**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thing (The Champion Synergy) Has been Silently NERFED! (Or is it a bug?!)

As you can see in the pic, Thing will not trigger his Indestructables from the Synergies (Heimdall, The Champion) Separately!
It Triggers Both of them at the same time which is REALLY ANNOYING cause you don't have the Heimdall safety anymore,
Before it was if it is a damage from an effect (Like Coldsnap, Poison, etc) or caused by an effect (Like a fury buff) it would trigger Heimdall indestructible first but if it was caused by a regular hit it would trigger The Champion Synergy but it has CHANGED since last night!

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    No, im pretty sure it's always triggered both. It has too so you can get the fury buffs from the champion synergy.

Also, stop calling things nerfs. If something has changed, especially in the middle of an update, it's a bug. People like you keep feeding conspiracy theoriests.
  • Options
    AO8mileAO8mile Posts: 89
    @Demonzfyre Nope, you're pretty off there, it has never triggered both at the same time, if u had thing and u were using it u would know + you can search on youtube and watch the videos if you're not sure, it's happening since last night and it's been more than a month since the update (Update came out 13th December 2019 today is 21st January 2020!) what do u even mean by in the middle of an update I can't really understand
  • Options
    AO8mile said:

@Demonzfyre Nope, you're pretty off there, it has never triggered both at the same time, if u had thing and u were using it u would know + you can search on youtube and watch the videos if you're not sure, it's happening since last night and it's been more than a month since the update (Update came out 13th December 2019 today is 21st January 2020!) what do u even mean by in the middle of an update I can't really understand

Oh wow. Sorry, I can't trust someones word that thinks the last update was December 13th.
  • Options
    Also, show your proof. Each video I looked at, doesn't trigger them separately.
  • Options
    ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    I’ll say that I’ve done this many times and seen the same as the OP, Heimdall being a 2nd cheat death after the indestructible phase from the champion synergy has expired. I have not used it recently to know if it’s any different now though.
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    If I understand correctly you’re saying Thing shouldn’t have died at the end of Seatin’s video against Ultron?

https://youtu.be/COGT1L060EE
  • Options
    ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    I’ve just tested 2 scenarios against WS:
    1. Thing+The Champion, Heimdall, Thor Rags.
    2. Thing+The Champion, Hela, Angela, Heimdall (all dead except Thing).

In both scenarios I found that The champion indestructible triggered when Thing would first die, then the Heimdall indestructible triggered the next time he would die. All working exactly as it ever did for me.
  • Options
    To confirm what Zeezoos said here is a video-
    https://youtu.be/Tf4hJIYuejo

I'll correct myself in saying that the instances are separate. Thing/Champion activates first and Heimdalls 2nd.
  • Options
    See post below, coincidently just made a day earlier (so should have been easily findable), which describes needed order when selecting team for the order of “keep alive's” to work (although that one does not go into just using Heimdall without Angela-Hela) ...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/179019/order-of-things-synergy-team-heimdall-hela-angela-champion#latest
  • Options

See post below, coincidently just made a day earlier (so should have been easily findable), which describes needed order when selecting team for the order of “keep alive's” to work (although that one does not go into just using Heimdall without Angela-Hela) ...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/179019/order-of-things-synergy-team-heimdall-hela-angela-champion#latest

@SummonerNR I tested it today. Order has no effect. You can see in the video i posted towards the end that Heimdall isn't in the last slot during team edit though he shows up in the last slot in quest. Heimdall's synergy still went 2nd as I then backed out and put Heimdall last and it still activated 2nd.
  • Options
    Well. This is extremely inconsistent.
  • Options
    So maybe Heimdal has to be BELOW Champion inside the quest ? And link above which has the Pic of Seatin's Guide (will copy down here just for quicker reference) for it just happens to be an example of Selecting Team that results in Heimdall being at end within quest.

And looking at the first video posted by Omnix within this thread, which is a Seatin LoL video, he doesn’t show the Selection but does have Champion at the end of list WITHIN quest, and it does show that both the 6 Sec Champion synergy as well as 20% Revive synergy occurs at same time. It never shows him dying a 2nd time until very last fight against Ultron, which because of Poison does cause him to die (but the Heimdal 2 second Synergy did NOT activate at very end, probably because his order was incorrect and the 2 seconds were always simultaneous with the 6 second near beginning of each fight). So his video was probably before he found a better Selection Order (before making his Selection Pic Guide).

While Demonz video shows 6 second synergy first, and separate from the subsequent 20% Revive synergy (and then the 2 second synergy ultimately at very end). Which I believe is what is the best desired method (obviously though not even wanting the final 2 second one to appear, but at least it’s one extra safety net to maybe be able to finish off opponent in those last 2 seconds).
  • Options
    Seatin's Selection Guide (see his # order, not the order of the pictured champs above that) ...

• Options
    Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    AO8mile said:

As you can see in the pic, Thing will not trigger his Indestructables from the Synergies (Heimdall, The Champion) Separately!
    It Triggers Both of them at the same time which is REALLY ANNOYING cause you don't have the Heimdall safety anymore,
    Before it was if it is a damage from an effect (Like Coldsnap, Poison, etc) or caused by an effect (Like a fury buff) it would trigger Heimdall indestructible first but if it was caused by a regular hit it would trigger The Champion Synergy but it has CHANGED since last night!

Its the order in which you add the champs to the team. Try to add heimdall last

Hope that helps
  • Options

So maybe Heimdal has to be BELOW Champion inside the quest ? And link above which has the Pic of Seatin's Guide (will copy down here just for quicker reference) for it just happens to be an example of Selecting Team that results in Heimdall being at end within quest.

And looking at the first video posted by Omnix within this thread, which is a Seatin LoL video, he doesn’t show the Selection but does have Champion at the end of list WITHIN quest, and it does show that both the 6 Sec Champion synergy as well as 20% Revive synergy occurs at same time. It never shows him dying a 2nd time until very last fight against Ultron, which because of Poison does cause him to die (but the Heimdal 2 second Synergy did NOT activate at very end, probably because his order was incorrect and the 2 seconds were always simultaneous with the 6 second near beginning of each fight). So his video was probably before he found a better Selection Order (before making his Selection Pic Guide).

While Demonz video shows 6 second synergy first, and separate from the subsequent 20% Revive synergy (and then the 2 second synergy ultimately at very end). Which I believe is what is the best desired method (obviously though not even wanting the final 2 second one to appear, but at least it’s one extra safety net to maybe be able to finish off opponent in those last 2 seconds).

I tried 4 variations of adding champs to the team. 3 out of 4 had zero bearing on the synergy. The 4th attempt I added in The Thing last and that's where the synergy changed. Upon doing so, all 3 synergies activated at the same time.

https://youtu.be/S3QnqZdBHB4

https://youtu.be/bS8iio5Hckc

I honestly never would have thought order mattered.

@SummonerNR @Onmix @AO8mile
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for putting in the work to figure it out @Demonzfyre

I had no idea order mattered. How bizarre.
  • Options
    AO8mileAO8mile Posts: 89
    @Demonzfyre Wow thank you very much never thought of that the order matters👍🏻