**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lose Yourself to the Abyss!

Comments

• UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 202
    Neither doom nor ht actually, planning to get it done, just meph seems a roadblo

Wongo said:

@Kabam Miike Please change the top 300 reward from 5* Kang to 5* Thanos at least. Kang has been around for so long compared to Thanos.

When is the last day to receive these reward?
    As far as I know they didn’t establish any timeframe, because as mike said it was supposed to remain undoable for months, well expectation vs reality lol, I think legend title+ legend points go for first 300,regardless it’s done within month or year, I think they say first come first served
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This IW regen bug is driving me nuts. This needs to be fixed.
    “Easy” path, there’s medusa, hype, the champion I think I’ll go with either bwcv or ss, doubt dv would work for 2 first,there’s few vids with magic on yt but mainly against cull
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Think you are overlooking that Marvel fight as well. It was quite annoying
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Kabam needs to change the rewards to generic t5cc so that they can take any champ of any class to R3. It makes it a huge disappointment when you get a class that you don't want or can't use at the moment upon finishing. Content like this should not be R&G dependent.

What’s R&G? 😂
    RNG, you knew what I meant.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

Genyl said:

sometimes I miss the days when there was no internet and you had to do your "knight lore" map in a notebook. It had it's charm

It did. Everyone who is whining about the locked map is completely out of touch. Games are designed to include certain challenges and complications. Not being able to tell which way you are going and being forced to use your brain is one of them. Accept the presented challenge or go play candy crush.
    Are you being serious? I hope so because it’s sounding like you’re calling everyone an idiot for wanting to plan ahead.

In a game with a challenging quest like this where each fight is roughly ten minutes long, it would be absolutely demoralizing to not have a counter to a defender you run into blind. In a game where there’s ~150 possible defenders and 20 fights per path, it’s already challenging enough to take 5 attackers that can counter everything. Taking sight and the ability to plan away and it’s completely unfair in my opinion. This is just a way to suck more money out the players. All it takes is one accidental slip up or forgetting where you have to go to make a player have to redo an entire path again. I hate to call it a cash grab, but I’m not sure how else to label it. There is nothing fun about running in blind with zero opportunity to recover from a mistaken path choice. Limiting the ability to see the map only benefits Kabam when you make a mistake and go down the wrong path.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    I'll probably never finish an Abyss fight.

But the rewards are way underwhelming.

Completing one path should reward a generic 4-5 rank up gem for a 5 star.

And a rank 1-2 rank up gem crystal for a six star.

Fully exploring should offer a generic rank 1-2 rank up gem for a 6*.

And a rank 2-3 gem for a 6 star.

As well as one generic six star max sig gem.

So you can take one 6 star who is already awakened to sig 200 instantly.

That's a decent start.
    Haji_Saab said:

Please post any non-Aegon clears. I have nooby friends do their first run with Aegon .. which is making me sad :(:(

Guy below cleared it without aegon

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    @Haji_Saab Cleared my first run without Aegon too.
  • BigbadromoBigbadromo Posts: 26
    Helpful hint if this hasn't been mentioned yet. Void shuts down cyclops power gain so you don't have to play against his modes. Took 4 revives and slow dancing with cyclops, but got him down much easier than using Aegon and having to play perfectly.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★

Helpful hint if this hasn't been mentioned yet. Void shuts down cyclops power gain so you don't have to play against his modes. Took 4 revives and slow dancing with cyclops, but got him down much easier than using Aegon and having to play perfectly.

Thanks u mate that helped me to decide my one to do
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    xNig said:

@Haji_Saab Cleared my first run without Aegon too.

Please please do tell!!
    I want to do my run but I just can’t get aegon!
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

Please post any non-Aegon clears. I have nooby friends do their first run with Aegon .. which is making me sad :(:(

Guy below cleared it without aegon

How much did it cost him? I can certainly clear any road blocks but my main concern is that it will get too costly without Aegon's burst damage against the collector and some other beefy enemies.
    Don’t know tbh, not sure if I want to know ,I’m happy aegon 5/65 owner, and still not rushing to abyss,not a fan of long fights, I’ll do sometime after 6.4 for sure, depends on 6.4/a6 100% rewards
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

6k units. 2k to get to Collector, 4k on him. (Yes I’m salty I don’t have a Aegon.)
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

6k units. 2k to get to Collector, 4k on him. (Yes I’m salty I don’t have a Aegon.)

