**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Stupid question, but... (Compensation question)

RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
As the title says, this is a stupid question. But, who knows, maybe it could happen.

Since I used a mutant gem I got from an awakening gem crystal for Namor, will I get a re-spin if Kabam decides to compensate us for our awakening gems?
Honestly I just want a cosmic for my CMM, and the fact that I don't use Namor, and I likely will not keep using him, made me want to ask this question.

Will it happen, doubt it. Is there a possibility, though?

Comments

• PlinkoPlinko Posts: 173 ★★
    Sorry mate but it's doubtful. You're likely to get a 5* crystal which you will roll a magneto or groot with. Maybe some gold too if we are lucky.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    RU11011 said:

As the title says, this is a stupid question. But, who knows, maybe it could happen.

Since I used a mutant gem I got from an awakening gem crystal for Namor, will I get a re-spin if Kabam decides to compensate us for our awakening gems?
    Honestly I just want a cosmic for my CMM, and the fact that I don't use Namor, and I likely will not keep using him, made me want to ask this question.

Will it happen, doubt it. Is there a possibility, though?

You don't have any clue what the changes will be, IF ANY. I can't stress this enough, the changes will be very small tweaks to champs not complete changes to mechanics. Stop overreacting and wait for the announcement to come out.
  • Apollo107Apollo107 Posts: 104
    So annoyed I ranked him up now as a 4*, I could’ve used them resources on 5* domino
  • Mike_B said:

Demon you say small ones
    I Play the Game now for 5 years and nobody use anymore Thor or doctor Strange for example
    The Same will Happen to namor

I have him as my Only Good 6* r2

And Now kabam will make a compensation I mean for a small change Nobody Need a compensation !!! It Sounds like a Nerf in that way doc Strange got nerfed!!!

Wait they released the changes already?

Mike_B said:

Demon you say small ones
    I Play the Game now for 5 years and nobody use anymore Thor or doctor Strange for example

And Now kabam will make a compensation I mean for a small change Nobody Need a compensation !!! It Sounds like a Nerf in that way doc Strange got nerfed!!!

No they haven't.
  • Mike_B said:

Demon you say small ones

No they haven't.
    That's what I thought, thanks man
  • Mike_BMike_B Posts: 33
    I Hope that it will only be a small Change But because of the compensation i dont think so
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mike_B said:

I Hope that it will only be a small Change But because of the compensation i dont think so

Doesnt really mean anything. There will always be people like myself that expect at least the option to unrank a champ like Cull even if they cut his damage by a minuscule 5%. Small change or large change, they're still changing how a champ performs after people have already spent lots of time/money to get and rank them. If we're not given the option to change our minds after they change theirs, I'd be livid
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    I think you can’t even get downgrade tickets for Namor this time. Don’t talk about 5* AW...
    Mike_B said:

The compensation is because they are trying to get ahead of situations like She Hulk. Most likely the changes won't warrant compensation but they understand people wont be happy regardless.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    I’ve missed something I guess, where does it say that a form of compensation is coming?

I’ve missed something I guess, where does it say that a form of compensation is coming?

Here-
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1107148#Comment_1107148
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Here's the thing and I hope a mod sees this.
    Namor Sig Ability is super super good. Unlike She Hulks, which is just subpar, people actually used gems on Namor. I hope Kabam does something about that if they are "minorly balancing" his abilities

Here's the thing and I hope a mod sees this.
    Namor Sig Ability is super super good. Unlike She Hulks, which is just subpar, people actually used gems on Namor. I hope Kabam does something about that if they are "minorly balancing" his abilities

Here's the thing- Miike has stated already that they aren't touching sig abilities. Don't know why people keep saying it.
  • SheDroveMeHereSheDroveMeHere Posts: 139 ★★
    edited January 2020

Mike_B said:

The compensation is because they are trying to get ahead of situations like She Hulk. Most likely the changes won't warrant compensation but they understand people wont be happy regardless.
    That, I don't believe.

I think they realize they stepped in it with the initial announcement, and have been trying to save face ever since. They have repeatedly said they are "gathering information" to present to everyone so they can give data that explains why they are making the changes. One can infer from this that they know the changes will be unpopular, and are trying to handle the inevitable fallout. I really can't imagine a scenario where these will actually be minor or welcome changes, when looking at their past actions and activities.

Here-
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1107148#Comment_1107148
    Thanks, I didn’t see that topic. Have to wait and see I guess, tbh I’m still waiting on the Annihilus changes/buff/thingies, wonder when that’s going to happen 🤔

Here-
    Thanks, I didn’t see that topic. Have to wait and see I guess, tbh I’m still waiting on the Annihilus changes/buff/thingies, wonder when that’s going to happen 🤔
    They all happen at the same time.

Here-
    Oh I did not realize that 🤦‍♂️

Here-
    Oh I did not realize that 🤦‍♂️

They've decided to do all the changes at the same time since Annihilus and Human Torch never happened and they were the first announced. So now they are going to do it in a lump update.
This discussion has been closed.