**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Revisiting Champions of the Universe tag?

MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
edited January 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Some really good and popular champions have been released since Champion came out, and I wonder if it makes sense to leave his list the same or to update it with these new champions: Namor, Doom, Warlock, etc. Also, some of the contests’s greatest fighters that were already released and champion worthy were omitted from his list imo, like Ghost and Quake.

Are there any plans to revisit his list?

@Kabam Miike

Comments

• Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    If they did decide to fix it up, my predictions are
    -Tech: Ghost, Warlock
    -Mutant: Omega Red, Domino
    -Skill: Fury, Aegon
    -Science: Cap IW, Void (maybe Thing or Quake)
    -Mystic: Symbiote Supreme, Dr Doom (second one is a toss up between Doom, Magik and CV imo)
    -Cosmic: Corvus, Hyperion
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★

There are already some threads on this topic. You can search for them to see what's being discussed.

My personal opinion would be to leave it as it is, since it would turn out to be an inconsistent ability that could change at any time, based on nothing really undoubtly correct, with no good reason. Is like having a champion that is bleed immune, and now decide to change it to be poison immune instead

The search function hasn’t worked for me all week long for some reason.
  • Type in “Champions of the Universe” and Hit Search. Pulls up around 3 others besides this on the first page of results.

But, yes, seems like if you then go and edit the search box (from already being in a search result list), and hit search again, then it does give an ERROR Page.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

There are already some threads on this topic. You can search for them to see what's being discussed.

My personal opinion would be to leave it as it is, since it would turn out to be an inconsistent ability that could change at any time, based on nothing really undoubtly correct, with no good reason. Is like having a champion that is bleed immune, and now decide to change it to be poison immune instead

Like if some champ was evading your attacks when moon rises or have increased power gain when it's not?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

Is like having a champion that is bleed immune, and now decide to change it to be poison immune instead

Yeah, that'd be crazy.

If the ability is to be stronger against the strongest other champions, there's nothing inconsistent about it.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★

Type in “Champions of the Universe” and Hit Search. Pulls up around 3 others besides this on the first page of results.

But, yes, seems like if you then go and edit the search box (from already being in a search result list), and hit search again, then it does give an ERROR Page.

Always the response I get.

Anyway.

They have the data. It wouldn’t be too difficult I’d imagine to update it quarterly at least. It’s honestly not that much of a boost against those champions but would keep him a tad more relevant as the months go by

• 1st Search works for me (Safari browser), just not if I do another search from within search. Not sure why your browser fails right away.

• Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★
    Personally I would love to see the list if champs be adjusted every 3 months or so to reflect the champs with the most usage
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

Is like having a champion that is bleed immune, and now decide to change it to be poison immune instead

Yeah, that'd be crazy.

If the ability is to be stronger against the strongest other champions, there's nothing inconsistent about it.
    Then how would you feel if her immunities changed to be coldsnap, shock and armor break, for example?
    How she works is stated in her abilities already. Same thing goes for The Champion. They shouldn't change just due to how someone misleads the ability function
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    @will-o-wisp I recognise that - as usual - you're against change for the sake of change. Which is fine. And I'm not advocating it be random or capricious. Not am I arguing just for the sake of arguing (honest!)

The thing is, Champion's ability is not meant to be "Champion is particularly good at fighting twelve reasonably effective, but otherwise disparate opponents."

Champions ability is described thus:
    (1) The Champion always seeks to fight against the Greatest Fighters in the universe...

The ability is then further described as follows:
    (2) Contest’s Greatest Fighters: Star-Lord, Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), Corvus Glaive, Hyperion, Iceman, Archangel, Blade, Gwenpool, Void, Hulk (Ragnarok), Magik, Ghost Rider.

The problem is that for ability (1) to function according to its own description, the list (2) should actually comprise the contest's greatest fighters..

So if new champions enter the contest who are 'greater', then either the list (2) changes, or the ability (1) changes by default. So whilst you're against change: change is happening already. Currently, it's by chance rather than by design. I would have thought you'd prefer design (?)

To be honest, without any representation of champs released after him, Champions ability might as well now read "The Champion always seeks to fight against the Greatest Fighters in the universe, but isn't actually very good at doing his research..."
  • Hey guys, a similar discussion was also created HERE. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please do so in that thread. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.