right, hype has a really good energy resistance, so you'll take less damage from coldsnap ^_^
    quake can work too, you just have to dance around a little while you wait for the initial coldsnap to expire and then you can quake him to death.
    alternatively, do you have a mordo or a Sinister? both are really good champs for this fight ^_^

the best way to deal with this iceman, though, is to learn how to dex and punish his specials: if you can do this you can kill him with basically every champion (just be sure that it doesn't apply bleed, poison or incinerate debuffs).