**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 280 ★★★
    Can you please increase the inventory for rank-up items? 8 slots for t4cc is a joke when we need to hoard them to rank up 6* champs.

This! I know you guys said you would "discuss it with the team" but we haven't heard anything back. For higher end players it's now pointless to rank up 4*'s and we get t4cc much faster than 5*s, so what happens is hoarding any crystal that awards t4cc or t4cc shards. And now that you've expanded t4cc shards so much, that's quite a few crystals. Please increase inventory levels!

• Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    So, after 8/30, we will get shards for dupping a 5*. What is the official time the shards start dropping?
  • So, after 8/30, we will get shards for dupping a 5*. What is the official time the shards start dropping?

Once you update to the newest release of the game that comes out tomorrow! Once you're on 15.0, you'll be able to receive 6-Star Shards for duplicating a 5-Star Champion.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Any chance of addressing a re-occurring suggestion of advancing 5* to 6*? Even if it's to shoot it down, some kind of comment would be appreciated. Many think it's a good idea, but obviously I don't speak for everyone.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    I completely understand where your frustration is coming from and I apologize that this announcement has caused it. We definitely don't mean to cause that feeling once they're released. To touch on what you've said: One of the big reasons we're adding 6-Stars to the game is so that our higher tiered players, like yourself, have the ability to keep growing beyond what you already have with 5-Stars. Same goes for the lower tier. There is a newer goal to work towards that allows for my content within the game. It's important to also remember that champions which are considered valuable are still considered so.

This paragraph alone goes against everything a top player has said in this chat or on the forums. So I ask where is this information coming from. Not a single top player has chimed in with support for this, yet you still claim they want to grow. They don't want to grow, they want content to challenge them with their current roster.

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So, after 8/30, we will get shards for dupping a 5*. What is the official time the shards start dropping?

Once you update to the newest release of the game that comes out tomorrow! Once you're on 15.0, you'll be able to receive 6-Star Shards for duplicating a 5-Star Champion.

Will we be able to see them? I remember that in the past when we weren't able to buy a crystle yet you couldn't see the shards you've collected. Seeing the number of shards you have is a must.
  • I completely understand where your frustration is coming from and I apologize that this announcement has caused it. We definitely don't mean to cause that feeling once they're released. To touch on what you've said: One of the big reasons we're adding 6-Stars to the game is so that our higher tiered players, like yourself, have the ability to keep growing beyond what you already have with 5-Stars. Same goes for the lower tier. There is a newer goal to work towards that allows for my content within the game. It's important to also remember that champions which are considered valuable are still considered so.

This paragraph alone goes against everything a top player has said in this chat or on the forums. So I ask where is this information coming from. Not a single top player has chimed in with support for this, yet you still claim they want to grow. They don't want to grow, they want content to challenge them with their current roster.

Exactly. Miike, we need a response to the possibility of taking 5* champs to 6* without having to obtain them all over again. Maybe allow people to do only 2 5*'s or something like that.

I have not heard one top 100 player to say that starting over with 6*'s is what they want. Exact opposite. You will lose your top players (whales) if you don't do something about this. Thanks
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    I completely understand where your frustration is coming from and I apologize that this announcement has caused it. We definitely don't mean to cause that feeling once they're released. To touch on what you've said: One of the big reasons we're adding 6-Stars to the game is so that our higher tiered players, like yourself, have the ability to keep growing beyond what you already have with 5-Stars. Same goes for the lower tier. There is a newer goal to work towards that allows for my content within the game. It's important to also remember that champions which are considered valuable are still considered so.

Exactly. Miike, we need a response to the possibility of taking 5* champs to 6* without having to obtain them all over again. Maybe allow people to do only 2 5*'s or something like that.

