**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

12.0!!

So I wasn't playing at the time that the dreadful 12.0 patch released and now I'm looking for answers. Anyone here have a link to the post or could just tell me what happened to the poor souls nerfed away? Thanks!

Comments

• Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    For example, 4* Thor could kill RoL Winter Soldier in like 10 hits with his armor breaks
    Black Widow would reduce 100% ability accuracy with her signature ability.
    Dr. Strange was completely different.
  • DjinAF thanks for that link. Now off the top of my head I can't recall, but was there anyone else in that update that got nerfed?
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

DjinAF thanks for that link. Now off the top of my head I can't recall, but was there anyone else in that update that got nerfed?

Thor, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Dr. Strange, was Starlord nerfed too? And Drax? I don’t remember
  • BrandonmballouBrandonmballou Posts: 219
    Let's not forget about the god tier perfect block team
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Thi101 said:

DjinAF thanks for that link. Now off the top of my head I can't recall, but was there anyone else in that update that got nerfed?

Thor, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Dr. Strange, was Starlord nerfed too? And Drax? I don’t remember
    Starlord was a victim of diminishing returns. Limited his ability to increase his attack to 400 hits.
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    Thi101 said:

Drax came later with the mordo nerf from his 2 hits. After that drax became useless, even though his head can proc bleeds. Still lost a lot of value
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Thi101 said:

Drax came later with the mordo nerf from his 2 hits. After that drax became useless, even though his head can proc bleeds. Still lost a lot of value
    Not a nerf.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    ^
    Drax was never intended to bypass Astral Evade, and they've been consistently upfront about it being an animation side-effect that didn't always work that way.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    The icing on the cake with 12.0 was the choose your class 4* awakening deal a week before they nerfed everyone into the ground. Classic 😂.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Thi101 said:

Starlord was a victim of diminishing returns. Limited his ability to increase his attack to 400 hits.
    Diminishing Returns doesn't affect attack or attack buffs. Star Lord was just capped to 400 explicitly.

Although everyone remembers SW, DS, Thor, and BW being explicitly changed in 12.0, technically everyone was changed somewhat by 12.0 because of the introduction of flat stats, the change to single ability rank (I think almost everyone has forgotten ability ranks these days), and the changes to under the hood mechanics like armor break (which not only affected champs like Thor in obvious ways, it also affected champs like Iron Fist in subtle ways).

It is hard to say who else got "nerfed" because there were a lot of changes both up and down in 12.0; some champions were increased a bit and some decreased a bit, but not enough (once it all settled down) to say they were nerfed. Ghost Rider's heal was reduced a bit, but no one really complains about that one. Cap's block went down a bit but his intrinsic perfect block chance went up a bit if I recall correctly, so that's a bit of a wash. Some champs actually got outright better, like I think X-23 ended up better after all the numbers shuffling.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    You can find info on the 12.0 update here, although the wording used isn't quite the same:

https://mbch.guide/en/articles/obnovlenie-vojny-starejshin/