**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Inequity and resonate not working

I have bought these very expensive masteries, but it seems that, as soon as the opponent has a attack + (after act 2 they all have this more or less) node, these masteries is bugged (sorry for the english spelling).

Comments

• mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    So now i have double checked it. And i am certain that these masteries only work with base attack so they are completely useless if there is an attack node. So i think i would like a refund please.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    mortenhy said:

I have bought these very expensive masteries, but it seems that, as soon as the opponent has a attack + (after act 2 they all have this more or less) node, these masteries is bugged (sorry for the english spelling).

You are 100% correct about inequity (I haven't tested resonate). It only reduces base attack and has no affect on any modified attack. This means inequity can be pretty useful in places like ROL and LOL (with no attack modifiers), but nearly worthless in most Story Quests, Alliance Quests, and Alliance Wars since they all have significant attack modifiers that are unaffected by the mastery.

This was reported years ago and Kabam Miike stated they were going to roll out a fix. Hours before the fix was to roll out, Miike then posted that the fix would be held back. Over 2 years later and they we have yet to see any progress on the mastery. Since this time, they are still using using Inequity as a recommended mastery in the champion spotlights of some debuff-heavy champs like Void and Masacre despite knowing about the bug. I hope it gets fixed...or at the very least a refund while the bug is worked out.

There are old threads about it:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/63603/inequity-status/p1

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1057191#Comment_1057191

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/45147/inequity-bug-fix-not-please-clarify/p1
  • mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    Thanks a lot.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    A very interesting answer.

Because Resonate label is not clear, could someone confirm that Resonate only applies on base attack (like Inequity bug) ?

Regarding Inequity, the easiest solution is to refund the players that activated it and to correct its label (to mention base attack). Each one could then choose to re-activate it with the knowledge of what it does exactly.
    And by the way to update Resonate label.
  • TeamMeanGreenTeamMeanGreen Posts: 37
    You won’t get a refund. I am surprised your thread wasn’t closed. Any other time it is mentioned the administrators delete the thread to keep their bug a secret, so that more people will continue to waste their money on this particular broken product.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Any movement on this one way or another?
  • TeamMeanGreenTeamMeanGreen Posts: 37
    No @BigPoppaCBONE kabam will Continue to encourage players to buy these masteries by including them in newly released champion’s “champion spotlight” but they will never. Ever. Fix them.
  • BlueVitriolBlueVitriol Posts: 17
    Any news? Been years.
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175
    Do wonder if the upcoming inequity fix translates into an inequity fix....