**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who do you thing are best champions for heavy intercept and the worst

LainuaLainua Posts: 861 ★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Best:

1. Mascare: not just his heavy is long range but it's also very fast and multiple hits. Unbelievable good for heavy intercept.
2. Corvus: not as good as Mascare but also very good. Long range, 3 hits.
3. Doctor Octopus + someone else I haven't thought out

The worst: Everyone with short range heavy like Domino, Daredevil, Cyclops, too short you can hardly get to the opponent especially if they also have short range themselves.

Special mention Hyperion. His heavy has two part with a long break in-between so you can eat a full combo into your face more often then not.

Comments

• awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Personally enjoy warlocks heavy intercept. Quick 1-hit slash, causes bleed. Decent range.

In the event you missed, you're not committed to a multi-hit heavy, and might be able to recover and not get punished.
  • Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 575 ★★★
    I like Hyperion and cap iw personally
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★

I like Hyperion and cap iw personally

Me too. Use hyperion all the time for aegis nodes. Capiw if I see a frost there.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Hype if the persons special is punishable

Sort of Mordo as well. Hold heavy, and hopefully you will generate a bar of power and hit them with it when they dash at u. Not rlly heavy intercepting but it’s similar
  • NimorNimor Posts: 110
    I think cull has potentially the biggest reach of all on the first hit. Masacre probably goes the furthest with all his hits combined. The ones i currently dislike is ef's heavy that seems to not be able to punish almost anything and probably hyperion's cause he relies on heavy and the first hit's small reach and the time gap after that makes you an easy target.
  • BDeezyBDeezy Posts: 119
    I have the best luck with warlock despite his range not being the best. (Although it is a pretty good distance)

Emma Frost is my girl and has been a mainstay on my attack teams but her heavy is not made to cover distance despite the utility it brings.

Cap IW or She hulk is my go to on aegis node As it is 2 hits.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Red skull with omega red synergy.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Iron Man infinity war does good
  • tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★
    Uhh... Wasp??
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    I have personally used hyperion and capIW the most. Hyperion is great for heavy countering specials and long heavies like Iron man IW while cap is better for shorter heavies(tho he still is dang good vs long heavies too)
  • hankenarhankenar Posts: 34
    Iceman anyone?
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Surprised no one has mentioned omega red
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Medusa has a good reach
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I mean, for the node in general I’d say chanps like Hyperion massacre etc, but for the common opponents I find myself using ghost most frequently since 60% if fights are mordo