**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Widening Gap among Summoners

2»

Comments

• Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Timone147 said:

So while I get where you are coming from I disagree with the premise on a gap. In roster size and resource availability ya there is a gap. But truth be told if used right you have the resources available to clear all the content in the game except for some fights that can create road blocks without the right champs at your disposal.

Due to time constraints in real life I play in a relatively low key alliance for my skill level these days(and have for well over a year coming off a 6 month break before that) that runs map 4 and play AW tier 5-7 on average to place in gold 1. I also do not spend on the game. I do arena though for units.

I still have a roster with enough solid champs at a high enough levels to have all variants but variant 1 explored 100%(just need to wrap up exploring the 3rd chapter of 1 after circling back to it), have 6.1 100%, 6.2 exploration started and 6.3 completion done and am looking at taking a run at easy path of abyss after watching live streams in about 1-2 months once I’ve saved the units and hopefully pull fury(sitting on skill awakening gem and r5 gem for him currently).

It’s a game that does offer advantage to those willing to shell out money. If you aren’t then you need to play the game smarter with resource allocation and unit use and also need to prioritize every rank up in your roster at giving you something you need in your toolkit to to help you clear content.

Don’t get caught up in the massive roster PI or the prestige chase unless your willing to shell out a ton of time or money to keep up. Better off focusing on building the skills and roster to keep up with the content being released.

Yes on it already
    Thanks for feedback
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

DarthPhal said:

You get out what you put in. I don’t see how a player who doesn’t invest time or money can expect to be competitive with those that do.

Content clearing is important but contents aren’t giving much of the resources so that champs can be upgraded

And time investment is necessary i agree but still you can’t catch it up
    You'll learn as your personal account grows that there's no such thing as "catching up" in this game. Whatever your idea of "catching up" actually is. Play at your pace and enjoy the game would be my best advice for you.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Look, I’m free to play. Always have been, and will be for the foreseeable future. Comparing free to play players to the whales is like comparing a race between Usian Bolt and a chicken. Of course there’s a gap, because the whales spend more, allowing them to get everything more quicker, to get through content faster.

The free to play players will get everything the whales have, just slower. I’ll eventually become uncollected. I’ll eventually become cavalier. I’ll eventually clear the Abyss. I’ll just do it later than those who spend, because I’ll get to that point at which I can do that content later.

As someone already stated, I think you should compare yourself with the people around you, not the people that spend large sums of money to get the newest thing the quickest. I compare myself with my friend who plays the game, who’s free to play like me, and around the same in terms of progression as me.

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to get that out.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    Accept it guys. Nothing good for free.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

DarthPhal said:

You get out what you put in. I don’t see how a player who doesn’t invest time or money can expect to be competitive with those that do.

Content clearing is important but contents aren’t giving much of the resources so that champs can be upgraded

And time investment is necessary i agree but still you can’t catch it up
    You never will. Spending saves time and energy. Those who spend great amounts will always be ahead of F2P. I never understood what started the comparison of F2P vs. P2P, but there's really no sense in trying to compare or catch up. The game is best played focusing on our own growth, rather than trying to keep up with people who spend. There will always be some kind of advantage to spending. That's what people pay for. Fortunately, it's not a requirement to play and enjoy this game. Only an option.
    Not often I agree with gw but he is absolutely right here. If you want to keep up with the whales bust out your wallet otherwise enjoy the game. If the ptp players didn't gain an advantage by spending what would be the point of their spending? They also keep this game going with their spending.
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    well the gap between bill gates jeff is certainly wider than the other richie riches too. let's not even talk abt the gap between the poors. so these kind of gaps are not really meant to be filled. u got to accept it n learn to live with it as well while doing ur own best in the mean time.
    so same with the game here. just accept it n live in peace. aspire for growth, work towards ur personal achievement but do not sulk or envy at those who are privileged enough to pay n win. remember if they didn't spend Kabam wouldn't stay in business n u wouldn't be able to get to be even ftp player if the game shuts down for lack of revenue. so I would rather pray the whales are whaled out more for my very existence! 🤣
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    This is like life, the people with big money will always have a lot more than people without. YouTube guys make money off videos and collecting donations even if they are not rich it pays for them to be at the top.

If Kabam offered better rewards in arena the people with lots of cash will get even more because they have more champs and have the cash to put up the highest scores. My point is the whales and YouTube guys will always be ahead of the casual and free2play players by a lot.
  • Just play your own game on your own level

F2P is not a badge of honour

I hope people keep spending on this game for a long, long time, thank you for your contribution.
    Thanks everyone for your feedbacks and making this my most commented post ever 😅🙂

Hope such responsiveness and comments of you all also found in other relevant issues as well

Thanks
    Donnymeij said:

How can you possibly complain about the gap a month after a huge amount of free t2a and t5b? We got multiple 5 stars for free, a very generous amount of 6 star shards. And 2 awakening gems. FOR FREE!!!
    Abyss is a very awfull example aswell, as it is only meant for the top of the top. As something for them to push towards. Because they keep the game you like alive. A lot of the people I see complain about abyss haven`t even explored (or completed for that matter) Labyrinth.

For your kind info pal I’ve explored everything you mentioned above including variants @Donnymeij
    I’ve spent a good time here too And did whatever content thrown to us from past 5 years
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    Either pay or play, the only thing I wish they would do differently is update a few of these outdated rewards. Lesser, greater solo, rewards for solo quest and uncollected monthly quest.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    edited January 2020
    Grinding units efficiently is one of the most critical core elements of the game. If you're not figuring out how to do arena in a sane way you're gonna fall way behind. Beyond that I don't really know what your issue is the game is designed so basically you'll inevitably get the resources you need to complete everything and what determines how long that takes is skill and bankroll.

The only pay to win issue I have with this game is AW boosts and pots.
    Donnymeij said:

Donnymeij said:

How can you possibly complain about the gap a month after a huge amount of free t2a and t5b? We got multiple 5 stars for free, a very generous amount of 6 star shards. And 2 awakening gems. FOR FREE!!!
    Abyss is a very awfull example aswell, as it is only meant for the top of the top. As something for them to push towards. Because they keep the game you like alive. A lot of the people I see complain about abyss haven`t even explored (or completed for that matter) Labyrinth.

For your kind info pal I’ve explored everything you mentioned above including variants @Donnymeij
    I’ve spent a good time here too And did whatever content thrown to us from past 5 years
    If you are that awesome why not just explore Abyss? I`ve seen people do it with a couple thousand units. Those are free to grind. It will just take you a little longer, but since you have EXPLORED everything else in the game. You should have more than enough time to do arena.
    Thanks for your valuable advice