How was Spidergwen and who did you use her for?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Col66 said:

Not looking through this whole thread but has it been answered to why you don't actually start with skirmish charges equal to your attacker CR? R5 Aegon CR is 120 but starts the fight with 110 charges. R1 6* cyclops is CR 110 but starts with 90. My R3 6* Namor CR is 130 and starts with 130. Doesn't really make sense to me

A kabam QA guy who did the testing for abyss was on one of lagacys streams and he actually said that the skirmish / warfare charges scale exponentially and not in line with CR as is stated in this post. He said higher ranks will get more and more charges over and above what the CR is. Not sure why there is a difference between the communication and his understanding / actual experience in game.
    It isn't exponential, at least not for all the currently existing CR levels. I tested every rank champion I have, from 2* to 6*, at least in terms of entering the fight and taking note of the initial Brand V skirmish charges. It seems to follow this pattern:

CR 120 - 110 charges
    CR 110 - 90
    CR 100 - 70
    CR 90 - 50
    CR 80 - 30
    CR 70 - 10
    CR 60 - 5

Anything lower than CR 60 seems to start at 5 (I tested 3* 1/10 and 2* 3/30, both CR 40). I don't have a rank 3 CR130 but video evidence and anecdotes says CR130 starts at 130, which may suggest that CR 140 aka 6* r4 would start at 150 and CR 150 aka 6* r5 would start at 170. But this isn't exponential, it is linear, at least from CR70. It is (CR-70) * 2 + 10.

Clearly the Abyss Brand information in the announcement doesn't match the game. @Kabam Miike is the Abyss implementation wrong, or is the announcement wrong?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Col66 said:

Not looking through this whole thread but has it been answered to why you don't actually start with skirmish charges equal to your attacker CR? R5 Aegon CR is 120 but starts the fight with 110 charges. R1 6* cyclops is CR 110 but starts with 90. My R3 6* Namor CR is 130 and starts with 130. Doesn't really make sense to me

A kabam QA guy who did the testing for abyss was on one of lagacys streams and he actually said that the skirmish / warfare charges scale exponentially and not in line with CR as is stated in this post. He said higher ranks will get more and more charges over and above what the CR is. Not sure why there is a difference between the communication and his understanding / actual experience in game.
    It isn't exponential, at least not for all the currently existing CR levels. I tested every rank champion I have, from 2* to 6*, at least in terms of entering the fight and taking note of the initial Brand V skirmish charges. It seems to follow this pattern:

CR 120 - 110 charges
    CR 110 - 90
    CR 100 - 70
    CR 90 - 50
    CR 80 - 30
    CR 70 - 10
    CR 60 - 5

Anything lower than CR 60 seems to start at 5 (I tested 3* 1/10 and 2* 3/30, both CR 40). I don't have a rank 3 CR130 but video evidence and anecdotes says CR130 starts at 130, which may suggest that CR 140 aka 6* r4 would start at 150 and CR 150 aka 6* r5 would start at 170. But this isn't exponential, it is linear, at least from CR70. It is (CR-70) * 2 + 10.

Clearly the Abyss Brand information in the announcement doesn't match the game. @Kabam Miike is the Abyss implementation wrong, or is the announcement wrong?
    CR 130 is 130 charges as well based off R3 namor
  • Col66Col66 Posts: 26
    I was merely quoting the dev. Who used exponential to explain it. Your analysis looks logical though.

Makes me consider that this content was likely tuned for 6*R3 as a base line. Where the CR and charges align. Which makes sense if they intended this content to take months/ years to complete.Only a select few have access to this power level for the foreseeable future.

We saw this with labyrinth and the 2k attack extended enrage where 99% of 5/65 meet without any synergies. However the resources were not released at the time.
  • LegionDestroierLegionDestroier Posts: 101
    Is it worth r2 my sleeping 6* HT for this?