**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lose Yourself to the Abyss!

Comments

• MariselMarisel Posts: 3
    I have a question @Kabam Miike u r gonna post the legends names each month or when u have the all 300?
  • Col66Col66 Posts: 26
    edited January 2020
    Based on current progress the legends will be full by the end of the month if not week...
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

It isn't exponential, at least not for all the currently existing CR levels. I tested every rank champion I have, from 2* to 6*, at least in terms of entering the fight and taking note of the initial Brand V skirmish charges. It seems to follow this pattern:

CR 120 - 110 charges
    CR 110 - 90
    CR 100 - 70
    CR 90 - 50
    CR 80 - 30
    CR 70 - 10
    CR 60 - 5

Anything lower than CR 60 seems to start at 5 (I tested 3* 1/10 and 2* 3/30, both CR 40). I don't have a rank 3 CR130 but video evidence and anecdotes says CR130 starts at 130, which may suggest that CR 140 aka 6* r4 would start at 150 and CR 150 aka 6* r5 would start at 170. But this isn't exponential, it is linear, at least from CR70. It is (CR-70) * 2 + 10.

Clearly the Abyss Brand information in the announcement doesn't match the game. @Kabam Miike is the Abyss implementation wrong, or is the announcement wrong?

This was interesting to see the numbers. Thanks for doing the testing. Reworking your equation it looks like simplest form is:

Skirmish Charges = 2*(Attacker Challenge Rating)-130

It's interesting to see that they started with a y-intercept of 130. They must have specifically designed the content to be baseline for a rank 3 6* champ.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Still curious why the abyss effect description is worded as it is when it's obviously not actually the case
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Col66 said:

Makes me consider that this content was likely tuned for 6*R3 as a base line. Where the CR and charges align. Which makes sense if they intended this content to take months/ years to complete.Only a select few have access to this power level for the foreseeable future.

It's interesting to see that they started with a y-intercept of 130. They must have specifically designed the content to be baseline for a rank 3 6* champ.

That would be my assumption as well.

Still curious why the abyss effect description is worded as it is when it's obviously not actually the case

To me it looks like someone originally set skirmish charges equal to CR, then decided that they wanted CR < 130 to fall off faster than that so changed it so the fall off was two to one, making each drop of CR10 penalize you 20 skirmish charges rather than 10, then of course they had to put a floor at CR70. And then no one bothered to adjust the documentation to match.

I'm *assuming* they also intend to make CR higher than 130 add 20 skirmish charges rather than 10, but of course that's hypothetical since CR140 doesn't actually exist on the player side yet.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    doing the east path now after venom the duck what's the most difficult fight ?
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★

Red skull was tricky.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

They all have their difficulties afterwards. But cyclops and invisible women are pretty annoying. Hypes has his own difficulties.

Curious I have the following 5*s and was wondering which ones will be viable and which ones won't.

- Namor
    - Havok
    - Doc Ock
    - Vision (OG)
    - Spider-gwen
    - Iceman
    - Stealth Spider-man
    - Corvus Glave
    - Green Goblin
    - Angela
    - Iron Patriot
    - Iron Man (OG)
    - Iron Man IW
    - Juggernaut
    - Luke Cage
    - Iron Fist
    - Groot
    - The Hood
    - Agent Venom
    - Unstoppable Colossus

Spidergwen, havok and spiderman stealth suit.
    Haji_Saab said:

Curious I have the following 5*s and was wondering which ones will be viable and which ones won't.

- Namor
    - Havok
    - Doc Ock
    - Vision (OG)
    - Spider-gwen
    - Iceman
    - Stealth Spider-man
    - Corvus Glave
    - Green Goblin
    - Angela
    - Iron Patriot
    - Iron Man (OG)
    - Iron Man IW
    - Juggernaut
    - Luke Cage
    - Iron Fist
    - Groot
    - The Hood
    - Agent Venom
    - Unstoppable Colossus

If this is the full list of your 5* and 6* champs, you are not ready for this content. Clear everything else first and grow your roster.
    Maybe the person is asking so they can focus on ranking up that/those champions...no specific reason to be condescending to the person.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I want to let others know I watched a lot of each of Seatin's runs on the 5 paths. I also check other info before point this. I'm just doing my due diligence in preparation for tackling it. I know it may be some time, but part of the preparation I'm seeing if anyone on my roster should be my focus and who on the roster are not going to be used.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I want to let others know I watched a lot of each of Seatin's runs on the 5 paths. I also check other info before point this. I'm just doing my due diligence in preparation for tackling it. I know it may be some time, but part of the preparation I'm seeing if anyone on my roster should be my focus and who on the roster are not going to be used.

There's no way to say this in a nice way, but I'm still going to say it anyway: I understand the impulse to be complete, but I would be very worried about anyone seriously asking about the viability of Iron Patriot in the Abyss.

More specifically, you have one general problem and one situational problem in the Abyss. The general problem is the skirmish charges: depending on CR you have 220 charges before the opponent goes unblockable and unstoppable. So far there's two obvious solutions to that problem. The first is to hit as hard as possible *per hit* to deal as much damage in those 220 hits as possible. Aegon appears to be the king of this due to his ramp up damage. Without him, you're looking for the best damage per hit champion you have. The second is to be able to still function in a fight where the target is unblockable and unstoppable permanently. The best solution to that so far is Stealth Suit Spiderman using his slows. I haven't been keeping up with this one lately, so I'm not sure if there are other options equally viable.

