**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Stared into the Abyss yesterday. Didn't Blink! My Thoughts and Notes from my first path through.

jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
What up MCOC Forums!

Got caught up this last week in all the Abyss of Legends hype. Big shoutouts to Seatin and Lagacy (i know there were others, but these 2 were the ones I watched the most) for putting on a show for the community! After watching Seatin finish his first path, a glimmer of motivation to get in there popped up in the back of my head and grew as the days went on. Fast forward to Monday morning, and I found myself jumping in to the deep, dark Abyss. I took some notes during the planning process as well as during the actual quest, here they are!

After the first two days I assumed I wouldn’t be able to complete a path since I was missing Human Torch and Dr Doom and both seemed crucial in a bunch of youtuber’s teams. After watching a few more runs, I figured I could get by with some substitutes. This is the team I brought:

The Final Cut

- 5* r5 s200 Aegon

- 5* r5 s200 Symbiote Supreme

- 5* r4 s162 Void

- 5* r4 s20 Nick Fury

- 5* r1 s40 Proxima Midnight

Who I considered

- 5* r5 s41 Ghost

Naturally assumed that the phase goddess would do some damage in the Abyss, but a few things I considered led me to leaving her out of the team. I didn’t want to bring Wasp, and wasn’t thrilled with having to bring Hood as well if i wanted to avoid the recoil damage. I also thought that Aegon would do what Ghost would do anyways once ramped up, so bringing her would be redundant.

- 5* r4 s60 Colossus

Mephisto was one of the fights that I was worried about since I don’t have Human Torch. Ended up going with Void since he would help me in a few other fights along Path 1 as well.

- 5* r5 s200 Domino

Same reason as to why I didn’t bring Ghost along. Her overall damage output is killer, but didn’t think the roster spot investment was worth it.

- 5* r4 s124 Archangel

One of the other fights that I was worried about was the Invisible Woman at the end of the path. Ended up going with Nick Fury since his attack bonus synergy was a nice bonus.

Fights I was most worried about:

- Mephisto

Torch made this fight look ridiculously easy so I was worried about how difficult it would be without him, and with an r4. Praise Kabam for no persistent charges on this dude.

- Captain Marvel

Looked like Doom did some serious work for the ‘tubers so I wasn’t sure what my best option would be. I thought Symbiote Supreme would make for a rough time.

- Mordo

Hard counter to Aegon, 2m+ hp as well as annoying AF AI scared the heck out of me.

- Invisible Woman

Didn’t have much experience fighting her, outside of the few times I’ve fought her in war (with the #Small tactic). The twist on encroaching stun seemed like it would be a terrible time as well.

What I had going in:

Full stash of 20% revives, with a bunch in the overflow and a bunch of 40% revives. Pretty much infinite lvl 3. potions (thank you for your service, ROL Winter Soldier) Cracked open just under a 1M Battlechips, got 1700ish units, giving me a 3300ish Unit cushion for the run. Ended the quest with about 500 units left.

A big stash of boosts, 20% and 30% champion boosts, 15% and 20% attack boosts as well.

Didn’t take as detailed notes as I’ve done before (was laser focused for the day) but here’s what I got:

- Thing

Perfect fight to ramp Aegon up. No extra Abyss abilities makes for a pretty straightforward but boring first fight. Felt weird going in, getting 240ish hits and quitting out. Was thankful for Proxima here, I know her synergy contribution is nullified later on in the quest but there were a few times I slipped up forgetting Aegon’s 2nd medium is actually 2 hits.

- Omega

This fight was incredibly easy. You’re rolling once you get into the rhythm of baiting his sp1, getting in for a few hits, repeat. Another perfect fight to get Aegons combo meter up to that golden 999.

- Quake

Another fairly simple fight with Aegon. Earthquake meter is pretty much nullified by his crits, he was unblockable at this point which made pushing her to sp2 fairly easy.

- Medusa

Symbiote Supreme doing work! MD at 4 made for a fun fight here. Just did normal Symbiote Supreme stuff.

- Mephisto

Made sure I max boosted for this one, knowing that Void would need a little bump in damage output. The first fight actually went much better than I thought it would, taking 20% of Mephisto’s health down. Used 7 revives for this one, really felt the fatigue setting in for the last 30% as I slipped punishing his sp2 too early twice and ate it.

Was really pleased to get this one down! Don’t sweat it if you don’t have Torch!

- Captain Marvel

This fight suuuuuuuuucks. Between baiting her specials, and constantly looking at your own power meter, as well as when the power flood buff activates makes for a cyclone of a fight. I tried playing super patiently for the first 2 times, but figured that would drain me mentally and probably use up more resources in the end. Decided to go full Aegon Kamikaze holding heavy the start of the fight and hopefully getting a super fury. Worked out fairly well as I was able to get some good runs in taking 10-15% health off. Was this the smartest/most efficient way to do it? I hope not haha but it turned out to be more effective than I expected.

