**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unfair Advantage

Ok so I will keep this short and sweet. After watching some of the YouTuber/Content Creators it’s pretty clear they have a copy of the Abyss Map. I don’t know if Kabam gave this to them, or if it was acquired some other way, but in the interests of fairness “considering the time element of the legends run for it the map for this needs to be released. The original intention is that all players have to explore, to learn teams needed etc, but a certain select few have an unfair advantage that negates this

Comments

• MBoguszMBogusz Posts: 98 ★★
    Bosses yes, map no. And if you think me having to wait until they have completed it, watch all of their videos to see it, is them giving me an advantage then I think you’re mistaken. Giving the map to a handful of players means they are certain to finish first. Clear and unfair advantage
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    MBogusz said:

Bosses yes, map no. And if you think me having to wait until they have completed it, watch all of their videos to see it, is them giving me an advantage then I think you’re mistaken. Giving the map to a handful of players means they are certain to finish first. Clear and unfair advantage

Kabam didnt give them anything. Is that what you think? If anyone gave them a map, it would have been a dataminer. Otruix is already on record saying he won't give it out. Kabam certainly won't give it out either.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    MBogusz said:

OK, you’ve shouted “Shenanigans!” If a handful have an advantage on Day 1, I don’t think so, but even if they did, big whoop. What does that really change?
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    What’s the problem even IF? All streamed, you can see yourself to better prepare.
    edited January 2020

We didn't give the Map to anybody. In fact, more than a few Content Creators could tell you how upset they were with us not Unlocking the Map Camera Angle.

Fair enough, but it’s still pretty clear some of them have gotten hold of it. Go and watch the live streams and look at their team selection. Considering this map was released 90 minutes ago they seem to have magically guessed the correct champions to bring, or knew in advance. And I think it’s clear they didn’t guess.

A handful of players have acquired the map and an unfair advantage. Allowing them to keep the advantage doesn’t seem in the interests of fairness to me.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Do’s not meant ther Hav just luck with Choi’s
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    MBogusz said:

We didn't give the Map to anybody. In fact, more than a few Content Creators could tell you how upset they were with us not Unlocking the Map Camera Angle.

Fair enough, but it’s still pretty clear some of them have gotten hold of it. Go and watch the live streams and look at their team selection. Considering this map was released 90 minutes ago they seem to have magically guessed the correct champions to bring, or knew in advance. And I think it’s clear they didn’t guess.

A handful of players have acquired the map and an unfair advantage. Allowing them to keep the advantage doesn’t seem in the interests of fairness to me.
    Erm... no.

Their team setup just made sense to cover most grounds. I would have brought something similar.
    MBogusz said:

How could they take a data mined map away? Kabam can't control what's on someones phone. Do you not understand how data mining works?
    Ok. So if he “doesn’t know the map”, why would he bring the team he did knowing he could well run in to havok? The reason he doesn’t have a counter for Havok is because he knows he won’t fight him. And that is because he has a map. There’s no point arguing it. You can say he knew the potential fights. But there is no way to bring a team for every possibility unless you know who you’re fighting
    MBogusz said:

Ok. So if he “doesn’t know the map”, why would he bring the team he did knowing he could well run in to havok? The reason he doesn’t have a counter for Havok is because he knows he won’t fight him. And that is because he has a map. There’s no point arguing it. You can say he knew the potential fights. But there is no way to bring a team for every possibility unless you know who you’re fighting

Then he wil ikow he wil fun in to that Ironman IW
    I’m thinking it more like jalesuse then evernting els
    Lol it’s neither jealousy nor conspiracy theory. I’m not going for legends run of Abyss so it doesn’t affect me. However, I don’t like unfair advantages, and it seems clear to me a select few have an unfair advantage. I came here to try and argue for fairness for all players of the game and either got laughed at or derided. Clearly wasting my breath, but just remember this. When these guys finally hit the path with Havok, you can bet they’ll have a counter “luckily” on their team. Same for Deadpool and all the other fights that need a very specific counter. Maybe when you see that you’ll realise I wasn’t quite as wrong as everyone so quickly labelled me.
    What if ther hit a havok one this part
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    If only I had a map... I could already be done. Lol. A map, how to video and about a year I'll probably get there.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    MBogusz said:

I was going to say that the Abyss bosses have been datamined since forever, but I think it would be more pertinent to point out that if your theory is based on the premise that Seatin doesn't have a Havok counter, Quake is a Havok counter.

Quake doesn't have armor, but that's mostly irrelevant to Quake and Bake fighting. Quake won't be hitting Havok much, so Havok will only be building charges slowly. He will also be gaining power slowly so as long as you bait out his specials Havok will be converting the few charges he gets into prowess, further reducing his charges, and I think Quake's AAR will also reduce his charges a bit. Quake can beat Havok if played well.

Of course, I'm pretty sure Seatin stuck Quake there because of the skirmish charge mechanism, but Quake is a legitimate counter for Havok if you can play her well.

Also, I don't really play him as I don't have him at high tier, but isn't Doctor Doom a Havok counter as well? Doom has power steal, and doesn't power steal count as a drain for Havok's plasma charges?
    Just to confirm, Seatin doesn't have a map. He's said several times now he doesn't know how far he is and who's next.
    INTEGRAL said:

Need to work on your photoshop skills man. Your colors are a bit off. @INTEGRAL
    INTEGRAL said:

Fake as hell nice try

Totally photoshopped.