**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

general thread to comment on rebalances [Merged Threads]

Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
edited February 2020 in General Discussion
Not sure if i'm blind or not but didn't see a link to comment just the individual champ rebalances. Was wondering if there was 1 combined for discussion purposes.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Where to find them?
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Overall, I think a lot of the changes are welcome. Though I wouldnt have minded some sort of boost or benefit to IW, even if it was a synergy buff.

My thoughts on the rest will be better determined when I get a chance to play the champs with the changes. Overall I do like all the data points provided, especially the graphs and information to show a comparison in different areas and scenarios. I think it goes to show I haven't been using Namor properly!!! lol But in all seriousness, it's good to see where champs compare in different areas, and the datapoints have been obviously carefully monitored and put out there with full transparency. I can appreciate and respect that.

I think my only pre-testing complaint is lowering Namor's regen. In most fights running suicides the 6% doesnt normally even cover the 5% you lose from recoil, unless you are borderline near death yourself.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    A good way to handle rebalance going forward is quite simple. There are no champs who can not be changed later which is fine but let's say if a new champ comes out and people rank them up for prestige, damage, utility or whatever after the evaluation period if changes are made people can have the option to rank them down and get resources used kinda like we are now.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I dont think I would be using annihilius outside AW defence even with this buff and have no idea how maw works so cant really comment on that. Cull will stay in the same spot for me(not worth the ramp up) and human torch gets a great buff. Dont really care much about namor since I dont have him but I dont see many selling him if he was already at rank 5
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I don't understand why some champs warrant getting rank down materials and others don't. If we spent crystals and resources on these champs we should get the same option. As Cull/Namor are receiving. Is the difference enough ppl just haven't complained? That may be because ppl we're mad about all the champs but only focussed on the top two. It just doesn't seem right I can't get resources back for Maw or Invisible Woman because ppl didn't complain enough. Just using those two as examples.
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 345 ★★★
    Following the info released what are you guys all doing with your namors?

I think HT changes are good. Just needs that sig ability buff.

Inv woman needed a buff for sure.

Annihilus still won’t be touched. He needs another look

Cull. I never used him anyway but I think that block prof will always be a pain.

Ebony I would like to play as can imagine what it will do for him at this stage
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Neotwism said:

I don't understand why some champs warrant getting rank down materials and others don't. If we spent crystals and resources on these champs we should get the same option. As Cull/Namor are receiving. Is the difference enough ppl just haven't complained? That may be because ppl we're mad about all the champs but only focussed on the top two. It just doesn't seem right I can't get resources back for Maw or Invisible Woman because ppl didn't complain enough. Just using those two as examples.

Maw is being improved and invisible woman is not being changed, why would they give out resources back for improving champs?
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Also won't nerfing some of the "OP" champs while leaving the others only increase the reliance people have on the unchanged "OP" champs?
  • Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461
    I was just gonna ask, cause I'm a bit confused. A) cna you can only sell Cull if he's awakened? And B) if you sell them what do you get back?
  • Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461
    B )*
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

Cull. I never used him anyway but I think that block prof will always be a pain.

My Namor is going to 5/65. That rebalancing is fine in my book. Others might disagree, but I understand what they did and why they did it. It's not gonna crush the character
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    ESF said:

My Namor is going to 5/65. That rebalancing is fine in my book. Others might disagree, but I understand what they did and why they did it. It's not gonna crush the character
    Gonna +1 this.

My Namor has been 5/65 sig200 for a month or so now, and since then has gotten me through a good chunk of content with significantly fewer units spent (namely several paths in 6.1-6.2 and a unitless V2 exploration). In my eyes, he’s accomplished the purpose for which I ranked him, and I’d made my peace with the fact that he’d be tuned down.

But it looks like his rebalancing is fairer than I’d expected. I’m not too fussed about the regen decrease, as my main source of regen for Namor came from max WP + suicides while attacking. His increased ramp up time is something I’ll have to see for myself once the update goes live, but on paper it doesn’t seem too drastic a change at all. Pleasantly surprised.
  • OliverbambinoOliverbambino Posts: 25
    @Kabam Miike if we sell a star champion will we get the shards back?
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I'm still not gonna play ebony BC his playstyle kinda sucks, Namor seems OKish but his regen wasn't that great in the first place, On cull, I would have loved some block proficiency but seems ok i guess
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    Will We be getting rank up materials back or rank up gems back if we use the 4-5 gem to rank cull?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Dont think the annihilus change will make much difference. His reasoning for not being a better attack damage dealer was length of stifles not length of fury. You cant play aggressively enough outside RoL to keep a large amount of stifles up to convert with the sp2. A stifle duration increase would have been far more beneficial.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    So who do you get back when we SELL Cull back to Kabam?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

So who do you get back when we SELL Cull back to Kabam?

Whatever you put into him.