- Ghost/IMIW

Nothing special here, Ghost was as easy as it gets as long as you don’t get greedy with your power meter. IMIW took a lot more attention with having to pay a little more attention while dexing his sp1 and 2. the last 15% is annoying like the 6.3 IMIW boss but nothing we haven’t seen before!

- Joe Fixit

Had to quit out twice because he rolled the Regen buff after my first 240 hit run.

- Mordo

This fight was the hardest/most annoying fight for me. Aegon wasn’t an option, so I went with Symbiote Supreme. Fighting Mordo in a vacuum isn’t too bad, but a 2.65M health pool gets incredibly boring and frustrating quickly. Found the Skirmish and Warfare charges ticked down reallllly quick when Mordo refused to throw his specials. Was able to get a few really good runs with Symbiote though. Outside of the Collector, this fight took the most revives.

- VTD

This fight made me appreciate Symbiote Supreme. Was able to get a really clean 2 shot on him. Infinite buffs to fuel MD and cycle sp3’s makes for a fun time.

- Howard the Duck

Straightforward fight here. My biggest gripe is having to listen to Howard squeal for 15 minutes.

- Hyperion and The Champion

Same experience as VTD. Had too much fun feeling like a God tier player using Symbiote Supreme for both these fights. Thankfully, Hyperion fights fairly aggressively, so you don’t have to worry about him hoarding power in case your staggers fall through.

- Cyclops

This is the perfect Aegon fight. Remembering which mode you’re on takes a lot of brainpower, especially since you’re probably going to feel a little tired by this point. But you’re able to heavy charge Aegon, get hit into his super furies a bunch since theres a guaranteed window where he doesn’t gain power.

- Loki

Didn’t find this one too hard. Play super aggressively, you probably won’t use your specials. I pushed him to sp2 as much as possible.

- Aegon

Another straightforward, barebones fist fight. The mirror match. Pushing him to sp2 got me into a better rhythm, but you can’t go wrong with this fight doing otherwise.

- Invisible Woman

Got sketched out for this one. She was annoying for sure, but I’m thankful that she wasn’t a 5M+ health pool and was 2M instead. Used NF here, and ran into the random regen bug thats going around for those who have done this path. Wasn’t as bad as the others I’ve seen (saw someone’s IW go from 60ish% to full…) but got a little annoyed and decided I’d try Aegon and quickly realized I should have only used him from the beginning. The Force Field at the start takes a ton of damage off which is annoying, but Class Advantage and Aegons sp2 Bleeds went a long way. Don’t be scared of the Power Sting! its only 600 damage.

- Cull Obsidian

This was a really interesting fight. Didn’t expect for such an easy fight to be this far down the path. Had a really fun time seeing the big chunks of red damage after Symbiote Supreme sp3. This isn’t a fight to worry about at all, since you should have brought a nullify champ into Abyss anyways.

- The Collector

There’s not much to say about this fight. Nothing special happened/ I went in with Aegon, charged heavy and got hit and tried to crush as much damage as I could. Had a few killer runs where I was able to dex 1 or two specials and get a few full super fury combos in but there was absolutely 0 finesse in how I fought the Collector. Interesting that he has less heath (4M ish) than half the other champs in Abyss.

Final thoughts:

- Aegon is king. I bought into the Aegon haters a little bit, who told me they thought Aegon was going to get the hard shaft for Abyss of Legends. Glad to see that my main dude still crushes it.

- Don’t have any experience with Doom but Symbiote Supreme did an incredible job for me. Surpassed my expectations and multiplied my respect for him as a champ.

- The Rampage Charge “Fight Me, You Coward!” kinda works in your favor as it pretty much acts as a taunt, telling you when they’re going to throw a special. Except Mordo. I hate Mordo.

- Had a lot of fun going through the path! Had a different feel than Labyrinth for some reason, haven’t figured out what it was specifically but Kabam did a good job making the quest long and grueling without feeling like I was running the Boston Marathon barefoot on a road of legos. The feeling of accomplishment at the end of Abyss felt much better than my first path or 100% of LOL.

If you made it all this way…thanks a ton for taking the time to read through my Abyss experience! If you haven’t gone in, hopefully you get to crush down a path in the near future!

And don’t think I forgot about the most important part:

The Rewards:

- Mutant 6* Awakening Gem (stashed)

- Mystic T5CC (Will give to my 6* Symbiote Supreme once I r2 him)

From the 20k 6* Shards:

- 6* Carnage

- 6* Captain Marvel Movie! (first time dupe, r2’d her 2 weeks ago unduped. This made it worth it)

Catch you on the flipside!