I have not heard one top 100 player to say that starting over with 6*'s is what they want. Exact opposite. You will lose your top players (whales) if you don't do something about this. Thanks
    Finally people realizing it's pointless to have different stars for the same character

• FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Any chance of addressing a re-occurring suggestion of advancing 5* to 6*? Even if it's to shoot it down, some kind of comment would be appreciated. Many think it's a good idea, but obviously I don't speak for everyone.
    Should be like this for every star level in the game. A 3* should advance to 4*. A 4* should advance to 5* and so on...
  • With the release of 6* is there any chance that those alliances not currently getting t4cc from aq but are close to it could start getting some. There's whole platoons of hard working half decent alliances that are in danger of never catching up in the stupid prestige race.
  • So my issue with this whole announcement is the fact that you can even announce this so far in advance and as many said already you can't even max a 5* champion yet. The biggest issue is in regards to that there is no time table given to us for when to expect that to happen, yet we are given a time table for 6* champions to show up and become playable??.?.

I just don't understand how can you timeline a new champion tier but not an existing tiers progression?

I totally get being frustrated in not having an answer to when you can start ranking up your 5-Stars fully, but please be aware that we are going to provide that ability in the near future. Once we have the updated information on when that'll be we will make sure to let you all know.

We want you to be able to rank your champions that you have now before 6-Stars are playable. We make mention of this in our announcement thread. There are going to be multiple ways of receiving these ranking items as time advances.
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364

Are we gonna see the 24 batch of 6* picture under the 6* banner or will there be a ? mark picture making it more mysterious lol
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Oh please put a 6 star carnage, that has the attack of a 1 star..
  • So, after 8/30, we will get shards for dupping a 5*. What is the official time the shards start dropping?

Are we gonna see the 24 batch of 6* picture under the 6* banner or will there be a ? mark picture making it more mysterious lol

We haven't finalized the list of 6-Star Champions that will be in the first cohort in the Crystal, so it will be mysterious!
  • SkullmanicSkullmanic Posts: 8
    You guys really screwed over spenders we put alot of money in game just to get a 5star to rank4 not even max out yet.then you come out with 6star.you guys getting 0 money from me if 6star comes out. Nice way to kick paying customers in the back
    edited August 2017
    It would made more sense give us an option to add new enhancements to our 5stars rather than coming out with 6stars making it completely pointless ranking up 5stars and wasting money and time spent building them up
    edited August 2017
    I'm actually in support of it. Everything in its own time. Many of us knew it was inevitable. While I've said it was a ways off in the past, and it was, I think it's important to continue to have new goals. The design is such that no Star Level is obsolete. Just focused on by a different demographic. It's a ways off before they start circulating, but I'm for it.

If you want the game to not get boring . You don't have to add new star tiers it's boring and played out. People like playing heroes they worked hard on to get not dump it for a 6star version of same hero.if want to add something new to game come with new enhancements. Or new system where heroes can skill they was supposed get from the comic book
    .like wolverine could get a new skills for unblockable claw attack
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364

We haven't finalized the list of 6-Star Champions that will be in the first cohort in the Crystal, so it will be mysterious!

Will the 24 contain champs that were released earlier this yr or mix of this yr and last yr??
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    I figured out Kabams master plan. They will release all the nerfed and garbage champs first along with the low prestige ones, so that way they don't have to buff them as a 4* or 5*. Dr. Strange will have a wicked life steal now thanks to Adrenaline. As a 6* Scarlet Witch will have a higher critical rate.

All kidding aside. My guess for the first 24 6* are;
    Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Luke Cage, Joe Fixit, Spider Gwen, Thor, Carnage, Iron Patriot, Black Widow, Abomination, Iron Fist, Juggernaut, Colossus, Rhino, Cyclops (both), Wolverine, Moon Knight, Magneto (both), War Machine, Winter Solider, Black Panther Civil War and MS. Marvel.
  • Here is my take on it at this point in time. First some context - I am a 424k player with a 6343 prestige and six 5* r4 champs and have completed 100% of the end game content. I was like the 250th-ish person to finish LOL.

At first I was annoyed at the 6* announcement but if you step back - it kind of makes sense. And they gave us a lot of notice. Also keep in mind that 6*s won't make any kind of real impact for another 12-to-18 months. That is a long time from now.

