**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cull will become pure garbage

Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
Plain and simple. Cull is a high risk- high reward character.

The high risk is his pathetically low block prof.

High reward is the ability to gain ridiculous damage if you are skilled enough to parry and gain armor breaks. Time your attack with Rout and you get your hard earned reward.

Unfortunately, Cull will now become a high risk- medium reward after the "rebalance".

I dont see the point of keeping him. I'm pretty disappointed Kabam. I will definitely be selling my Cull.

He sucks on defense and will become mediocre on offense.

I appreciate the graphs that explain the changes, instead of just secretly nerfing characters.

However, I will be glad to take back the catalysts, signature stones and awakening gem to use it on a more stable character with my investment.

Comments

• NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    I'm confused about the refund though. If I pulled Cull 5 times and is at sig 80, what will I get as the refund?? Shards?

"*If you received a Champion multiple times from Crystals/Arena, the Champion will be returned awakened, and with the appropriate number of Signature Levels."

I don't quite understand. I sell the champ but then get him back minus sig levels? Do I then need to sell him again?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I'm confused about the refund though. If I pulled Cull 5 times and is at sig 80, what will I get as the refund?? Shards?

If you pulled Cull 5 times and is now at sig 80, you'll get back a Cull at rank 1/1 and still sig 80. You'll get back all the gold, cats, and ISO you used to rank him up.

If you used either an awakening gem or added sig stones into him above and beyond the sig 80 he would have been after five pulls, you'll get those back as well.
  • Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    ...let me elaborate a little bit further.

He will be no better than Hela. IN FACT, she'll be better than him!

At least, she can block. Once duped she has indestructible. After they both ramp up, both her and Cull will produce the same amount of damage.

Guaranteed.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    6* Rank 1

6* Rank 1

(^THIS IS DAREDEVIL CLASSIC)

• NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I've just pulled him, as a 6*, a couple ogf weeks ago. I'm keeping an eye on the testing.

What I understand is, he will be more efficient at downing a champ early.
    They've decreased the armor rating minus from -1400 to -1130.77, but, increased the duration of it by 4 sec.
    Also, chances are up to 75%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, it will give you more chances to stack up armor break and dealing more damage.

I'll wait to test him before calling him a garbage champ.

Bottom line is, I'd rather play him than KK, even ''rebalanced''
  • j_money1j_money1 Posts: 27

I've just pulled him, as a 6*, a couple ogf weeks ago. I'm keeping an eye on the testing.

What I understand is, he will be more efficient at downing a champ early.
    They've decreased the armor rating minus from -1400 to -1130.77, but, increased the duration of it by 4 sec.
    Also, chances are up to 75%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, it will give you more chances to stack up armor break and dealing more damage.

I'll wait to test him before calling him a garbage champ.

Bottom line is, I'd rather play him than KK, even ''rebalanced''

At the low end you have higher chance to stack armor break and therefore do more dmg. However, once you hit 10 charges you will have a lower chance to proc armor break and they will last shorter than he currently works right now
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I’ve got him at r4 and in hard content I just assume i will use a few health pots on him in the first couple of fights. I don’t see these changes as that drastic. Cull is not one of my first choices when building a roster, though.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    I bet a lot of people will sell Cull regardless of how he preforms after the balancing. Seems like he was hyped up early due to his insane damage potential but then most people figured out he wasn't practical in most endgame situations. I don't see much changing in that regard.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Did you all know Cull is good for Dismay mod in AQ if you have combo shield up and take a hit you wont degen

I have another trick:
    dont get hit
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Everyone complaining about his low blow proficiency should just be thankful u are getting a chance to get your resources back. U knew his low block proficiency when u ranked him up in the first place. This rebalance is giving u a chance to correct your perceived bad decision in ranking him up due to hype to begin with.
    Neotwism said:

Everyone complaining about his low blow proficiency should just be thankful u are getting a chance to get your resources back. U knew his low block proficiency when u ranked him up in the first place. This rebalance is giving u a chance to correct your perceived bad decision in ranking him up due to hype to begin with.

Ummmm...when his damage was really high, he was worth the risk and the hype. Now his damage will lessened but his block prof stays they same...so now he's garbage.

It wasn't a "bad" decision, it was a risky decision.

Have you not been following the conversation?
    Seraphion said:

Did you all know Cull is good for Dismay mod in AQ if you have combo shield up and take a hit you wont degen

I have another trick:
    dont get hit
    This joke was told in front of a live studio ostrich...ha haaaa!!!
  • Hey guys, there's already a thread HERE for sharing feedback and suggestions about Champion rebalances. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.