**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why is the 5 star pool TRASH for begginers

I literally finally got my 4th 5 star
I grinded for 2 months to get 10000 5 star shards, having only 3 at this point.
I grinded extremely hard as a player who is proven and got as many acorns as possible to get the most 5 star shards as possible.
I finally was able to get enough this morning and what do I get......

A FREAKING 5 STAR DIABLO! :|
I can't with this game man, lol.

Comments

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    Prepare to be burnt more often than not when opening 5*'s took me 20 or so 5*'s to pull what was considered Top tier at that time, a 5* GR and by that time I had a 5/50 max sig GR so the 5* has stayed as arena fodder ever since. It takes awhile to get someone truly usable when you need them.

If you just pulled your 4th, I'm assuming you are still pretty new to the game and thus would have a very hard time (if not impossible) to even rank a 5* past r3 to make them viable enough to supersede your 4*'s.

By the time you can start r4ing, and subsequently r5ing your 5*'s you should have at least a few good option at that point.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Sorry man, I gotta disagree.
    I reactivated my second account last spring (I just barely finished act 3 and I do use the sigil which in turn has allowed me to get more 4 stars to build my roster) and thanks to all the free calendars and events this past year, I got lucky and openly call it pure luck and pulled

5-star Heimdall,
    5-star Ghost,
    5-star Red Hulk,
    5-star Cyclops
    and a 5-star Doc Ock

I can understand your frustration of not pulling the "God tier" early on but anybody building a roster will tell you that those chances are few and far between and realistically you're better off just focusing on being patient and utilizing what you've got to the best of your abilities. I mean I try to focus on using my four stars more in story and the Event Quest since it's a lot cheaper where I'm at progression wise to rank up and I'm not ashamed of that, I get it and that's what 99.9% of us do anyway!
  • HyzerBombHyzerBomb Posts: 80
    Because there are a lot of champs in the pool...
  • Focus on 4 stars, get some godly ones from the arena, that’s the grind that counts. Get yourself an awesome team and crush it.

My 4* team, which I use for everything (replaced 4* dom with the 5*).

1. Captain Marvel
    2. Nick Fury
    3. Nomad
    4. Iron Man IW
    5. Domino

Get a similar 4* team and become uncollected, after that, it’s a whole new game and the 5 stars will be pouring in
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    edited January 2020
    My First 5* was Iceman so that can't be true
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    It’s trash regardless or the player range, same as the rng-luck depending who you are
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Has less than 3% of the available 5* champs, complains about not having good 5*’s... logic.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    If you only have 4 5*s, your focus is better spent on just building a Roster, rather than only getting specific ones. Unfortunately, that's a side-effect of the Tier mentality.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    The first couple of five stars are tough but after a while you get lucky my last 2 pulls have been nick fury and omega red and I’m not even uncollected!
  • Rerun_9Rerun_9 Posts: 109
    Man I feel you. I have 8 5*s. In order they are Rocket Raccoon, agent venom , the champion, OG Iron Man, Thor Jane, Ronin, Howard, and lastly Groot. Bro that Groot just about killed me. 😂 but I ain’t mad. There’s plenty more to come. You just gotta wait homie
  • LazuliLazuli Posts: 94
    Lmao when i was proven i couldn’t even pull a decent 4 star champ let alone start thinking about 5 stars. Honestly at that stage any 5 star would be useful, i did all of act 4 with a 4/40 Rougue, Yellow Jacket, Juggernaut, Venom and a 3 star max hyperion. I would’ve jumped at your 5 star diablo when i was still at that point in the game. Focus on your 4 stars, they’ll be useful even through act 5, and you’re 5 star luck will improve, ive pulled meme tier champs one crystal just to pull a beyond god tier the very next one. It really is just all about chance.
  • Nrivas7Nrivas7 Posts: 5
    My first two 5 stars were Aegon and Hyperion, guess I’m lucky.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

If you only have 4 5*s, your focus is better spent on just building a Roster, rather than only getting specific ones. Unfortunately, that's a side-effect of the Tier mentality.

Bad champs are bad champs regardless of tiers lol. All you have to do with Diablo to know he isn't going to help you clear content is play him. You don't need a tier list.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    rvcubing said:

I literally finally got my 4th 5 star
    I grinded for 2 months to get 10000 5 star shards, having only 3 at this point.
    I grinded extremely hard as a player who is proven and got as many acorns as possible to get the most 5 star shards as possible.
    I finally was able to get enough this morning and what do I get......