Comments

• PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    Congrats! I did abyss completion last week as well. Without watching the seatin or lagacy stream and CMM was my most frustrating fight as well and didn’t have the proper power control brought in so made that fight very difficult. Got mutant AG as well and tech cat. My 6 stars were both dupes massacre and electro :(

Congrats on the run. Also don’t have aegon and won’t be attempting anymore paths until I get him lol
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★

Hell of a write up! I laughed at the Howard the duck squealing part.

Overall well done, and congratulations!

Thanks Awesomesauce! highly suggest you play with super low volume when you fight him.
    Pintzz said:

Congrats! I did abyss completion last week as well. Without watching the seatin or lagacy stream and CMM was my most frustrating fight as well and didn’t have the proper power control brought in so made that fight very difficult. Got mutant AG as well and tech cat. My 6 stars were both dupes massacre and electro :(

Congrats on the run. Also don’t have aegon and won’t be attempting anymore paths until I get him lol

Thanks Pintzz, much appreciated! tough to hear about the CMM fight haha. at least its over with. hopefully your future rewards/pulls are better for you!
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    nice write up thanks,i am planning my run and going in after 2 weeks when i have 2 days off from work 😂. my team will be new and probably going to get me stuck somewhere in abyss but i hope i'll pull Through.
    i have NO AEgon. gonna b relying on standard high damage dealers i have.
    - stark spidy
    - Nick fury
    - og thor sig 200
    - Symbiote supreme
    - and 6* Human torch.
    all R5 except HT(still rank 1) got ghost and winter soldier at rank 2 but but cant spare a synergy place for them unfortunately. i really really
    hope i cant do it without AEgon
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Thanks a lot for a review! That’s was very helpful as I was going to use void also instead of HT and was not sure how he will be against meph. don’t have him. And still I need any power control doom, SS, Clair.
    Kalantak said:

nice write up thanks,i am planning my run and going in after 2 weeks when i have 2 days off from work 😂. my team will be new and probably going to get me stuck somewhere in abyss but i hope i'll pull Through.
    - stark spidy
    - Nick fury
    - og thor sig 200
    - Symbiote supreme
    - and 6* Human torch.
    all R5 except HT(still rank 1) got ghost and winter soldier at rank 2 but but cant spare a synergy place for them unfortunately. i really really

Love that you're bringing the OG Thor in! looking forward to seeing some updates from you! best of luck!
    Bpn88855 said:

Thanks a lot for a review! That’s was very helpful as I was going to use void also instead of HT and was not sure how he will be against meph. don’t have him. And still I need any power control doom, SS, Clair.

appreciate the kind words! glad to see that you can use void! but hoping you get to pull that clutch mystic champ soon! all the best in your future abyss run!
  • Saransh245Saransh245 Posts: 152
    Don't hav aegon or doom. So I'm waiting to do labyrinth 100% and abyss initial. Wait could be long. Never ending. I might not even be able to get him ever. But till I don't get him I'm chill.
  • MINIWARLORDMINIWARLORD Posts: 62
    I don’t have doom or HT, but I’ve got aegon and SS @ R5, sig 200 so I’ve started saving for my first run. May try Havok for Mephisto but I think I can do the rest with aegon/SS. Appreciate the write up!
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I did mephisto with r5 red hulk and is pretty easy fight, a lot of baiting his lvl1 but do around 600-700k damage per fight so only a few small revives to get past him
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    How many l1 revives were in your overflow would you say? I’m going on next week, will have about 2.5k units a full stash of l1 and 2 revives and hopefully 40 or so l1 in overflow, aegon and sym for pretty much everything besides mephisto

Don't hav aegon or doom. So I'm waiting to do labyrinth 100% and abyss initial. Wait could be long. Never ending. I might not even be able to get him ever. But till I don't get him I'm chill.

All good homie! Chip that down bit by bit. enjoy the grind!

I don’t have doom or HT, but I’ve got aegon and SS @ R5, sig 200 so I’ve started saving for my first run. May try Havok for Mephisto but I think I can do the rest with aegon/SS. Appreciate the write up!

