**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Level up 2* 20 times

13»

Comments

• Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Wow you people whine about everything, you can only use 50% of the total acorns available, just skip this objective.

Granted it’s kabams fault that this was not properly explained in the beginning but come on let it go.

I made the post prior to the announcement that there are 2m acorns available - I also didn't look to see they give away a 2* Sabertooth. Both of those have done a lot to deflate how upset I was initially, but I still think it's not great.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    How come people have all 2 champs maxed out don't even have one maxed never invested in them
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

RogerRabs said:

You can probably ignore that special objective, 5000 acorns isn’t likely to make or break the store if you can no longer rank 2 stars.

Pretty sure you need every acorn to hit the 1m mark and get the 5 star AG
    There's about 2 million Acorns available this month.
    @Darkness275 you must have miike on ignore, jk prolly just missed it but this is the mountain you’re going on about >>>. (That tiny dot)
    @CoatHang3r it’s saying you tagged me? Was it an error? As I can’t see me mentioned
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

RoninMan said:

I just want to know how you have a Sig 200 2*......

Lmao - my bad, you know what I meant though. I'm not even saying my Sabertooth was maxed, just that some people do have it and now are being told they need to sell him to get him again and level him up all over?
    Man you’re a slow learner. So many people have told you you do not have to sell your champs. People are not being told they need to sell and acquire him and rank him again. There are 2M acorns available and 5,000 won’t move the needle. Seriously dude move on.
    It's the principal of it, I already sold him and already got the acorns. What you're not understanding is that it sets a bad precedent, particularly when Kabam has said many times not to sell characters... then they introduce this quest, which is only able to be completed by certain people if they sell a character.
    Kabam doesn't tell players to sell or not to sell. Selling is an option, and sometimes it is a useful option and sometimes it can hamper you in the future. And there is no precedent being set here, because this isn't the first time, or the second time, or the third time Kabam has created content that different players of different progress levels needed different ways to complete the content. It isn't even the first time an objective has been released that some players couldn't complete by normal means because they lacked the appropriate champs to level up. A prior objective required leveling up 3* champs, and there existed players who did not have any 3* champs of less than max rank at that time.

The game design principle here is that the game makes options available and players have to decide when and how and even if to use them. Making decisions like that is an important part of the game and arguably the most important part to long term success. If you decide to get hung up on some options or decide to make up your own rules about how those options should be used, you will hamper your own progress in the long run. But the game has no obligation to honor your decisions in that matter.

The dangerous precedent to set is to send the message to the players that whenever the game presents an objective to the players, they can expect the requirements of that objective to just fall from the sky automatically without them having to do anything special or different than normal. You end up with a very needy and incompetent playerbase you have to coddle.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

The dangerous precedent to set is to send the message to the players that whenever the game presents an objective to the players, they can expect the requirements of that objective to just fall from the sky automatically without them having to do anything special or different than normal. You end up with a very needy and incompetent playerbase you have to coddle.

That's a fair point.
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 146
    edited January 2020
    This kind of objective is absurd. No objective should be created that a person has to go BACKWARDS in their progress to achieve! The main problem no one has identified is that Kabam does NOT make new champs available in the basic 2-star crystal pool. Now that they are releasing quests that require 2-stars to fight, this unnatural rarity of 2-stars is even more of a problem. Why in the world should so many champs be harder to get as 2-stars than they are as 3s, 4s, etc.? If new champs became available every month as 2-stars then this mission would be doable for anybody with a little luck in their pulls. Also if you could at least get a new 2-star every month from the Marvel Insider. They are sometimes available there but the last couple months they have not offered them. Squirrel Girl is in this month's prize but it does not deliver until after this event ends.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Bigbowlr said:

Bigbowlr said:

@Kabam Miike it sounds like those who cant level up 2* are forced to sell them for the level up rewards? I know they are "different" games but why cant MCOC implement a feature that FTF has that checks players accounts at the start of the month to autocomplete these type of objectives? Theres so many QOL features that could be used in MCOC but arent.

