Namor Rebalance Information

Comments

• WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 642 ★★★

I can see how with suicides his regen was pretty much op. It really reminded me of the health engines people used to build with will power and suicides before will power was changed. However 6% per special when your not running and awakened namor with suicides was not very much at all. I ran my 6* at rank 1 in aq and he was not as sustainable as say my awakened blade. I can’t see 3% being very viable at all for players who don’t want to use suicides.

It was/is 6% of missing health. So if you're at 80% Namor doesn't regen much at all. I need to go back and re-read Kabams data on his regen, something has to be off there. The only time I ever noticed it was when I was at low health, and it still wasn't what I'd call OP. Venom has much better regen if the opponent has buffs to eat. I'm tempted to sell him but I definitely want to play the changes first. Cull is definitely getting sold.
  • IndridColdIndridCold Posts: 36
    What about AG gems purchased on Black Friday for 15K units ($500). It was essentially generic since you could pick any class, but I’m pretty sure I had to pick the class. Will I get a generic or was my $500 purchase just waisted?

a
  • aleksdayumaleksdayum Posts: 7
    The nerf to regen seems very harsh, too much in my opinion. Now you only get 3% up to missing health. so if your at high health your only getting like 1-2% regen and then you take 5% for recoil damage
  • ShalzzShalzz Posts: 7

IF YOU HAVE NOT, READ THIS POST FIRST.

Summary:

Namor is a Champion with powerful Utility from his Signature Ability, high Sustainability from his on special activation regen, and high damage potential from his Special 3 Fury effects. When comparing Namors damage output and sustainability with all champions in the game he is among the best in both categories.

Conclusions:

• Namor's Signature Ability provides some of the most potent utility in the game, allowing him to ignore all incoming damage and reflect it back to his Opponent.
    • His Damage Potential is amongst the highest DPS in the game
    • His regeneration is amongst the highest Regen Champions in the game as well.
    • Currently has one of the shortest Average Fight times
    • When comparing Namor to Champions like Quake or Ghost, they have a much higher skill threshold required to be as powerful as they are, while Namor's Imperius Rex is almost inevitable in a Fight.

Objective of Changes:

• We will be aiming to slow down the rate in which he activates Imperious Rex.
    • We will be lowering his Regeneration. The intention with the Regen was to allow him to fight back against Recoil and Suicide Masteries but it's potent enough that he gains more health than he loses.
    • We will not be touching Namor's Signature Ability. That is a key part of why Namor was sought after by our players and a unique point for the Champion.
    • In Fights where his Opponent is Bleed Immune Namor should be just as potent as before.

Data:

Damage per second (DPS) in longer fights:
    This graph compares the DPS for every Champion in the game across all game modes.
    Namor is the blue cross.

In Realm of Legends, Namor can reach his maximum damage potential before killing his Opponent and you can see it is far beyond any other champion in the game.

Damage per second (DPS) in Shorter fights:
    This is the same graph with Realm of Legends removed.
    • Namor comes in around the middle of the DPS charts when compared to all Champions in the game.
    • One reason why Namors DPS appears so much lower in shorter fights is due to the amount of overkill once he enters Imperius Rex. Usually the fight ends soon after he activates Imperious Rex, and we don't see the full potential of his damage output.
    • The balance changes should increase his DPS in shorter fights.

Regen Per Second (RPS):
    • This is the same graph as above comparing regen per second across all game modes.
    • Namor is represented as the blue cross.
    • He is among the top regen champions in the game which is far beyond the target for a Champion with damage and utility like his.

Alliance War Expert - Damage Per Second (DPS)
    Namor is the highlighted square
    • This graph displays Namors DPS in AvA Expert. It is split into the top 10, 30, 50, 70, and 90% of players and displays their average DPS
    • On the far left you can see that when played at a high level Namors DPS is amongst the highest of DPS champions

Changes:

• Medium attacks Chance to inflict Bleed increased from 30% to 60%
    • Regeneration on Special Activate decreased from 6% of missing health to 3% of missing health.
    Namor will still be able to do just as much damage as before, but will be slower getting to it.
    Please dnt take away the regeneration. His regeneration is not the best one in the game. That regeneration helps very little bit to recover when you make a mistake in a fight. I would suggest to give a boost up for his regeneration. That change going to happen in Imperious Rex alone make this championship little annoying. Atleast please give something more useful buff too alone with this change.
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 2,307 ★★★★★
    So here's my takeaway from all this. Firstly it's not as bad as expected which is a relief. It almost seems like they wanted to lower his effectiveness but wanted to do so in whatever way would cause the least backlash, this is a champ that all the big spenders have 5/65 200 and cutting him down in any significant way would just be bad for business. The regen change doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a practical usage point of view. His regen is far, far away from one of the best in the game. Unless he's well below 50% health it's really not even noticeable as is, so halved it's basically nonexistent.

