**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Omega Red Essence Steal

So I have been using Omega Red a lot since I got him when he came out. One thing I have noticed with the latest update is that the Essence Steal on his SP3 seems to have a short delay before taking effect now. By short I mean really short...like a quarter of a second...but somehow the AI manages to launch their own SP3 and kill you before it starts draining any power. It happens without fail in any difficult game mode like AW or Uncollected/Epic difficulty quests.

This didn't use to be the case. I would always push the opponent to red, launch my SP3 then by the time they recovered the draining effect had already started and brought their power level down a bit.

Is this by design or is it a bug? Please don't come on here and tell me that nothing has changed...because it definitely has. I've had Omega Red pretty much since he was released and I've used him a lot.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Do you have anything to compare it from before the update vs now?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    CapaT14 said:

He is right ,Omega red sp3 doesn't drain power instant anymore .. i noticed a delay aswell 100% . He is my go to champ for war and aq and yes , it's a bug because i have a video that i recorded on youtube ,me taking down crossbones boss from act 6.1 where his power drain/essence steal sp3 worked fine and now believe me ,it must be fixed Kabam . https://youtu.be/BjJ4Tz9xgNY ..

Sooo.... do you have a video comparing before and after? Posting a video of "before" and just saying something wrong helps no one.
  • CapaT14CapaT14 Posts: 8
    whatever dude , i'll make one when the oportunity come .. soon as the AQ is done tomorrow i'll do it and you'll see the difference or you can try it yourself .
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    I experienced this today also. I have pushed opponents to sp3 plenty of times before to use my sp3 an then they would lose there sp3 before it could be activated. Today I had back to back fights where they immediately activated there sp3 as soon as mine was over an it didnt show the essence steal active yet.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    I've noticed this too and also have gotten KO'd because I was expecting the drain to bring them below 3 bars of power, but that brief moment they were still able to launch an SP3. I just thought maybe it was some weird interaction on a node or ability I overlooked. Now that you mention it, I tend to believe it is a bug.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Good to know. I will be careful using him now that way. Thx
    can someone from Kabam answer to this please ? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit etc
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yes, I have noticed this as well. It didn’t used to let them get an SP3 off, but now it does.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Doesn't work for me anymore either and have stopped using sp3 to try and steal health back too.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    This definitely needs to be looked into.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    OP I just ran into the same issue. I would use Omega's sp3 as a power control mechanic for pesky champs that go to sp3 easily like mordo and hyperion. I'm not exactly sure when this change was made but I would use my sp3 and if it pushed the opponent to their sp3 it didn't matter because the power drain was immediate. HOWEVER now it has a delay so if it does push to an sp3 you run the risk of getting hit with it.

Nothing was announced in any patch notes that I can find regarding this so some clarification would be appreciate by a mod.

I hate tagging mods but this is a tool that was just taken away from omega with no mention. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious any ideas?
  • We can pass this along to the rest of the team to ask about. If you have any footage of what you're seeing now, you can feel free to share it with us here and we will pass it along as well.

We can pass this along to the rest of the team to ask about. If you have any footage of what you're seeing now, you can feel free to share it with us here and we will pass it along as well.

Thanks, if an update can be provided on whether or not you guys are classifying this as a bug that would be great. The video proof is further up in this chat showing Omega SP3 power draining immediately against 6.1.5 XBones but now there is a delay.
  • BeerDragoonBeerDragoon Posts: 54

We can pass this along to the rest of the team to ask about. If you have any footage of what you're seeing now, you can feel free to share it with us here and we will pass it along as well.

Thank you.
    A video against hyperion , and it's the perfect scenario .. i only had 7 death spores when i launched sp3 and he had sp3 ready aswell .. 3.30% power drain per death spores that it should drain instant .. like he used to do right ?
    Not anymore .
    PS:Excuse the poor play haha

https://youtu.be/LApBfbqKjQc
  • Thanks, we appreciate the extra info and clarification. Do you have any recordings of this happening against other Champions? Or would you be able to tell us any other specific fights this has happened in? Any specific fights, Champions, or node combinations that you can remember this happening with or have footage of can be helpful for us to look into this. Hyperion's Power Gain could be counteracting the Essence Steal in certain cases and we just want to be as thorough as possible in our testing, so any other fights we can compare this one to can help us with that.
    edited January 2020
    video is coming soon @Kabam Zibiit ,a fight vs Ronan from act 6 , launched sp3 with 30 death spores on him and you will see the bug clear as day compared with the original video fight vs crossbones . I hope this will settle this . Thank you very much for your time.and let's get this sorted mate .
  • Sounds like he is now working like Warlock. Warlock has always had a delay on his sp3 power burn since his release. Makes it a lot riskier to use it and definitely not how Omega Red previously functioned.
  • One thing to note is they are both passive burns.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    I'm interested in this resolution as well. I was unhappy with the delay after Warlock's SP3... but was willing to chalk it up to working as intended.
    But Omega? That's a different story. His SP3 has never had a delayed power delay in the 1000 times I've used him. 🤔
    @Kabam Zibiit Please look at my video vs Ronan and you'll notice the difference compared to the one vs Crossbones . cheers
    It's all champs and is an issue with his essence steal now having a delay. I had the same thing happen against an Aegon in war and there is a video against a Ronan, both champs that have zero power gain mechanics.

@Kabam Zibiit
  • ShanwilderShanwilder Posts: 5
    edited January 2020
    https://youtu.be/LFFd8v4_NF0

https://youtu.be/VYc48KF6uao

Same issue in 6.3 and also in AQ Map 6 against the mini before Thanos. The AI doesn’t always use their L3 but it does happen sometimes before the essence steal kicks in.
    @Kabam Zibiit