**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Couple of words about Sunspot

He is very hard to keep up with high damage
High damage is the only thing he has
Even duped and even maxed it is still to hard to controll him in real considitions
Still everybody thinks he is a god tier

If any guy needs a rebalance so sunspot is one of them...he is some kind of misunderstanding of own game mechanic

I know lot of guys will boo at me but it is still the case you cant run from

Comments

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I guess it depends on the level of damage you are looking for. But even without a huge amount of flare states his sp2 hits lik a truck. Also he is incinerate immune and his PB is very useful also if you can parry specials first hits and for stun immune nodes if you can re-parry effectively on the combo.

Also many champs that are good aren’t the best for war. Can’t use that as your only litmus test.
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    edited January 2020
    As the owner of a sig 190 5/65 Sunspot I will say he isnt great in war due to his reliance on parry BUT as said War is definately not be all end all in content. Act 6.3 he makes the health pools look pathetic, AQ map 7 he boss for certain lanes.
  • SheDroveMeHereSheDroveMeHere Posts: 139 ★★
    I disagree that he isn't great for war. There aren't that many stun immune nodes (at least where I am in tier 7), and he handles lots of other nodes well by just out damaging them. I've found my 6* works great on 'all-or-nothin' nodes because the fight is over before they can get to a Sp3 anyways.

Also he PLOWS through 5.3, even with the 50% damage reduction.
    Also for those who are mentioning stun immune you can work around this with sunspot with a stronger parry game. If you learn to parry multiple hits in a single combo(re-parrying throughout the combo) while baiting their heavies you reduce this damage to zero and also purify the debuffs due to the perfect block mechanic.

If you are someone who relies on heavy baiting in stun immune the ability to parry the hits of the combo while baiting is pretty useful as it entices them to throw heavy faster in my experience and with sunspot this is also done with taking next to no damage.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Timone147 said:

Also for those who are mentioning stun immune you can work around this with sunspot with a stronger parry game. If you learn to parry multiple hits in a single combo(re-parrying throughout the combo) while baiting their heavies you reduce this damage to zero and also purify the debuffs due to the perfect block mechanic.

i still have to learn how to use him, but is the re-parry thing necessary? reading his abilities it seems that as long as your first block is a parry all other combo/special hits will be perfect blocked (until the opponent runs out of incinerate debuffs), so you don't need to actually parry mid-combo. Or am i missing something?
    edited January 2020
    You are correct. I always thought that was just specials for the rest of the attack and missed it was for the rest of the combo as well
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

He is very hard to keep up with high damage
    High damage is the only thing he has
    Even duped and even maxed it is still to hard to controll him in real considitions
    Still everybody thinks he is a god tier

If any guy needs a rebalance so sunspot is one of them...he is some kind of misunderstanding of own game mechanic

I know lot of guys will boo at me but it is still the case you cant run from

Actually he's one of the easiest high damage champs to maintain that damage but you'll need him duped at high sig. Activating a SP3 will refresh solar charges. You need 3-4 flare states and toss a SP2 and you'll see some crazy numbers. Most normal fights after 2 flare states and a SP2, the fight is over.

Easiest yes...extremely time demanding also

"Dude you dont get" when sentence dtarts this way npvody reads whats written there tbh

Not extremely time demanding. What rotation are you using with him. You didn't really explain that yet.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Easiest yes...extremely time demanding also

"Dude you dont get" when sentence dtarts this way npvody reads whats written there tbh

Sounds like you just can’t think of a response back tbh
    Here's a suggested rotation-
    Parry/Heavy to start. Each hit from a heavy inflicts an incinerate debuff. The next time you parry, charge your heavy as you re-absorb those debuffs. Each time you absorb a incinerate debuff you gain power.

Once you reach SP1, launch it the next opportunity you have. Gain flare state. Repeat step 1 and 2 until you reach 2 flare states.

Gain power until SP2 and launch.

Now Gain an SP3 to reset solar charges.

Things to keep in mind-
    The more flare states you have, the more incinerate debuffs you inflict at a time. At 4 flare states, you are are inflicting 4 incinerates at a time.

If you run out of solar charges, you consume 1 flare state.

I recommend trying to stay around 3 flare states and launching SP2's and 3's.
    So many people don’t really prioritize war or even like it. I could be in a much higher tier alliance for war but kind of hate the game mode really. I do what I have to to get adequate shards and rewards. The champs though serve purposes across the whole game.

For you war is important so you want champs that are great across the board in war and efficient in war. For me I prefer champs that make questing efficient and can serve the purpose I need across the entirety of the game.

Your priorities are different in the game. Build the team for what you want to achieve in game.
  • LazuliLazuli Posts: 94
    edited January 2020
    I agree he’s not the number one champs for war, but that’s just not where he shines the most. He can still be used in war, but quests & aq are where he really shines. Against ROL winter soldier i can get to about 7 flare states, so if you know how to use him and practice then his cycle is very easy. In most fights, you won’t even need that many stacks. In regular fights it does become a little trickier depending on what nodes/who you’re fighting, but that’s the same with every champ. He makes you want to play a little more frantically to purify those incinerates but honestly my sunspot is unduped & 4/55 and in quests, EQ, side events, and AQ a single special to with only 2 flare states does enough damage to end most fights right there. His damage is his biggest asset, and you don’t NEED a whole bunch of flare state stacks to access that damage. 2 or 3 flare states and special 2 and most fights will be over. Meaning you can still use him in plenty of situations where parry is not available. His damage is so high that most fights will end before anything gets too crazy. His animations are also amazing, but i know that doesn’t hold much weight. All in all, sunspots damage and incineration immunity are enough for him to be god tier
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I run sunspot in aq (7x5) on incinerate paths and he destroys every fight in less than 30 hits.. beast of a champ for short fights
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited January 2020

If you disagree...show me one good war fight with sunspot against some crucial node or defender

He is not designed to rule in AW. It’s simple.
    Also Aegon is impossible to use effectively in AW, but he’s definitely helpful in quests and AQ.
    Same for Sunspot.

Restating the sentence:
    Corvus is one of the worst choiches to run the Labyrinth. So you define him trash?

Timone147 said:

You are correct. I always thought that was just specials for the rest of the attack and missed it was for the rest of the combo as well

What you were talking about is still a pretty handy move in my opinion. It's a great non-champ-specific counter to stuff like masochism, mighty charge, etc. On top of that it can help a lot against champs like havok or ebony my on aegis heavy.
    It also trivializes imiw as a defender even more than just using the heavy counter.

And it's also great against stun-immune opponents, depending on the champ you use of course. I always do that with champion or thing (mini) bosses in war using my cap iw.
    Ya like you said I use that technique in AW with my cap IW all the time on machocism IMIW and the other champs you described and stun immune and the right side of boss island and final boss as well.
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    edited January 2020
    Is he good in Abyss of legends?
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    Being good at Alliance Wars is not mandatory for every hero. His thing is he does the most damage in the game. That's not a bad thing to have.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★

If you disagree...show me one good war fight with sunspot against some crucial node or defender

There was this corvus r5 mini boss on counter tactic stun immune tier 1 aw. My friend used his r5 Sun spot. He intercepted and got him incinerated so all the corvus strikes were perfect blocks no block damage, did sp1 twice and finished off with sp2 with a big damage. Fight lasted about 90 seconds and within 50 to 55 hits.