**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Event Quest: Have You Seen This Dog?

edited August 2017 in General Discussion
WHO’S A GOOD BOY?

Summoners! We have a serious issue on our hands. The Inhuman royal dog Lockjaw has been stolen and replaced with a ransom note and some serious threats! While some have been known to cause mischief in the contest, it takes someone with criminally ill intent to commit a crime so cruel. The Inhumans need your help in tracking down both the lovable Lockjaw and whoever is responsible for this.

LUSCIOUS LOCKS AND NOT SO MUCH

Two new champions have joined The Contest. Her Majesty, Medusa, makes an entrance to help guide the Royal Family in these trying times. Welding 3 swords, Medusa can break even the toughest armor and can cause opponents armor to shatter. Aside from that, She can stack bleeds on the opponent and block incoming attacks with her hair. Large and in charge, Kingpin has come to the contest seeking its full potential. Kingpin can be a calm and collected crime lord, but his ability to control his anger and unleash it onto his opponents is what got him to where he is today. Kingpin has the ability acquire rage from debuffs and benefits from increased damage and power the angrier he gets.

--
Q&A

How long does this quest run for?

This quest will be starting on the 30th of August at ~10:00AM PDT and will run until September 27th at 10:00AM PDT. Those attempting Legends runs will have until September 13th at 10am PDT to 100% explore both Heroic and Master difficulties.

You must update to the new 15.0 Release to be able to see and participate in this quest.

How do I get the Legends title associated with Master Difficulty?

The Legends title and rewards will be given to the 100 players who 100% explore HEROIC AND MASTER difficulties in “Have You Seen This Dog?” the fastest. Just like recent Event Quests, this quest will take advantage of the Time Attack system we’ve put in place for our Monthly Quest Legends Program. This means that the players that completely explore Heroic and Master difficulty the fastest within the first 2 weeks of the event being live will win the title. More information on that can be found here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/27/time-attack-legends-program
In addition to this distinction, these first 100 will receive the following rewards:

#1-5 - 3x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
#6-100 - 1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crysta

Rewards

For completing and mastering all of the Beginner quests, you earn:

4000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
150x Units
900x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
2x Generic Tier 1 Catalyst
2x Generic Tier 2 Catalyst
15x Tier 3 Generic ISO
18x Tier 2 Class ISO (3/each class)
1x Slobberchops Title

For completing and mastering all of the Normal quests, you earn:

1x 3-Star Quake
5000x Premium Crystal Shards (2.5x Crystals)
2000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (1x Crystal)
150x Units
2700x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
1x Alpha Catalyst
3x Tier 2 Generic Catalyst
5x Tier 3 Generic ISO
7x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 2 Class ISO (5/each class)
1x Slobberchops Title

For completing and mastering all of the Heroic quests, you earn:

4000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
800x 4-Star Crystal Shards (40% of a Crystal)
1000x 5-Star Crystal Shards (10% of a Crystal)
150x Units
18000x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments (50% of a Catalyst)
1x Alpha Catalyst
2x Tier 3 Generic Catalyst
12x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 3 Class ISO (5/each class)
1x Slobberchops Title

For completing and mastering all of the Master quests, you earn:

3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
6000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (3x Crystals)
2000x 4-Star Crystal Shards (100% of a Crystal)
1500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (15% of a Crystal)
150x Units
3x Alpha Catalyst
1x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst
3600x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments (10% of a Catalyst)
25x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal
10x 4-Star Signature Stone Crystals
5x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
1x Inhomo Supremis Title

Comments

• D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Slobberchops!! I love that title. Fun stuff!
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    digging the title names this month
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Fail.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Nice increase of t2alpha catalyst availability... hey wait a minute
  • Gamer wrote: »
    Hav hop for. More fremenat to toer2 aplha. In this event. Cant se u guys make it more avabel. Only to ise unit.

We do plan on making Tier 2 Alpha Fragments more available as we move forward, but are starting with areas like the Glory Store. Stay tuned for more ways in the future!
  • TibzanTibzan Posts: 26
    Any plans to introduce a bonus quest like Stark Assignments or Rockets Workshop, or even a challenge like the Bautista, or Web Slinger? Event quest's are fun but without the twist it usually means half a month of not much else :(
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I'm happy to see the rewards weren't decreased again but I guess after the 6* announcement I'm left wondering when the whole "t2a will become more available" will be happening. I honestly figured we would see a substantial t2a shard increase this quest

It will be happening soon™
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    I'm guessing 5.3 is incoming then, because this is another lame event with no extra side action and no progression

That's all I'm waiting for right now, but my guess would be october, and that's when we'll be seeing 6*s. All speculation though until a concrete announcement gets made (but it's been several months now since 5.2, so should be soon).
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Can we expect to see 6* AI in Master?

Dr. Zola
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    edited August 2017
    DrZola wrote: »
    Can we expect to see 6* AI in Master?

Dr. Zola

6* will be october Event Quest which i believe will include mystic heroes
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Isnt kingpin just a fat bad villain hiring fool? Where does he get these hulk like abilities?
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Isnt kingpin just a fat bad villain hiring fool? Where does he get these hulk like abilities?

So NOW we are going to start questioning why some characters are strong? Lol, this ship sailed long ago. He seems cool and potentially useable, that's enough for me.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Where is the energy deal?
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Would be awesome if Medusa induced instant stun at the beginning of the fight!
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Shame there is no rift using lock jaws teleport abilities. With war down for a week this is a missed opportunity to give people a chance to earn lost rewards
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Where is the energy deal?

Should be made available after maintenance.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Who flagged my comment and why
  • Medusa has swords? Since when?
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Kingpin is not fat. He is 'Peak' human strength. He is the Alpha human.

KingPin is what peak physical fitness looks like. You may not like it, it this is what peak performance looks like.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    edited August 2017
    So, any side quests running during this month?

Looking for some new events to participate in besides the monthly. Was starting to think they were just a regular thing, but none this last month of August (guessing because act 4 energy was reduced and you were giving people time to finish it).

Crossing fingers.
  • Me4onMe4on Posts: 1
    What does it mean to be live for the time attack legends run?