The situational problem is that many fights have special challenges associated with them, so knowing what the best thing to bring is depends on what path you take. This is a meet in the middle problem of trying to pick the best path that matches your best team for that path.

But there's also the meta question you need to ask. Some people have just the right skill and the right roster to do a path with relatively little expense. Some players are spending thousands of units to complete it suboptimally. Whether a champion is worth focusing on depends on whether you're willing to spend on a suboptimal option or not. So for example if I were to say that Namor was a potential option for an Abyss fight, but you're probably going to die a lot so you'd have to spend a lot, does that mean he's a valid option you should focus on, or he's not a valid option you should focus on, and you should wait for a better option instead? That's something only you can really answer for yourself. That's what makes this kind of question difficult to answer, especially when we don't have a good way of judging your point of pain for the content.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    @DNA3000 Thank you for the information and advice. Appreciate it and will review it more as I progress.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I have the 3 horseman but missing Dr. Doom. I have maxed 5 star Sym Supreme though. But I much rather go in after I complete act 6.4. Hopefully the rewards is a generic t5cc so I can take my 6 star Aegon to r3. Gotta play smart because it is a unit dumping machine regardless on who you bring.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

I have the 3 horseman but missing Dr. Doom. I have maxed 5 star Sym Supreme though. But I much rather go in after I complete act 6.4. Hopefully the rewards is a generic t5cc so I can take my 6 star Aegon to r3. Gotta play smart because it is a unit dumping machine regardless on who you bring.

What in the world is a generic T5CC?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    T5CC Selector
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Now that I've explored AOL I can honestly say that it's just a item sink. The 220 hit limit is just garbage. There's nothing fun about getting a 200+ combo and being forced to revive because Kabam decided to arbitrarily make you die after that many hits. Karnak is the perfect example. He's essentially a 2-3 revive toll you need to pay to get the the Collector.

And after all that you get mostly RNG rewards. Of the 3 cats, 1 AG and 7 6* champs I pulled from all of this only 1 of the 11 pulls have any sort of immediate value to me.

Mutant t5cc - Great, took Sunspot ro r3!
    Another mutant t5cc - Fine, have to wait for another champ to use it on.
    Skill t5cc - Not great, don't have Fury or Aegon as a 6*.

Mystic AG - Not great, don't have Claire or Doon as a 6* or a mystic t5cc.

New Thing - Fine, have him ar r5 sig 200 already so he'll stay ar r1 for a long time.
    New Thor Jane Foster - Not great
    New Meph - Not great
    Miles dupe - Awful
    Vulture dupe - Awful
    Cable dupe - Awful
    BPCW dupe - Awful

All in all, I'm glad it's over and I better be top 300.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

T5CC Selector

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know what it was called.
  • Max_Max_ Posts: 6
    @Kabam Miike any updates on top 20 or 300 yet?

I see a lot of 100% profiles so wondering if can get results or any info on this. Thanks Max
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    xNig said:

T5CC Selector

Ah. Way too good to be true.
  • FalongFalong Posts: 125
    abyss was really easy to compare to LoL , took 8 months to complete, now only 1 week ahaha ,just when u die , u revive , only hundred ,thousand revives will be OK
  • UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 202
    What I learned during completion of abyss is 10 more hits or less makes no difference usually, I think it has some to do with 5/6* relations, if you know what I mean, 5*r5 should be equal to 6*r2, in fact 6* is slightly better, so has some advantage over 5*,maybe this affects cr somehow, hence the difference,that’s only one logical explanation to me,I got what I needed, finished initial run, luckily got t5cc With use for r3 atm, so can’t complain, maybe they’ll find an answer, I don’t bother about today tho
    Some ppl want generic t5, other 5* rank up gem,few want to do it with 4*,there’s even a guy who used Jane foster for few bad fights (honestly with pretty low units cost he says),I bet not long from now yt will be full of daredevils doing it blindfolded with 3*,few winters later tho Kabam will release hot fix making it doable only with 2 non existing so far champs,they’ll obviously release special crystals containing em, with drop rate in range between 0.0015%-0.01%, there will be even a man posting 2/ aweek new opening crystals vid, showing how he spends every time fortune for few thousands of above crystals, just to get one of those perfect counters, perhaps it’s all gonna happen, that’ll be probably the day you’ll find your answer, I’m not as long here as most of ppl, just bit over 2 y, but I learned that if nobody answers your question within firs 48h means Answer simply don’t exist yet, this content was supposed to be undoable for weeks/ months they said, in fact ppl got it done at release date almost,now all abyss makers trying to find the answer how..and you still expecting answer about why there’s a difference between skirmish charges and cr,Well I bet one day you’ll find out why, question is are you gonna like this answer tho..I got it done before they’ll make it harder after they’ll find their answers, that’s just me tho, no offence man. Have fun
    xNig said:

Paragraphs dude.

Ohh my bad forgive me please