**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Squirrels vs Skrulls [Side Quest]

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Since the event came, I've managed to 100% the majority. However, the few times I haven't its because of a roadblock defender. Mine as always been Hyperion. I know the defenders vary day to day. However, on this particular node, mine has been Hyperion for 3 or 4 consecutive times. I just wanna know if it's the same thing with you guys? Is it Hyperion on that node for you as well? Does the defenders vary from player to player on a particular day? Or the defenders I faced are customized? I have no idea. I'd appreciate if have any knowledge on this. Also, who do you think can counter him?

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I have had Hype there twice I think but not recently.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    So I face Hyperion again for the 4th or even 5th time. I have to use team revive to get past him.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    The following ways may work:
    1. LC - Bait his SP1/2 and immune from one SP3
    2. Hype vs Hype - Bait his SP 1/2 and manage your SP2 wisely
    3. Magik - Need to face one SP3 but then you can power lock him till the end
    Reference said:

1. LC his power gain is nasty, this not your regular hyperion (aspect of evolutio). And LC exhaustion won't stick cos he shrugs them off like nothing.

2. Hype won't work cos how many sp1s and sp2s can I manage till he gets to sp3.

3. Magik, she won't be alive after one sp3. No champ will unless those that can rank sp3s like Iceman and kilmonger. Neither I have as 5stars.

I used all 5 champs, died and revive them before I got him down.

I will try SSupreme, have him as 4star. Maybe he'll do the trick. It's sad and frustrating sometimes not having the right champ for the occasion.
  • McocHPMcocHP Posts: 46
    solo'd him with claire voyant. She nullifies power gain from first hit. Then 1st combo switch to poisen/power drain mode. SP2 loop. Buff immunity is great. Do need to dex an occasional SP1/SP2 but no biggie.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Reference said:

1. LC his power gain is nasty, this not your regular hyperion (aspect of evolutio). And LC exhaustion won't stick cos he shrugs them off like nothing.

3. Magik, she won't be alive after one sp3. No champ will unless those that can rank sp3s like Iceman and kilmonger. Neither I have as 5stars.

I will try SSupreme, have him as 4star. Maybe he'll do the trick. It's sad and frustrating sometimes not having the right champ for the occasion.
    I faced hype few times in Epic and so far so good.
    Since u have Stack Spidey, take a look of this vis (starting from 8:04)
    https://youtu.be/eP8bwHw7CUI
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Jesus 2 days in a row you complain about this....

Yes a complaint cos all the defenders change from day after day except him for about 5 consecutive times.
    If you didn't read my full post, I asked for solutions. So if you don't any, just shut up and find somewhere to comment on.
    Simmer down a bit my guy, you're not doing yourself any favours there

SS works with some RNG, Ghost w/ Hood is also great
    edited January 2020
    Reference said:

J0eySn0w said:

Reference said:

I faced hype few times in Epic and so far so good.
    Since u have Stack Spidey, take a look of this vis (starting from 8:04)
    https://youtu.be/eP8bwHw7CUI

Wow, nice take down. Thanks, I appreciate the help. I've tried Stark Spidey, rotating combos from 2-4 hits. Wasn't able to get him to use his specials as often as you did. Will keep working on it.