**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Comments deleted for no legitimate reason.

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
So I’ve noticed the mods have been deleting a lot of my comments over the years, mostly because they were inappropriate or maybe a touch over zealous, but lately it’s gotten pretty crazy. I mean just yesterday I commented that Mojo could have some of the best animations in game as there’s a lot more to work with than a man on a surfboard... Deleted. Before that I posted that Nova wasn’t really all that popular in the comics, along with a tongue in cheek joke about how faux comic book fans pretend to like obscure characters to prove their hipster status... Deleted. I also noticed that a lot of my old memes from the meme thread... Deleted.

I mean there’s a difference between censorship for just cause and censorship just because... I think some of the moderators are abusing their power to silence people by simply censoring the opinions they don’t like. In fact, I’m certain that this is the case; constructive criticism is commonly excommunicated from the forums, for little reason other than it hurts overly sensitive feelings. Same thing goes for a well written joke; if it, even in the slightest way, makes fun (happy time where people smile) of the developers or game, some moderator swoops in and spoils a good time. I mean if you can’t laugh at yourself what can you laugh at? Squirrels?

Anyway I just wanted to point that out. I’ve been here a couple years and it’s gotten pretty bad as of late. Hopefully the mods can take a step back and see that freeing speech is often a healthier action than suppressing it.

Comments

• SheDroveMeHereSheDroveMeHere Posts: 139 ★★

... I think some of the moderators are abusing their power to silence people by simply censoring the opinions they don’t like. In fact, I’m certain that this is the case...

Ding ding ding...this is the true answer right here. They eliminate what they can, and close threads that ask for clarity. It's really shameful.
  • Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
    They deleted my post about Namor and their really bad communication too.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I get my comments deleted all the time. The process is mostly suggestive. I just keep it pushing. Better to delete my comment than give me a warning. Most of the time I just re-write what I meant but try to make it as politically correct as possible to not derail the conversation.
This discussion has been closed.