The level up rewards are acorns. There are 2 million available. If you want to sell your 2*s to get those 5,000 acorns so you can get a few more items at the store that's all you, but no one is forcing you to do so. You should be just fine with the remaining 1,995,000 available acorns.
    im just saying Kabam has a way to remedy this exact situation in the rubble of Forged to fight, they have had it for about a year. Why not implement it so the people who have all their 2/3*s maxed out already are able to get those acorns. Even if they arent needed people should be penalized for ranking up champions. Selling your champs and not being able to run Variant 4 that's your fault, don't sell champs. Missing rewards because you ranked up everything shouldn't be a penalty
    In what way are you penalized? You can only use 1 million acorns. There is nothing to use the remaining acorns on. Once you hit a million you can stop trying to collect them. If you get all the acorns available, people with 2*s to level up or who sell ST will have 1,000,000 acorns they can't use. If you don't have 2*s to level or won't sell ST you will only have 995,000 acorns you can't use. Or you can just stop collecting acorns once you hit 1 million. There is nothing to see here.
  • ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★

How come people have all 2 champs maxed out don't even have one maxed never invested in them

Couple years of level up events and easy points for milestones. 2 stars are maxed
  • ZverceZverce Posts: 76

Is this impossible to get if you have maxed out all the available 2* champions in game?

I was thinking maybe unst collosus... Sell him, get him, lvl that boy up...
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★

RogerRabs said:

You can probably ignore that special objective, 5000 acorns isn’t likely to make or break the store if you can no longer rank 2 stars.

Kabam Miike - Does the remaining million acorns get converted to gold or anything else? Or is this high pool of acorns available just to allow ease of players to get the resources? Contemplating whether I want to grind out all 2 million or not.

Thanks!
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Woozie said:

RogerRabs said:

Kabam Miike - Does the remaining million acorns get converted to gold or anything else? Or is this high pool of acorns available just to allow ease of players to get the resources? Contemplating whether I want to grind out all 2 million or not.

Thanks!

Nope. There will some small things you can spend your Acorns on after the Event Ends, but they won't count towards the Solo Event, which is where the best Rewards are.

They also will not convert to Gold. Don't hold on to your Acorns.

• ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    Negritis said:

Is this impossible to get if you have maxed out all the available 2* champions in game?

i have 90 2* maxed, i may have to sell one or two of the "basic" ones -.-"
    Sell sabertooth. There is an option to get one by completing beginner.
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 613 ★★

RogerRabs said:

Is there any update on where the "other" acorns will come from? doing the objectives, EQ 100%. The baskets/calendar every day - as far as i can tell leaves a shortfall?
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★

RogerRabs said:

Is there any update on where the "other" acorns will come from? doing the objectives, EQ 100%. The baskets/calendar every day - as far as i can tell leaves a shortfall?
    there was Acorns as part of the arena milestone rewards for the Squirrel Girl arenas, not sure if they will be bringing them back again for the Nova one though
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    I got lucky and finished all the monthly objectives

• Is there any update on where the "other" acorns will come from? doing the objectives, EQ 100%. The baskets/calendar every day - as far as i can tell leaves a shortfall?

@Archdemon_ , Apparently you hadn’t seen the full chart that was all throughout the Forums earlier in the month. Here it is again for people looking to finish up there month. There are (or WERE, if you failed to do Squirrel Girl Arena last week) 2.0 mil potential Acorns from all sources. And for those that are Uncollected you need to spend 1.0 mil (which is everything in the Store for those UC) in order to get 5* Unawakening Gem from the “Acorn Spend” Solo Event.

• @Daddios_13 (RE, your recent post asking about Acorns), you can see here too all the ways to get them. And Acorn Calendars will still be giving Baskets for 2 more weeks, thru same time as the events to run Acornucopia and to spend the Acorns.
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 613 ★★
    @SummonerNR thank you! super helpful :)