**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cap Marvel Movie not gaining persistent charges vs War Machine SP1

Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
I first noticed this in Act 6.2.2, War Machine on the right side, first fight, not hard to get to or test. I also dueled War Machine and this is true in duels as well.

War Machine throws an sp1, I block it with CMM and she gains zero persistent charges. CMM reads "Cmm gains persistent charges by blocking physical attacks and when receiving energy damage." WM doesn't say whether his sp1 is physical or energy based but it's gotta be like 5 hits. CMM should be gaining persistent charges for every one of those blocks.

I then thought to myself, well maybe it's because it's a projectile. So I went and tested ROL WS and nope, CMM gains charges for blocking both his sp1 and sp2 projectile attack.

Unless there's something I'm missing, I think this is a bug. Am I missing something?

Comments

• NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Yeah its weird ive noticed aswell, but just dont bait sp1s of his anways
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    I'm not 100% certain, but isn't it only with parries and blocking against energy attacks (SymS, Dr Strange for ex) to gain charges?
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    I can agree with this summoners statement. My Captain Sparkles do not gain charges while blocking WAR MACHINE special one. I don't understand because she gain charges from other projectile based attacks (i.e. Blade S2, Warlock S1, Starky S2, Aegon S1, etc.)
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    I haven't been playing CMM for a while, but whenever I play against War Machine, she never gains charges from the SP1. I just assumed that she only gains charges from parrying the special.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I’ve experienced this as well
  • An Alliance mate brought this up awhile ago. I honestly forgot about it until now. Still happening? That's got to be rather irritating.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Before anything, I'll start by saying that I don't know exactly how she should work. But here's this:

"Captain Marvel gains Persistent Energy Charges by Blocking Physical Attacks and when Struck by Energy Attacks."

War Machine special 1 is a projectile that deals physical damage. By being a projectile, is not considered a physical attack. And since it deals physical damage then it's also not energy damage.

Now, I don't know for sure whether her ability should work on an attack that would deal physical damage, or on an attack that hits physically. But I'm positive it is the second option here, which then would mean that this is no bug
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Before anything, I'll start by saying that I don't know exactly how she should work. But here's this:

"Captain Marvel gains Persistent Energy Charges by Blocking Physical Attacks and when Struck by Energy Attacks."

War Machine special 1 is a projectile that deals physical damage. By being a projectile, is not considered a physical attack. And since it deals physical damage then it's also not energy damage.

Now, I don't know for sure whether her ability should work on an attack that would deal physical damage, or on an attack that hits physically. But I'm positive it is the second option here, which then would mean that this is no bug

except for the fact the she actually get charges from other projectiles: just tested her in ROL, and WS Sp1 gave her charges with gun shots ^_^

i also just tried to fight a yondu (that has projectiles in his basic hits) and cmm was able to get charges from all hits (lights and mediums), so i'm confident that there's something wrong here ^_^
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure she gets charges from Falcon SP1 and AV SP1
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

Why would a projectile not be a physical attack?

One is straight up the opposite of the other, in the terms and language used on this game
    So if Thor hits you with his hammer it's physical but if he throws it at you it isn't?
    Yes, that's how it is. You can even test that with his sp2, which is a projectile attack
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

One is straight up the opposite of the other, in the terms and language used on this game
    So if Thor hits you with his hammer it's physical but if he throws it at you it isn't?
    Yes, that's how it is. You can even test that with his sp2, which is a projectile attack
    I know it's a projectile if he throws it... I don't know how to test whether that makes it not a physical attack though. CMM seems to think a hammer thrown is just as much a physical attack despite being a projectile. I just dueled Blade and she gets charges from his SP1 and SP2, both of which are projectiles. So either she is bugged for every non energy projectile in the game except for WM, or it's a bug with WM. I'm guessing it's the latter.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

I think there are probably enough examples in this thread to prove you wrong. People have tested it, and other gun attacks (Falcon, Winter Soldier, Agent Venom, Punisher 2099) all grant her charges when blocked.

This would suggest that the category of Physical/Energy damage is separate from the categorisation of Contact/Non-contact/Projectile.
  • Hey there, we've passed this on to the rest of the team to ask about. Do you happen to have any video of what you're seeing?