**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

general thread to comment on rebalances [Merged Threads]

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    All this is telling me is that I need to 100% Abyss before they nerf Doom.
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    @Kabam Miike @DNA3000 made a very important observation that you haven't responded to, I will keep tagging you till you do, something looks off about that stuff he pointed out. We need some clarity from you guys.
  • Corby11Corby11 Posts: 163
    I haven’t had namor long and only ranked him to r4 because of the impending changes so haven’t used him much but from what I have seen the regen isn’t game altering so by halving it it’s going to be near useless, bit like red hulks on sp2. All it’s going to do is make it less desirable to run him with suicides. Not really sure why it was felt this change was needed despite all the graphs.

after people have run the changes for the trial period is there a final review? Or is this the final decision on changes and either take it or leave it?
  • TipoTipo Posts: 113

This can be it. Just remember to keep things on topic, because I would welcome a healthy conversation on how you guys feel we should handle rebalances going forward.

If the answer is "don't do it", I'm cancelling every Buff coming :tongue:

Deal!
    Don’t do it. Cancel it all.

zeezee57 said:

Corby11 said:

I haven’t had namor long and only ranked him to r4 because of the impending changes so haven’t used him much but from what I have seen the regen isn’t game altering so by halving it it’s going to be near useless, bit like red hulks on sp2. All it’s going to do is make it less desirable to run him with suicides. Not really sure why it was felt this change was needed despite all the graphs.

after people have run the changes for the trial period

They said they would look at feedback after we've had a chance to use him but won't consider comments prior. Like we can't look at the champ we've been using and know that half the already weak regen is near pointless. Like you said makes it less desirable to run him with suicides despite being marketed as optimal to run with suicides.

I agree 100% they marketed him on the strength of his regen so it seems somewhat poor form to make a major change to that component I honestly don’t see how it adds to the rebalance but I guess people are just going to have to try it and see.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    IMO, all data that is taken from a quest that doesn't have SP3 unlocked should be thrown out the window.
  • Sinedd92Sinedd92 Posts: 94
    I feel like annihilus buff was not even a buff. As an owner of a 6* annihilus, I've tried to make him playable as an attacker but the numbers are too low. I can definitely say that he's still gonna be useless in offense, so it would be nice to maybe increase his initial attacking characteristics or increase duration of his debuffs to make him be able to convert them into fury
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    I think I might have missed the original topic that brought this thread?

@DNA3000 is there a link to a rebalances announcement or something? I can’t see one anywhere 🤷‍♂️
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

I think I might have missed the original topic that brought this thread?

@DNA3000 is there a link to a rebalances announcement or something? I can’t see one anywhere 🤷‍♂️

Announcement here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/179310/champion-rebalance-information-february-2020

Links at the bottom of the Announcement post to the individual champion rebalance posts (which are being posted as "Spotlights" in that forum section).
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Thank god we get to sell cull LOL I ranked him up ages ago and now I can recover my resources
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

So who do you get back when we SELL Cull back to Kabam?

Whatever you put into him.
    For frak sake, people are disagreeing with you because it’s you I guess?, but it’s 100% conform the announcement, it’s basically fact.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Can't comment on most, but I'm disappointed that maw gets so little. He'll still be a complete joke on attack and, pending testing, will still be a pretty situational defender. Would have been nice to give him at least something like an offensive ability. Immune to reversed controls or something?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Im a bit bummed out that rank up gems are going to be replaced with class cats.
  • beeredpapabeeredpapa Posts: 27
    Players should be refunded (unit or money). Company must be responsible for released products, I think. Down grade characters is harming players.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    The big problem I had with this information dump was that the individual champion rebalance information threads really came across as saying 'hey we wanted the champ to be like this, here's the data that says they're not, and here's how we're gonna rebalance them to be closer to what we wanted. deal with it'. Or at least, that's how the wording of it came across to me, and potentially others will feel the same way.
    I'd much appreciate it if Kabam looked at rewording future champion rework information threads to make it more apparent that they are seeking community opinion for and against the rework ideas, and that they may not represent the final ability rebalancing. This would probably mean you'd probably need to post the first draft of this information maybe as much as 3 months before the rebalancing changes are released (even if it's just say a 'we're thinking we want to make cull hit harder than he does now at the start of his ramp but not as hard as he currently does at the end of it' thread with a bit of data included). MAKE IT OBVIOUS THAT YOU WANT THE COMMUNITY TO GIVE THEIR OPINIONS ON THESE IDEAS AND THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO MAKE CHANGES DEPENDING ON COMMUNITY FEEDBACK. Then the final draft for the balance changes are released at a similar time to now (about 2-4 weeks before the changes go live).
    Again, this round of rebalancing did come across as more of a 'here's the changes we're gonna make and that's final' announcement than any of the other big changes. I don't believe that this was your intent however, so I just want to say I think you may have come across the wrong way, and this is how I think you could improve this whole system so that your intent is not misinterpreted as much.

(lol there's probably a way I could have said this without it being as wordy or anything... oof I really need to get better at that. If someone could quote this post and make a TL;DR response, that would be much appreciated)

Something funny to point out...I have yet to see anyone use Cull or Namor in the Abyss. Seems to me if both of these champs are so OP, you would see them clearing paths in the Abyss. hmmm

Tbh I think that’s why they decided to nerf, I mean rebalance them cos they thought people would be using them to clear the Abyss so it’s quite funny in a way that no one is. Still annoying I opened loads of my t4 crystals to try get mutant cat to rank namor and as usual got every class but then traded about 21 of them with the trade in facility to finally get the 3 mutant t4cc I needed. It’s all that waste you don’t get back if you accept the chance to downgrade.
    But congratulations to the people who ranked Cull and get to get all their resources back 😁