I don't think that 4*s are the new 3*s - as some have suggested. The reason is that a lot of content can be completed with 4* champs even by average players. You can complete all Master Quests, Map5, ROL, Act 4, RTL and Act 5.1 with a good team of 4* 5/50s. You can't do that with 3*s. And that content will be here forever.

Adding 6*s and making it easier for players to get 4*s and 5*s actually serves everyone. The new players advance more quickly and the more experienced players will also be able to advance their rosters and have greater challenges to face and more room to grow.

These new changes are not freaking me out. I think they have some merit.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Here is my take on it at this point in time. First some context - I am a 424k player with a 6343 prestige and six 5* r4 champs and have completed 100% of the end game content. I was like the 250th-ish person to finish LOL.

At first I was annoyed at the 6* announcement but if you step back - it kind of makes sense. And they gave us a lot of notice. Also keep in mind that 6*s won't make any kind of real impact for another 12-to-18 months. That is a long time from now.

I don't think that 4*s are the new 3*s - as some have suggested. The reason is that a lot of content can be completed with 4* champs even by average players. You can complete all Master Quests, Map5, ROL, Act 4, RTL and Act 5.1 with a good team of 4* 5/50s. You can't do that with 3*s. And that content will be here forever.

Adding 6*s and making it easier for players to get 4*s and 5*s actually serves everyone. The new players advance more quickly and the more experienced players will also be able to advance their rosters and have greater challenges to face and more room to grow.

this will all depended on how much ranking resources are available and from the initial look at the glory offering it's not as improved as I had hoped
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Here is my take on it at this point in time. First some context - I am a 424k player with a 6343 prestige and six 5* r4 champs and have completed 100% of the end game content. I was like the 250th-ish person to finish LOL.

Go create a new account, collect your virtually free four star (or three star if you're unlucky) and play Act One. Tell me how long it takes you to get bored and quit.
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    @Kabam Miike Please, please, please let us know if the team have heard the overwhelmingly popular suggestion of advancing 5 stars to 6 stars. I'm not asking you to agree to implement it, but at least let us know you've put it on the table for discussion with the team.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    The 6 star crystal game screen is already circulating around the community. Gamora, Venom and Netflix DD are the poster boys and girl. If that one is accurate then this is truly disappointing.
  • Phantom wrote: »
    Go create a new account, collect your virtually free four star (or three star if you're unlucky) and play Act One. Tell me how long it takes you to get bored and quit.

For new players I think it is less about boredom and more about frustration. There is a ton of content that newer players can't even touch because they lack the "fire power" to do so. They just have to look at it, sniffle and say...some day. And that some day could literally be years! Additionally, they keep adding newer, harder content continuously.

I hated the idea of 5*s when they first came out but can't imagine the game without them now. 4*s will still be relevant for a lot of hard content forever, 5*s will dominate the game for at least another year (probably longer) and we will be able to max them (soon hopefully) - and 5*s will continue to be valuable to the game beyond that because it is going to take a long time to acquire and rank up the 6*s.

I am cautiously optimistic.
  • J_SlapJ_Slap Posts: 67
    Can it be confirmed that 7* champs won't be released through a certain time table so we know how much to invest in 6*. Please say through 2020
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    J_Slap wrote: »
    Can it be confirmed that 7* champs won't be released through a certain time table so we know how much to invest in 6*. Please say through 2020

Pretty sure the answer would be "we have no plans to release 7* champs at this time" ;)
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    The addition of 6-stars, I think, is rather uninspired. It weakens the aesthetic of the game. Instead, I would do something like enhancing a 5-star champ in some way when it reaches max sig level - call it ISO SHIFTED. New star color to indicate ISO SHIFTED status. So like red stars instead of silver and then add a new ability for the ISO SHIFTED champ or access to new masteries for ISO SHIFTED champs.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    like the Adrenaline ability... give that to the max sig 5-star champs or to the rank 5 5-star champs.