**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Still broken. Just cost me a revive against Cull in UCEQ surfer quest.
  • JMORG1111JMORG1111 Posts: 158
    It's still happening. I know you guys are investigating but come on. Nightcrawler is a perfect example. Go back to the March update on a test server and look at the interaction. This has been happening for 8 months and the best we've got is: "We will look into this and see if it is happening". That is unacceptable. Its costing players items though, so I get it. Rake in that bread.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Kabam posted the next fixes and updates here... https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/174118/known-issues-current-version-25-1

And there is NO MENTION OF THIS AT ALL? Not even "under investigation".

WTH Kabam?
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Happened in Variant 3
    Was using my sentinel against another sentinel
    Hit into his block and he used a sp1
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    Namor vs CM in RoL. CM against wall, hitting her block and she launches sp2. Any progress on this?
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Still happening. Why can the AI block-lock me when they're hitting my block? They slowly beat on my block while I try to back up or hit special and nothing works, but they can special right out of it. It's total BS.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Happend again in act 6.1.5 omega vs aegon
  • igotgame1075igotgame1075 Posts: 48
    edited January 2020
    This is happening in AQ map 5 all over the place. I 3 hit a defender and before I can do anything I’m countered mid combo by a sp. Why is the AI allowed to do this, but the player can’t? Happened on OML on poison node. Happened on CAIW on bleed node, both while using OR against them.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Had it happen again today. Omega Red vs Mr Sinister boss in 6.2.2 - Medium into Light into Mr Sinister firing an L1 into my face.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    This has been happening to me countless times in eq
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    AI in map 5 today I was hitting in a block ate S2 from symbiote than Mordo I didn’t even finish my 5 hit combo on the 4th he started punching
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    Mninobody said:

So Namor is one of my main attackers. And one of his biggest abilities is hitting into block. By not fixing this issue you are basically nerfing him and others. This seemed to happen when that Thanos boss came out and needing to hit into his block. None the less, why isn’t this a bigger priority in getting fixed. To many deaths happen from a bug when other things are being fixed that do not change play style as much. Please give us an update @Kabam Miike

They want us to take damage. This is part of the ever evolving AI. They change mechanics and AI intelligence all the time. This change months ago and was deliberate and they stated that they would like examples if it's more than they intended but the fact of the matter is that it was "intended". They actually said that this was always supposed to be possible but was not working before. I experienced it all the time. I go to hit someone after they get knocked down and instead of my hit making contact, they throw a special at me. I was clearly trying to hit them first. Baiting specials is becoming increasingly more difficult. There are times (more often than I liked to say) where they will hold for third special no matter how long you bait them to throw it. I know how to "Bait like a Ninja" but the AI just does not cooperate. This is happening more and more often. Has anyone noticed that the AI behaves differently at the beginning of the fight now. Another AI change on the ever evolving AI.

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    It has been happening more and more recently for me...
    Fix this kabam
    edited January 2020
    This discrepancy is starting to show up in all aspects of the Battle realm EQ, AQ & AW in arena please fix Kabam
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    Just happened to me in AW with corvus attacking into nick fury's block. Wasted a lot of potions. It isn't the first time. Is this going to be fixed? I'm ready to quit at this point.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    Seraphion said:

Happend again in act 6.1.5 omega vs aegon

Same happened for me, exact same fight.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    Mninobody said:

@Jemster519 interesting. I have never seen where kabam said this was an intended act. Why have this post then if it’s something they want to do anyway? Do they not know exactly what they want to do and not want? I would love to see that information because if that is true, they need to speak louder on that.

It is at the beginning of the thread. I have been on this thread since it started. They did say that this was always supposed to be possible but wasn't working correctly before but now it is. They wanted examples if it is happening too much. IE Fight and where it happened. Tons of examples provided but no further feed back so here we are several months later talking about the same thing. I think what they have done is merger several threads into this one and they are keeping this one open for that purpose. I suspect that this may be the reason.
    This session of AQ map 6 I was in the middle of a combo on 3Rd punch ate a special 2
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I'm currently exploring Variant 3.

Half the time I get combo intercepted while I'm striking into the enemy's block...I'm using Sentinel and trying to build up his analysis charges by repeatedly striking into an opponent's block, but i have to play extremely carefully because they might me able to intercept me somehow :(
This discussion has been closed.