**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Finally Cavalier

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
I have finally put myself together and pushed through Act 6.1. I gotta say it was about time. My team far was more than enough:

R5 5* Venom
R4 5* Domino
R4 5* CapIW
R1 6* Doc Ock
R4 5* Killmonger

+R3 5* Sentinel for Biohazard

After finishing it, I have to say it is really fun content. The global nodes make you pay more attention and they aren't that bad. My favourite is probably the 6.1.5 node with powergain.

As for bosses, Ghost and Loki are too easy (not complaining tho), Sabre and Sentinel are just right and Ulteon and Crossby are just painful. Not impossible, but I'd prefer not seeing them again.

Overall, the cost was around 1400 units, mainly bcs I made mistakes and was lazy. I decided to smash Crossbones w Units, bcs my Sentinel is weak, the same with Ultron and mini-Sentinel. I also chose to go the Vigorous assault path in 6.1.6, which I see as my biggest mistake, as my only nullifier is Venom.

If played smartly, this chapter is quite easy and fun. Big healthpools and relatively small attack of enemies are a good away of design and I really appreciate it.

As much as I am happy to be Cavalier, for a free-to-play guy it isn't as much hype as UC. I am just looking forward to monthly EQ, that provides some progression-based goods from timw to time.

My next goal now is to do my first 100% UC EQ and then try Variant 4. Thanks for your patience reading this flex and see you all around :)

Comments

• ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    Congrats and Good Luck!!
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    That team should very easily do UC EQ. I’m kinda shocked you don’t do that already.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    Nice read, i enjoyed it. You may have even inspired me to start pushing forward for the title. Congrats man!
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    Do you think I can manage bro? I dont want to spend to much

• Congrats!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    AlexBossu said:

Do you think I can manage bro? I dont want to spend to much

Absolutely. If a scrub like me did it, anyone can. You have the champs for sure.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    @AlexBossu I don't know what "spending too much" is. But your roser offers answer to most things. I see you have Blade and GR, who together could help a lot. The problematic parts are:

1) Ultron boss - your answer: Medusa/Blade
    2) Biohazard Arc overload Sentinel miniboss - your answer: Ghost rider (or max trinity Blade, idk if that could work)
    3) Crossbones boss (Vigor, Biohazard) - your answer: same as before, GR or maybe Blade (test him against some Biohazard in this month 3.1 EQ)
    4) choosing a path in 6.1.6 - there are many paths, people recommend the Vigorous assault+arc overload, which requires nullify champ (SS in your case), but there is a Havok on the way, who can get nasty. Also, on the vigorous assault there is Bane IM(superior), so if you opt for this path, you have to be comfortavle w Bane. Rest of the path is easy (Moon Knight at start, then regen champs: X23, Wolvie, Angela, Groot. Other easy option would be the armor path. This one allows you to evade Havok, but there is enhanced shock, armor, incinerate IMIW. The rest of this path is easy (BPCW, KM, Collossus,...), as most champs either inflict bleed (solution: GR) or have armor buffed.

So in summary, you have the solution to all the difficulties, it now relies only on your skill. It really seems more difficult than it is tho. Jump into the first quest and try defeating some enemies. Their hits allow few mistakes.

Also, an tactical advantage is, that the paths are really short. In most cases 6-7 fights are before the boss. The shortest path has 5 fights+boss.

There is a rlly good guide on reddit (just type "mcoc 6.1" into google, it's the first suggestion. You can find the easiest paths there.

Only thing left to say is good luck mate :) I hope this helped a bit
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Good job!
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Congrats!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Kerneas said:

3) Crossbones boss (Vigor, Biohazard) - your answer: same as before, GR or maybe Blade (test him against some Biohazard in this month 3.1 EQ)

Blade is probably going to die against Crossbones. A better choice is Iceman. His damage is borderline at rank 4, but that's what boosts are for. That was ultimately my choice for CB, r4 Iceman and some attack boosts. Took about 300 hits to bring him down.
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    I wish i had 5* domino.
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    @Kerneas many thanks for your ample answer. I ll bunk up some potions and i ll give it a try.
    DNA3000 said:

Kerneas said:

Blade is probably going to die against Crossbones. A better choice is Iceman. His damage is borderline at rank 4, but that's what boosts are for. That was ultimately my choice for CB, r4 Iceman and some attack boosts. Took about 300 hits to bring him down.
    I forgot Xbones has Force of Will. My bad, thanks for advice
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Warlock is great for 615 Crossbones. I was stuck on that chapter for ages, then i got Warlock - and r4 was enough 2 oneshot him.

why on earth did you revive this thread
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Warlock is great for 615 Crossbones. I was stuck on that chapter for ages, then i got Warlock - and r4 was enough 2 oneshot him.

that's just the case, you see. DarkJedi2099 isn't from this world.

615 Crossbones is prob still a problem for most players chasing cavailer 😉
    but this is a thread from January. just make a new one!
    The issue on forums is that if you wanna discuss a previously discussed topic, you have basically 2 options:

1) Revive old thread and be critisized for bringing it back

2) Write an new thread and be critisized for not using the old one

A real Catch 22 if you ask me :smiley:
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Kerneas said:

The issue on forums is that if you wanna discuss a previously discussed topic, you have basically 2 options:

From what I've seen, this kinda seems to be the case.

But sometimes the age of the thread is simply to great to revive.
    Kerneas said:

i think just making a tips post would work, because this post is about you getting cavalier and he revived it with advice. So a new post would’ve been fine.
    @Unknown_Traveler Agreed, for example the "What if you were to design a boss rush fight", I always love seeing that one

@SpideyFunko You are right, it's situational. Sometimes it is indeed better to open a new thread