A FREAKING 5 STAR DIABLO! :|
    I can't with this game man, lol.

I get the feeling. I don't believe being in the beginner bracket yields different pulls. I think you have the same chance as everyone else opening the same kind of 5 star crystal. You just feel it a bit more when you have bad luck opening crystals, when they are so hard to come by, being a beginner!
    I recently pulled Diablo as my first 6 star... lol.
    But at least now I have one 6 star. And for some content he's not super bad. After all a 6 star amps up health and attack compared to 5 stars. So even he isn't completely useless. Allthough... I hardly ever use him over any of my r5, r4 or even r3 5 stars...

Keep going. Finally you get a great champ! I remember pulling my 5 star Hyperion! Game changer. Especially after duping him months later when at r4. Now he's my only r5 5 star so far. With Omega red next in line to be ranked up to r5!
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    Technically, a minority of the best champions in-game are heavily reliant on signature level, meaning that beginners with low chance of awakening a 5* champion have quite good chance of obtaining a useful champion from the upper class of champions.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

"Why is the 5 star pool trash for beginners?"

It isn't. However, there are some beginners who think the amount of effort they put into earning a single 5* crystal should determine how good the champion that comes out of it is. The game doesn't work like that. The champion that drops is the same whether you spend a year slowly collecting 5* shards one at a time, or if you open ten 5* crystals a month.

The way this game actually works is that the crystal is the same for everyone, and the reward for progressing in the game is you earn them faster, open more of them, and increase the odds that you'll get a champion you want. Assuming you want a broad range of champs, and aren't trying to hit the jackpot and pull one single desired champion out of a hundred and fifty or so.

This game also rewards patience, and penalizes impatience. Impatient players generally have to spend more time grinding, spend more money, and are generally less happy playing the game in general than players willing to set reasonable expectations. This is by design.

I’ve been playing for 5 years and still have not pulled a 4* SW. I would have to strenuously disagree with your notion that the game rewards patience. The game game actually rewards people who spend money and buy crystals. #factsarefacts
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Bad champs are bad champs regardless of tiers lol. All you have to do with Diablo to know he isn't going to help you clear content is play him. You don't need a tier list.
    If you've got only 4, you should be focused on building a Roster with as many as possible. First one of each Class at least, then improving on that. Some people are jumping into the game, only going for God Tiers, and missing out on a great deal of experience.
  • BNOJamsBNOJams Posts: 103
    There's a lot of urban legends about opening crystals and what the results are, but I've played for over 4 years now and can tell you, everybody gets plenty of trash pulls. It's all about the math: bring in the 5*'s, one by one and you'll eventually get a lucky pull.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    My first 5*s were BP and Rhino back around the time they first came out. I would’ve gladly taken diablo. Don’t be so entitled. There is a lot of good advice on this thread on focusing on 4 stars at your level. Better use of your resources and will help you advance at the right pace and will help you avoid burn out
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    It’s just RNG, my fourth five star was blade
  • RoyalistRoyalist Posts: 33
    Luck of the draw
  • Gooseman27Gooseman27 Posts: 55
    Just pulled 5 star stealthy, its luck based dude
  • Guytennis said:

DNA3000 said:

"Why is the 5 star pool trash for beginners?"

It isn't. However, there are some beginners who think the amount of effort they put into earning a single 5* crystal should determine how good the champion that comes out of it is. The game doesn't work like that. The champion that drops is the same whether you spend a year slowly collecting 5* shards one at a time, or if you open ten 5* crystals a month.

The way this game actually works is that the crystal is the same for everyone, and the reward for progressing in the game is you earn them faster, open more of them, and increase the odds that you'll get a champion you want. Assuming you want a broad range of champs, and aren't trying to hit the jackpot and pull one single desired champion out of a hundred and fifty or so.

This game also rewards patience, and penalizes impatience. Impatient players generally have to spend more time grinding, spend more money, and are generally less happy playing the game in general than players willing to set reasonable expectations. This is by design.

I’ve been playing for 5 years and still have not pulled a 4* SW. I would have to strenuously disagree with your notion that the game rewards patience. The game game actually rewards people who spend money and buy crystals. #factsarefacts
    I pulled 4* SW and Magick the same time spinning 10 phc. I later duped them the same way.
This discussion has been closed.