Sounds like you're set! don't see why Havok couldn't get it done for you there, best of luck on the run!
    Monk1 said:

I did mephisto with r5 red hulk and is pretty easy fight, a lot of baiting his lvl1 but do around 600-700k damage per fight so only a few small revives to get past him

That's awesome. I would have loved to r5 my Red Hulk for this one. Nicely done!
    Lvernon15 said:

How many l1 revives were in your overflow would you say? I’m going on next week, will have about 2.5k units a full stash of l1 and 2 revives and hopefully 40 or so l1 in overflow, aegon and sym for pretty much everything besides mephisto

I had around 15ish lvl 1 revives in the flow. Enjoy the run man, symbiote supreme really shines in this one.
  • Apollo107Apollo107 Posts: 104
    Wow man, congrats, I couldn’t get thing down!
    Apollo107 said:

Wow man, congrats, I couldn’t get thing down!

thanks apollo! thing took some time haha. Aegon took a little bit to ramp up.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Congrats man. I have torch but don't have doom. Why did you bring Proxima though?

Congrats man. I have torch but don't have doom. Why did you bring Proxima though?

Strictly for the Aegon Synergy. 1 Combo shield per fight. wanted to make my set up with Aegon as stress free as possible.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    re-reading through after getting my laughs out about howard...

i noticed you mentioned "recoil" for ghost is the reason you didnt bring her. does this mean you ran this above team with suicide mastery? i would think that after fury is dead and trying to revive vs IW would be painful to get two SP1's in. you' would have to play flawlessly to be running around with maybe 10% hp remaining.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Very useful review! It'll help me plan out my run a lot better. Thanks!
    So an r4 Fury was good enough for the invisible woman fight? I have mine at r3 and I'm just waiting for one more t2 alpha to take him to r4.
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Kalantak said:

- stark spidy
    - Nick fury
    - og thor sig 200
    - Symbiote supreme
    - and 6* Human torch.

Really cool that you're bringing an OG Thor. It's nice to see some variety thrown into an Abyss team.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the write up man. Your write up made me want to tackle it when I get back from vacation. I’ll need to rank 5 my Aegon. I wonder if r5 voodoo will work? I haven’t been blessed with sym or tried for doom. I have a rank 5 fury, but that’s about it.

I’m blessed with the ability to ghost but... I don’t want to use my 6^2 ghost in it.

Again man thanks for the write up and congrats. Guys like you make the forums readable.

re-reading through after getting my laughs out about howard...

i noticed you mentioned "recoil" for ghost is the reason you didnt bring her. does this mean you ran this above team with suicide mastery? i would think that after fury is dead and trying to revive vs IW would be painful to get two SP1's in. you' would have to play flawlessly to be running around with maybe 10% hp remaining.

that was one of the reasons why i didn't bring her! i felt like needing to bring both hood and wasp would take up too many slots.
    agreed with the thought about Fury. I actually only used him twice vs. IW. then decided to try Aegon, who felt much much better. Id imagine the fact that NF was r4 was a big factor.

So an r4 Fury was good enough for the invisible woman fight? I have mine at r3 and I'm just waiting for one more t2 alpha to take him to r4.

He should be ok at R4 if that's your only option. I found that Aegon did just as well if not better, so he ended up doing the grand majority of the fight. He's R5 vs my R4 Fury.

Thanks for the write up man. Your write up made me want to tackle it when I get back from vacation. I’ll need to rank 5 my Aegon. I wonder if r5 voodoo will work? I haven’t been blessed with sym or tried for doom. I have a rank 5 fury, but that’s about it.

I’m blessed with the ability to ghost but... I don’t want to use my 6^2 ghost in it.

Again man thanks for the write up and congrats. Guys like you make the forums readable.

Appreciate the kind words Panchulon! Glad it gave you a bit of motivation! I feel like Voodoo might be difficult since Medusa and Hyperion are poison immune.
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    My team I used was
    NF r5
    CMM r5
    Namor r5
    G2099 r5(found time be the least used champ of all)
    Stealth spidey r4(Very useful for the cosmic minis, he is r5 now.

Man adjustment I would do when I decide to do exploration is wait on doom and aegon probably replacing Namor and g2099
    Without aegon cost me a bit more for sure but wanted to get it done
    @jnikolas92 my team so far looks like r5 sig 200 Aegon, r5 sig41 Doom, r4 sig 1 Fury, and r1 Six star Void unduped. Do you think I should wait until I have void and Fury at r2 and r5?
    @StevieManWonder i think you're looking pretty good there man. seriously don't think you need fury. aegon can take invisible woman just fine. void at higher rank and duped would be nice for mephisto and IMIW though
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    edited January 2020
    I'll bookmark your thread bro. Thank you very much. So informative. I wanna ask
    1. How was your Symbiote Supreme fight with cull, could he one shot him ??,

2. Is it worth it to replace dr doom with SS ? Hiw about his overall fight against cosmic champion in your fight ? How many revives you used for each fight ?

3. I'm worried about cyclops fight. Have you already get used on parrying cyclops sp1 since the first fight ? Or you train first ??

Thank you bro... Really appreciate what you shared to us.