**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we have an explanation from an admin about Dr.Doom change at new patch

gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
Hi guys.
You posted the new patch and i saw one change at dr. Doom. Can we have an official clarification please?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    If a mod reads this ... wil this “dr doom”
    Fix be a game wide fix or just for dr doom because the same problem occurs with dormammu his medium ending combo vs the sentinal+mystic synergy (tested in arena)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Treo said:

Fix be a game wide fix or just for dr doom because the same problem occurs with dormammu his medium ending combo vs the sentinal+mystic synergy (tested in arena)

Oh good point. Didn't think of dormammu. He should definitely be fixed the same way as doom imo.
    I haven't tested myself, but another champ with the "does not give power" mechanic is Magik. Her special attacks do not grant power.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Treo said:

Oh good point. Didn't think of dormammu. He should definitely be fixed the same way as doom imo.
    I haven't tested myself, but another champ with the "does not give power" mechanic is Magik. Her special attacks do not grant power.
    Namor?
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

While dooms aura is active his specials do not grant the opponent any power. Currently this effect acted as an invisible powerlock effect.

For example, this caused sentinel with his mystic synergy to gain immense amounts of power from doom activating a special with his aura active, since every hit applied an invisible powerlock effect, which in turn once expired grants sentinel power.

This seemingly was not the intended interaction. Pretty reasonable as well. It's safe to assume that the invisible powerlock effect was simply an easy way to achieve his specials not granting any power. But they didn't think of all the possible interactions.

Tl;dr

His abilities interacted in an unintended way, so he's getting fixed. He's actually better against sentinel+mystic synergy now.

Damn, if I knew this I would have used my Sentinel last EQ...
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Treo said:

So does Darkhawk in a certain mode.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    On the change log the notes state that Dooms Aura will no longer be treated as a power lock. The description on the character states that Doom's light attacks and specials 1 and 2 grant no power. Is this update going to change that? @Kabam Miike

If this is a different interaction change please explain? I've haven't noticed how the aura works as a power lock debuff.
  • Duck_of_DoomDuck_of_Doom Posts: 171

On the change log the notes state that Dooms Aura will no longer be treated as a power lock. The description on the character states that Doom's light attacks and specials 1 and 2 grant no power. Is this update going to change that? @Kabam Miike

If this is a different interaction change please explain? I've haven't noticed how the aura works as a power lock debuff.

I think it means that those hits that give no power would be counted and power lock and would trigger nodes associated with power locking. The update probably will fix that since it's not a power lock. Just no power gained on hits
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Hey there, Doctor Doom's abilities make it so that, while his Aura of Haazareth was active, his Light Attacks, SP1, and SP2 granted no Power to his opponents. The game was previously treating each instance of this as a short Power Lock, rather than as attacks that just didn't give any Power. This change should resolve this so that he can keep doing what his abilities describe.

To clarify for players who are less technically knowledgeable, "gives no power" should have no side effects: you just don't increase power. But the game engine was using short power locks to make this happen, and power locks sometimes have side effects as discussed above. So the patch notes are saying that Doom's "grant no power" ability used to have unintended side effects, and now they won't have any side effects. Doom's attacks just won't give power, which is what was originally intended.

@Kabam Zibiit has Kabam checked the interactions for other champions that have "gives no (or zero) power" abilities?
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I'm still confused haha. So, what did the mini power lock affect that his corrected abilities will affect differently?
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★

Hey there, Doctor Doom's abilities make it so that, while his Aura of Haazareth was active, his Light Attacks, SP1, and SP2 granted no Power to his opponents. The game was previously treating each instance of this as a short Power Lock, rather than as attacks that just didn't give any Power. This change should resolve this so that he can keep doing what his abilities describe.

Ok thanks for the answer, appreciate it.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    I don’t have doom. But the way a see this, guess like fury’s signature vs heal block & heal prevention?. Like if it was heal block, nick ability can shrug off and heal, but since its heal prevention. He cant.
    Same as doom? Means its buff to him?
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    ẞlооd said:

I'm still confused haha. So, what did the mini power lock affect that his corrected abilities will affect differently?

Far as I can tell, the sentinel+mystic synergy
    It works as in giving power to sentinel when power locks expire. Now, doom’s attacks intended not to grant power were ACTUALLY inflicting an invisible short instance of power lock, which was giving sentinel with the mystic synergy a ton of power when he wasn’t supposed to get it. So that’s the interaction I can see, along with any others that might effect it. Now he’ll just passively not grant power on those attacks, circumventing that unintended interaction

Positive change, it’s just a little fix to give doom the ability he’s supposed to have.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

ẞlооd said:

Far as I can tell, the sentinel+mystic synergy
    It works as in giving power to sentinel when power locks expire. Now, doom’s attacks intended not to grant power were ACTUALLY inflicting an invisible short instance of power lock, which was giving sentinel with the mystic synergy a ton of power when he wasn’t supposed to get it. So that’s the interaction I can see, along with any others that might effect it. Now he’ll just passively not grant power on those attacks, circumventing that unintended interaction

Positive change, it’s just a little fix to give doom the ability he’s supposed to have.
    Ahh, thank you, sir. That definitely makes sense now.
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★

Ok thanks for the answer, appreciate it.
  • Saransh245Saransh245 Posts: 152
    So now abyss captain marvel will be a pain.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Just want you guys to know Doctor Doom technically got buffed