The change to slow down imperious rex activation comes across as a way to prevent the player from timing the initial sp3 with the activation without having to hold at max power for an extended time. As he currently is when I hit max power I usually have to throw a handful of MM combos to bring the outrage to 28/29 before using the sp3, with more bleeds and less outrage from the medium attacks I expect it won't be worth holding the sp3 to get the double fury, instead just using it when he gets to three bars and having the increased damage longer rather than going low damage straight to insane damage.

That's my take on it, at least until the changes drop and we can play around with them ourselves. I'm not a fan of the Namor change as I don't see them being necessary in the first place, especially the regen part of it. On the flipside though taking the rebalancing as a whole I'll take the knock off Namor for the boost to Torch.

Namor was one of 4 champions I have at Rank 5. Spent $250 USD on the Cyber Monday unit deals to buy the cache deals for the rank up materials to take him to R5 and dump sig stones into him. These changes really hurt his character and even if I am given back these rewards I have no champions currently in my roster worthy of taking to Rank 5 so that ISO I get back will go to my overflow to expire. Even more importantly I have like 0 faith that any time, units, or US dollars spent on this game getting some of these new champions will be worth it because the looming threat of a nerf will be hanging over any good champion. Really giving strong consideration to just letting my sigil expire and stepping away from the game completely. Perhaps even selling my account to recoup some of the money I was tricked into spending. So disappointed, this game was fun to play, why Kabam must you **** with people's money?!

Thing is these changes don't really hurt the character in any significant way, fortunately. Yea they are a change in the wrong direction, but it's equivalent to taking him from a 95 rating down to a 90, which is a better result than I was expecting. I've been highly critical of the down tuning aspect of this whole rebalancing, and still am in the sense that I don't find it at all necessary. What part of the change to Namor do you think ruins him?
  • Dartz_MagicianDartz_Magician Posts: 37
    edited January 24

Changes:

• Regeneration on Special Activate decreased from 6% of missing health to 3% of missing health.
    Namor will still be able to do just as much damage as before, but will be slower getting to it.

So Namor’s light attacks Chance to inflict Bleed still at 30%, is it right @Kabam Miike ?

Changes:

So Namor’s light attacks Chance to inflict Bleed still at 30%, is it right @Kabam Miike ?

Namor doesn't cause bleed on his light attacks, only medium. So his outrage gain and with it imperious rex trigger will be slowed by a good amount.
  • Dartz_MagicianDartz_Magician Posts: 37
    edited January 24
    zeezee57 said:

Changes:

Namor doesn't cause bleed on his light attacks, only medium. So his outrage gain and with it imperious rex trigger will be slowed by a good amount.

Thanks for your feedback! Then i should reconsider whether to sell him or not... At 30% chances, he fails to apply bleed 7x from 10 medium attacks... now with 60%... i think he can only trigger his outrage charge 3x from 10 medium attacks. They should take it up to 40% like blade’s ability accuracy 😡
  • DaggaboomDaggaboom Posts: 7

So I used a gem on him and have since pulled him a few times. If I sell will I get the gem back and a duped Namor?

Yes, up to Sig 99/200. Any Dupes past Max Sig will not be returned.
    How did you arrive at the 99/200 limit? You are rewarding those that did not buy your sig stone deals and punishing those that wanted the best benefit from their champ. I too used a gem and maxed mine only to pull him a weak later. The regen nerf is is just plain silly and I’ll thought out and you’ve not even attempted to justify sig 99/200.
    This is your mess so fix it adequately. You can take my max sig crystal back and return my dupe on Namor or return my 5* crystal.

• mrTequilasmrTequilas Posts: 17
    Kabam he is not a regen champ, if you cut it in half it won't be any reason to be there in the first place, i can read graphs all day but i have actual experience in the game as many more, and everyone says that his regen is pretty meh, why would you ever look at his regen in the first place??
  • norgonorgo Posts: 3
    RogerRabs said:

Nabz034 said:

Jungle92 said:

So I used a gem on him and have since pulled him a few times. If I sell will I get the gem back and a duped Namor?

