**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mephisto sp2 misses after 5 hit combo

dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
Ok .. so I managed to get some video of this .. 7 min fight vs RoL Winter Soldier ... a good 17 sp2s .. :) 4 of which fail (1 was my issue .. other 3 are bit harder to explain) :)

https://youtu.be/vv8qRuwF1kY

00:51 sp2 intercept . no combo. (was too high on power to risk combo)
01:06 5 hit + sp2 - works fine
01:37 3 hit + sp2 - ok
01:50 5 hit + sp2 - ok
02:12 4 hit + sp2 - ok
02:30 5 hit + sp2 - ok
02:50 4 hit + sp2 - fails - my bad, was bit slow on the commands ;)
03:08 5 hit + sp2 - fails
03:27 5 hit + sp2 - fails
03:40 5 hit + sp2 - ok
03:52 5 hit + sp2 - ok
04:10 5 hit + sp2 - ok (against wall, never any issues against a wall)
04:40 5 hit + sp2 - ok
05:26 5 hit + sp2 - fails
05:49 5 hit + sp2 - ok
06:10 5 hit + sp2 - ok
06:33 5 hit + sp2 - ok

I've been noticing this issue lately as I use Mephisto a lot ... 5 hit combo (not against a wall) .. into sp2 .. sometimes the sp2 kicks them too far back, and they're able to block or avoid the rest of it.

If there's something I'm doing wrong, would love to hear it .. however, looking it over, the only thing I may be guilty of is hitting sp2 too early .. that shouldn't be resulting in it missing like that regardless .. :(

Comments

• MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    What's your phone? I noticed that on older devices, connecting SP after combos, can fail.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Samsung A50 .. haven't noticed any lag issues or such with it ...
  • Says “Video Unavailable. (Watch video on Youtube). Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.”

Haven’t seen that before when viewing people’s videos from up here on Forum before (Apple Safari browser).

Says “Video Unavailable. (Watch video on Youtube). Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.”

Haven’t seen that before when viewing people’s videos from up here on Forum before (Apple Safari browser).

Not sure ... it's working fine as far as I can tell .. it's just a youtube video .. nothing special ..
    are others able to view it ?
    or is everyone getting same error?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

Says “Video Unavailable. (Watch video on Youtube). Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.”

Not sure ... it's working fine as far as I can tell .. it's just a youtube video .. nothing special ..
    are others able to view it ?
    or is everyone getting same error?
    Same.
    edited January 2020
    I'm seeing new views on the video .. so some of you are seeing it fine ...

[edit] found a setting on youtube "allow emedding" .. try it again see if that helps :) [/edit]
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    dot_ditto said:

[edit] found a setting on youtube "allow emedding" .. try it again see if that helps :) [/edit]

its working now
    issamaf80 said:

dot_ditto said:

its working now
    Cool .. sorry, haven't been posting on youtube much, still learning the ins and outs :)
  • Ok video plays now here.
    Back to original question...

Your 4 hit combo fail at 2:50 doesn’t look like was too slow, think you were too quick with SP since 5th hit looks like it is beginning and then interrupted with the SP. But anyways ...

Other Fails (and in general), all the SP2's seem to also be moving YOU backward a little to start out the SP2, in addition to moving the opponent further back himself too (although that’s funny because the moving away from each other is WITHOUT even a first hit of SP2 taking place, and does NOT look like it is the normal finish of your combo's before the SP is even pressed).

Are these all Light (tap) ending Combos ? Have you tried ending a Combo with a Medium (Swipe) Attack before doing your SP2. Wonder if that will keep Mephisto closer to opponent so the SP2’s won’t miss ??
    all 5 hit combos were: MLLLM combos ... 100% certain of it .. ;)

(FYI .. just background, I've been playing since early 2015 ... not a top tier player, but my muscle memory is quite good at this point ... I actually find it very hard to alter to a MLLLL combo .. because I'm so used to doing MLLLM !! LOL )
    OK .. so it seems like something does look fishy ? would love if Kabam themselves could take a peek at this .. :(

I mean, I'd love to know if it's something I'm doing .. that'd be simple .. but I've got no idea what it might be ..

Regardless, it seems like the timing is a little too touchy .. and even if there is something I could adjust a bit, it sounds like there's still something in the game needs tweaking .. ;)
  • Just used Mephisto vs first WS in ROL to see what happens for me.

MLLLL does not separate the 2 champs as far apart as does ending with M (MLLLM or any MLLM).
    So my MLLLL had no problems with doing SP2 right afterwards.

But since the MLLLM does move the champs further away from each other right as you do the SP2, I can see how sometimes the SP2 might fail to connect.
    ** it never did fail for me, but I can see how it might sometimes.

** also, WHY does beginning an SP2 move the champs further away from each other (including moving our own Mephisto backwards a ways) depending on how you ended the previous Combo. IT IS NOT the Combo ending itself, because ending a Combo WITHOUT doing SP2 afterwards does NOT result in that same separation of Mephisto/WS.

Good question for Kabam to maybe look at.

Just used Mephisto vs first WS in ROL to see what happens for me.

MLLLL does not separate the 2 champs as far apart as does ending with M (MLLLM or any MLLM).
    So my MLLLL had no problems with doing SP2 right afterwards.

But since the MLLLM does move the champs further away from each other right as you do the SP2, I can see how sometimes the SP2 might fail to connect.
    ** it never did fail for me, but I can see how it might sometimes.

** also, WHY does beginning an SP2 move the champs further away from each other (including moving our own Mephisto backwards a ways) depending on how you ended the previous Combo. IT IS NOT the Combo ending itself, because ending a Combo WITHOUT doing SP2 afterwards does NOT result in that same separation of Mephisto/WS.

Good question for Kabam to maybe look at.

Thanks for doing an independant verification :) Makes me feel better, it's not just me .. LOL
  • Hey there, the report has been passed along to the rest of the team.

Hey there, the report has been passed along to the rest of the team.

Thanks! (I'm just as interested to know if it's something I'm doing vs an actual bug.. :) hehe )

Hey there, the report has been passed along to the rest of the team.

Just wondering if any luck with this sucker? I'm still seeing the issue, still happening after a 5-hit combo .. any updates?