**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Heavy attack triggered Resist mid heavy

RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
Hey everyone,

this probably isnt a bug but maybe a random interaction but i noticed it in Arena and dont have a recording.

So i was using Heimdall against Havok, i landed a parry, did 1 medium then a heavy, the first part of Heimdall's heavy had already connected while Havok was still stunned and against the wall but when the second part of his heavy was going to connect Havok proc'd Resist and parry'd me.

i still won the fight, but this didnt seem right since the Heavy had already connected and Heimdall was simply finishing his animation.

should the defender still be able to react after a heavy has connected?

this feels similar to how Hyperion could have Sparky proc evade mid heavy and Hype was fixed to resolve this.

Comments

• MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Hyperion has not been fixed. This is a bug, imo, and is repeatable as the defender reacts now if the stun wears off mid heavy. Another AI tweak?
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Must be stand your ground mastery
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    The stand your ground mastery allows you champions to resist a heavy with a x chance
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★

The stand your ground mastery allows you champions to resist a heavy with a x chance

He knows what the mastery is; he's questioning whether or not they should be able to resist after your heavy has already landed its first hit.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    This is not a new thing. my thoughts are that the first hit of a multi hit heavy should roll the dice for the whole action. Any multi hit special is liable to proc resist at any point in the action.
  • Hey there, does anyone happen to have any footage of this happening or have opponents this has happened consistently against?
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★

This is not a new thing. my thoughts are that the first hit of a multi hit heavy should roll the dice for the whole action. Any multi hit special is liable to proc resist at any point in the action.

i would if the defender is in a block stance, but in my example the defender was still stunned when the first hit of my heavy connected, stun ended and the second part of the heavy triggered "resist".
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    edited January 2020

Hey there, does anyone happen to have any footage of this happening or have opponents this has happened consistently against?

i've noticed it maybe one other time months ago using X-23 but the defender was dying of bleed damage so the fight ended quickly.

with as low as the chance is for resist to proc, it would be very difficult to replicate.

unless someone has maybe noticed it on one of the youtubers streams at some point.

as for champs this might happen to, i would start with those that have 2 part heavys with long(ish) animations.

Heimdall
    Hyperion
    Old Man Logan
    Agent Venom
    X-23

those are some that come to mind with long 2 part heavys.