**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Units

TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,214 ★★★★
Why are they so scarce in the quests, and few in quantity in the milestone rewards???

Comments

• SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    Arenas, Arenas, Arenas. Best source of Units dude...you get them in the milestones and then use the battlechips to buy Arena Crystals that have Units in them as well.
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123
    Arena. You can get 50-60 each (average) day with 3/4 stars arena teams.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,214 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    I know of the other places to get them. But it would be nice if the developers increase the amount of units rewarded in the quests. Especially since units are the currency required to purchase energy, which is something players burn through constantly because of the developers have the energy usage rate set high, but restoration time is ridiculously slow. They give the same old 5, 10, 15 units. I thought the game would be better than this.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    75%+ of units I farm come from arenas. They're the best source of unit and gold in the game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★

I know of the other places to get them. But it would be nice if the developers increase the amount of units rewarded in the quests. Especially since units are the currency required to purchase energy, which is something players burn through constantly because of the developers have the energy usage rate set high, but restoration time is ridiculously slow. They give the same old 5, 10, 15 units. I thought the game would be better than this.

Why would a in game currency be abundant enough where its easily attainable? While its Free to Play they still want you to buy units. Its how the game continues to run.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 531 ★★★
    I also 100% every EQ difficulty each month. That’s 600 units a month. And then from arena milestones I can easily get 1k a month. They give you 100 in the calendar, and then arena crystals on top of that. So 2k units a month for FTP. That’s a pretty good amount to me.
    And if you want to pay, the daily card gives you 735 for $5.
    I forgot about the solo event too. I can usually hit 4/7 for the 25 unit milestones. That’s another 400 units a month.

Why would a in game currency be abundant enough where its easily attainable? While its Free to Play they still want you to buy units. Its how the game continues to run.
    It doesn't have to be "easily attainable"...just increased in quantity. There's no excuse to be awarding 5 -10 units after a player has fought hard and forever to reach thousands of milestone points. Those don't even cover a level 2 potion. At least award 25 units per milestone. As the game and difficulty progresses, so should the amount of units rewarded. It's not going to kill them. You have to spend a lot of units on potions and energy just to stay alive. And then there's the random Summoner package that offers amazing rewards for 800-1000 units, but has to be purchased within 30 minutes. WTH?? If you've noticed the recent offer of 10 ISO for each class, 10 ISO-5, 100K Gold, The Rat Card, and some catalysts, then you know they're attempting to improve our game play experience because it matters. I know the bottom line is about the game making money. But there are ways to continue to improve the game without it grossly impacting their pockets.
    Matty_Ice said:

I also 100% every EQ difficulty each month. That’s 600 units a month. And then from arena milestones I can easily get 1k a month. They give you 100 in the calendar, and then arena crystals on top of that. So 2k units a month for FTP. That’s a pretty good amount to me.

I'm just getting enough champions to fight through the arenas without having to wait hours to recharge. The arena crystals (1 on 1) have only given ISO (75), and small energy refill. I've tried stacking up on those units but man...the champions burn energy so fast during the quests, that I have to keep using the units to buy more energy.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Matty_Ice said:

I'm just getting enough champions to fight through the arenas without having to wait hours to recharge. The arena crystals (1 on 1) have only given ISO (75), and small energy refill. I've tried stacking up on those units but man...the champions burn energy so fast during the quests, that I have to keep using the units to buy more energy.
    I'm FTP and I rarely buy energy. If you are in an alliance you get energy refills pretty frequently, but ultimately I just wait for the energy to refresh.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★

Mid to higher tier players Don't even have to worry about energy cause refills are often expiring in the stash. I know energy is a problem in lower levels of the game, but Just don't waste units on refills. Use them on masteries or just hoard em up, but just don't buy refills.