**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cannot dash back to avoid heavy attack

ADDIS0NADDIS0N Posts: 1,018 ★★★★
Since Doom has been introduced into the game, I’ve noticed in several other fights with different champs that my movement occasionally gets locked when a heavy attack is initiated by the defender and I’m trying to dash back.

This is impossible to capture on video, or I’d submit one.

I’ve been clipped by more heavy attacks in the last few weeks than I have in the last year, and thought I’d bring it up so you could add it to the end of the massive list of bugs that will probably never get fixed.

iPad Pro 10.5
WiFi
Current iOS
Current game build

Thanks.

Comments

• Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    Yes! I thought it was only me.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    You can really notice it vs Deadpool boss in Variant 4.
  • Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93
    edited January 2020
    Are yall just talking about doom? If you have any shocks, and he starts heavy near you, you suffer short stun before he hits.
  • Do you happen to have any video of what you're seeing or anywhere where it happens consistently?
  • I’ve noticed this occur sometimes for Thing sp2. Backing up sometimes does nothing as his sp2 glides across the screen regardless of how far back I dex.
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 83
    edited February 2020
    I suppose the next time I take the war boss Thing, I’ll record it for you. But I’m not sure it will be as helpful as showing other visual bugs.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    I thought it was just me. Lol
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★
    Happening to me as well
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited February 2020

Rather than input being locked, its more accurate to say that the game lags quite abit while certain characters use their heavy, causing the game to not register your input at the usual time that it should. Ice experienced this on silver surfer and mysterio.

This is so true. I've also experienced this time abs time again. Either the heavy locks you into place so you eat it to the face..or you're able to dash back and for some reason the heavy attack reaches farther than before. So much inconsistency in the gameplay.
    Oh my god yes. This is so true. Some heavys reach the entire screen (at least thats what it feels like)
    Its like they become mr fantastic.

The last fight this happend was aegon vs colossuss in LOL. His heavys came flying all over the place.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I'm rarely in this section of the forums, and I hate to be someone that complains about stuff, but this has definitely happened to me. it's incredibly confusing and frustrating. I don't regularly record fights, if at all, and I haven't noticed any pattern in terms of champs. I noticed someone mentioned thing sp2 and I've also had issues with that, as well as torch sp2. Im 99% sure it isn't me because most days I can easily outrange it with my dashes, but other times, it'll be like they jump across the screen and I can't dash fast enough. it only happens for some specials like what I mentioned above, but I don't notice any pattern with heavies. also, p2099, civil warrior, and tech doombot seem to have a heavy hit box quite substantially larger than their animation
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

I'm rarely in this section of the forums, and I hate to be someone that complains about stuff, but this has definitely happened to me. it's incredibly confusing and frustrating. I don't regularly record fights, if at all, and I haven't noticed any pattern in terms of champs. I noticed someone mentioned thing sp2 and I've also had issues with that, as well as torch sp2. Im 99% sure it isn't me because most days I can easily outrange it with my dashes, but other times, it'll be like they jump across the screen and I can't dash fast enough. it only happens for some specials like what I mentioned above, but I don't notice any pattern with heavies. also, p2099, civil warrior, and tech doombot seem to have a heavy hit box quite substantially larger than their animation

Doombots don't count as they cheat like hell. I'm not sure the rules of the game apply to them.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    I have been experiencing this issue but I can not show evidence because I have an iPhone
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    https://streamable.com/0aacl0

Here is a link. Half the time I try to dex in the middle of a heavy, my character just stands there.

This thread is literally a year old, but kabam has been completely neglecting it.

Can we at least hear that its going to be looked into?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra @kabam boo
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    Wow. This has literally been going on for like 2 years haha. Can’t believe ppl are just now noticing it. I and others posted about this after the 18.0 update (somewhere around there) and several times since. I play on apple devices and since I couldn’t provide any input related video proof, it just got ignored.
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    it’s been happening to me more and more frequently, when going against anyone that has stun immunity it’s even more noticeable
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    njandy said:

it’s been happening to me more and more frequently, when going against anyone that has stun immunity it’s even more noticeable

You hit the nail on the head.

I had to waste around 5 revives on the captain marvel and gamora bosses of variant 5 , both were stun immune and I noticed it occurring much more often versus them.