**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you think 4* champions are still relevant?

I have 15 5* (Only 4-5 usefull) and bunch of 4*s and currently i only focus on my 5* champions but i need more champion for aw and aq for diversty. Should i rank 5 my 4* champions or just wait to open more 5*s? I'm asking this because it's still relatively hard for me to get t4cc and farm gold.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I've always felt until I pull the same 5*, I should use the 4* equivalent. Depending on what the Champ is and whether or not you need the Awakened version, it can be helpful. It entirely depends on what you have and what you need. I never turned away from Ranking anything completely.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yes, for the same reason end-game players find 5* relevant even though they have 6*. It is easier to get certain 4*, certainly the newer ones, purely because you open more 4* crystals. Of the recently added champions, I got a 5* Sunspot and 5* Vision Aarkus, but a double 4* Sunspot and BWCV (which I obviously maxed her out as fast as I could). Boy, she totally changed my gameplay. I finally have a counter to Hyperion and lots of those pesky immunity champions. I would even say: if there is an interesting 4* in arena: go for it! Synergies are what it is all about and you can only access those if you've an extensive roster. 3* don't cut it if you want that synergy partner to be playable.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Depends on where you are in the game. You play long enough and you'll reach a point where a 4* champ is as useless as a 2*. I'm at that point. It was nice to dust off some champs I haven't played in a long time for V4.
  • o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    And don't forget variant 4, where there's a whole chapter into which you can only bring in 4-stars (and one for 3*, another for 2*, etc.). Not saying people with 5 and 6 star champs should spend lots of resources on 4-stars, but they are still sometimes relevant even in higher-tier content.
  • Basically if you are uncollected than yes, if cavalier, it’s time to move on
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I don’t use them much anymore in EQ or story. However, I use them in Variant content and they are very essential to me there.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian

I have 15 5* (Only 4-5 usefull) and bunch of 4*s and currently i only focus on my 5* champions but i need more champion for aw and aq for diversty. Should i rank 5 my 4* champions or just wait to open more 5*s? I'm asking this because it's still relatively hard for me to get t4cc and farm gold.

Every champion is different. The higher you are, and more importantly the larger your roster is, the less likely you'll find any particular 4* champ useful compared to either 5* alternatives or the amount of time you're likely to wait to get a comparable champion. But sometimes you'll pull a 4* champion that is worth ranking no matter how high you are. The last 4* champ I took to 5/50 was Namor. Immediately upon pulling him I could awaken him, sig him to 99, and rank him to 5/50. I used him in the random labs from last year where I specifically held him in reserve to use on crazy strike back node combinations. Even as a 5/50 he could get through one or two fights that would otherwise wreck most other champs. Until I pull a 5* or 6* version he's serviceable, and in fact even after I pull a 5* or 6* the 4* version might still be more useful until they get awakened and upgraded to max sig.

You have to make rank up decisions on a case by case basis, because rank up decisions should be based on how valuable a particular champion is to you, at your particular level of progress, and given all the other roster alternatives you have. That will be unique to you, and different for every champion you pull. General rules about 4* champs in general ignore the specifics of every situation, generally to your detriment.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Do I play with 4*s anymore? Nope!
    But I still want every 4* dupe possible. 4*s are my ISO farm. 😊
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Long thing in short,
    1. Depends on your progress in game. 4* still meaningful for Act 5 content.
    2. Do you have sufficient 4*r5 for arena grinding (I.e. pass thru those death matches).
    3. There is no definite answer but my suggestion is to have 12-15 4*r5. I have 22 now.
    4. Some champs only have 4* version (e.g. SW, Wolverine) and they are still good for EQ content.
    5. Do you want some practice (or first touch feeling) on some champs, which helps you to prioritise your 5* rank up schedule.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    There is only 2 4* worth ranking up...Wolvie and SW. You cant get them in 5-6*. ;)
  • monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    4* can get you through all act 5, but obviously for the rarity restriction of act 6, there'll be a point when simply they'll lose value for progression. it all depends really if you have a solid group of 5* to rank up and where you are in the game

personally i used 4* luke cage as my mvp for a lot of paths in act 5, but eventually i ranked up some 5* and he started to lose value for a R4 5* is already more powerful than a maxed out 4*
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

There is only 2 4* worth ranking up...Wolvie and SW. You cant get them in 5-6*. ;)

How about War Machines and Joe Fix then? =)
  • LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★
    edited February 2020
    4*'s are completely irrelevant when you hit a certain point in game progression .. completely completely completely irrelevant (except for gate conditions like the latest Variant) .. all the 4*'s I pull now sit at lvl 1 lvl 1 for the most part ~ including all the latest and greatest God tiers.

However

4*'s are EXTREMELY relevant for Iso dupes ~ don't sell your 4*'s kids 😅😅

The one exception to this is for synergy uses for Monthly UC EQ events .. ie the Flaming Trinity. I r5'd my 4* Masacre for use in the monthly UC EQ w. my r5 5* Domino and r1 6*Rulk .. until I was able to pull a 5* version of him.

But once ur rolling w. a full squad of r4's and r5 5*'s (and a decent amount of 6*'s) .. 4*'s are ~ Iso dupe material ,, and for that they are fantastic.

But if you've yet to reach that level of gameplay ~ it's best to work on leveling up the 5*'s you have to r3 over 4*'s to r5.

personal opinion of course
  • LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★

4*'s are completely irrelevant when you hit a certain point in game progression .. completely completely completely irrelevant (except for gate conditions like the latest Variant) .. all the 4*'s I pull now sit at lvl 1 lvl 1 for the most part ~ including all the latest and greatest God tiers.

However

4*'s are EXTREMELY relevant for Iso dupes ~ don't sell your 4*'s kids 😅😅

The one exception to this is for synergy uses for Monthly UC EQ events .. ie the Flaming Trinity. I r5'd my 4* Masacre for use in the monthly UC EQ w. my r5 5* Domino and r1 6*Rulk .. until I was able to pull a 5* version of him.

But once ur rolling w. a full squad of r4's and r5 5*'s (and a decent amount of 6*'s) .. 4*'s are ~ Iso dupe material ,, and for that they are fantastic.

But if you've yet to reach that level of gameplay ~ it's best to work on leveling up the 5*'s you have to r3 over 4*'s to r5.

personal opinion of course

I do disagree w. myself tho in one aspect 😅😅

AQ

I used my 4* Blade and GR* extensively for the longest time in AQ Map even as my ally mates were running squads of all r5's. My fights may have been well over 100 hits each (w. GR), but having regen champs is so clutch to AQ for saving pots. GR would clear 80% of the map for me, and Blade w. Danger Sense would address the Symbiods / Sentinels etc .. I do have a r4 5* Blade that is unduped ~ and if I need to bring Blade for any reason to AQ, I would choose my 4* sig 99 version over the 5* unduped version.

Eventually our Ally prestige has gotten too high that they just were not doing it for me .. and I finally pulled some 5* champs that were sustainable for Map use. I now run AQ w. an unduped r5 Omega Red / r4 unduped Mephisto, and a mini counter.

Speaking of mini counters I used a 4* Luke Cage for Morningstar mini and Hype mini for a long time as well (I would time out w. them a fair bit ~ but they would get the job done)

So for AQ .. I could see 4*'s still being of use

But yah in general .. I defer to my original statement ~ really depends on how far along in game, but really ~ if ur @ that point if questioning if they are relevant .. rank ur 5*'s