Yes, up to Sig 99/200. Any Dupes past Max Sig will not be returned.
    Hi Miike, thankss for taking your time and answering us.
    Can you please explain better: i have a max sig r5 5* Namor which a used a gem on.
    I duped him from a crystal AFTER taking him to sig200. Does this mean i will get a not duped copy of it? Or you just meant to say that we can have back a duped namor with maximum 99/200 sig no matter if we duped him from crystals 6 o more times.
    If you got Namor, used an awakening Gem, then took him to Sig 200 with ONLY signature stones, THEN got a Dupe of him (getting a max signature crystal), you'll get your Namor back, your awakening gem, 199 Sig stones, but no additional Dupes.

How about those of us who spent units getting these champs? Will the money/units be returned to us as well?
    No. You're getting the champion back and that's what you spent units on. You're getting back what you paid for and this isn't even a drastic change. In some areas he's legitimately better.

Dude... they're giving back the champions and all items used to rank them up. in many cases this will include awakening gems AND you still get back an awoken character.

That alone is pretty huge and generous.
    Generous? That's the bare minimum they should do when nerfing a champ.
    No, I did not spend $1500 for this nerfed Namor
    I may have misunderstood @Kabam Miike
    Is the 99/200 limit regarding if we took Namor above that level and that’s the cutoff or are you saying that 5 Namor pulls after max sig was reached is the cutoff?
  • I haven't seen an answer to the following question yet (or somewhere I missed it).
    As far as awakening gems and signature stones, if I used a generic awakening gem do I get a generic back or do I get a mutant awakening gem back? Same with signature stones.
    Thanks

I haven't seen an answer to the following question yet (or somewhere I missed it).
    As far as awakening gems and signature stones, if I used a generic awakening gem do I get a generic back or do I get a mutant awakening gem back? Same with signature stones.
    Thanks

That has been answered and the answer is you get back what you put in
  • The doubt I have right now since I´m seriously considering selling him is were all the sig stones, t2a, t4c etc will go? Will they be treated separatelly and not be considered for the inventory limitation or will they go to the stash and eventually expire if you don´t have other champ worth of the investment?
    I´m not a crazy spender but I did spent for this guy and is very dissapointing and discouraging for future spendigs way to go guys
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 104
    Guys, at the very least we get all items back and as a bonus it converts rank up gems into items and awakening gems used in error (per natural dupe) are given back to us. Awesome take away from this. Also free level up points as we can just level up the champs again worst case and get more items from the milestones.

Cull reduced to arena fodder but no one else needs to be complained about.

For those that whaled out you should have all learnt your lesson from the 12.0 fiasco when champs had their legs cut out from under them. Any champ carries a risk, the way in which you came across that champ is irrelevant.

No champ is safe so get your Dooms, Sunspots, Warlocks and whoever else pops up on their graphs as misbehaving as they are all going the re-balancing spa in 6 months time.
  • Enigma50Enigma50 Posts: 53
    Hi,
    I have a question.
    Reading the changes, I've decided to sell Namor. I've used an awakening gem on him and 199 sig stones.
    However, I have duped him a week later and got a max sig ability crystal.
    My question is... would I get a duped 1/25 Namor after selling him or not?
    Because technically I pulled him twice from a crystal.
    Sorry if this question has been asked and answered.

So much for all that
  • Ya_Boi_28Ya_Boi_28 Posts: 616 ★★
    This is why I don't go for new champs. I pulled Namor from a 4 star crystal and awakened him from the basic arena. That's it. No point in buying crystals or grinding arena or using gems/stones on a champ that will get absolutely destroyed based on what they do against ROL winter soldier.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 381 ★★★
    I'd like to see where/how you gathered the data that claims Namor is one of the most effective regeners in the game
  • xRoosterxxRoosterx Posts: 19
    anyone please advise - is namor still great without suicides? seems like he was designed for them, at least his sig ability.. i have awakening gem and rank up gem i could use on him, pulled recently and not sure what to do pending these changes along with not running suicides
  • HeirulHeirul Posts: 1
    Is the gold need to be use when level up /rank up Namor during rebalance duration?