**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champion Improvement Suggestions [edited by Mod for clarity]

Comments

• HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Was doing some arena today, and I came across Gambit, who IMO is one of the cooler X-Men characters, even if he isn't part of my childhood the same way Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and the original five were. I thought it pretty sad to see that such a beloved character was so neglected and, dare I say, useless in game. Right now, Gambit has a Stun on his SP1... and that's it, really. I mean, he has the Blocking mechanic, but is it really all that useful? I'd like to see him have a little more relevant abilities, while also not being completely overpowered. More on par with the aforementioned Nightcrawler than anything - not a god tier, but more a champion that you say to yourself, "Yeah, I'm happy with that," when you pull them. With that in mind: Gambit.

ABILITIES:
    Ante Up: Gambit starts the fight with two Kinetic Energy charges. Whenever he lands a Critical Hit, he gains one Kinetic Energy charge. Max: 10.

Kinetic Energy Charges: Gambit's ability accuracy is increased by a flat 5%, and the duration of his inflicted debuffs is increased by a flat 5%, for every Kinetic Energy charge he has.
    This does not affect any Masteries, or any effects granted from Masteries. However, Gambit can only focus so much energy at once, and loses one Kinetic Energy charge every 0 seconds. This rate is increased by up to 6 seconds the higher Gambit's Power Meter is.

This is Gambit's main mechanic - Kinetic Energy Charges. These will improve your ability accuracy on specials, allowing you to guarantee the effects of Paralyze or Concussion (I'll come back to that) and extend them for longer durations. However, they don't affect Parry, and they are difficult to keep up at higher Power levels. That'll be important later on.

Passive: If Gambit has five or less Kinetic Energy charges, his fourth light attack is Guaranteed to Crit.

This will be your main source of Kinetic Energy charges, and will allow you to maintain a steady supply of Kinetic Energy Charges. However, if you want to get the full benefit of the Kinetic Energy Charges, you'll have to get a little lucky.

Roll the Dice: Whenever Gambit uses a Heavy Attack, he converts all Kinetic Energy charges to Prowess buffs, which last indefinitely and provide +20% Special Attack Damage. Max Stacks: 5
    Special Attacks:At the end of every Special Attack, consume all Prowess buffs.

Remember how Kinetic Energy charges fall off faster and are harder to maintain at high Power levels? Well, Gambit's Prowess buffs don't! Therefore, you can hold onto these as long as you want as your Power goes up to boost your Special Attack, while sacrificing some reliability in your abilities, until you're ready to unleash a Special Attack for major damage!

SPECIAL ATTACKS:

Special 1 - Cardshark – With a little sleight of hand, the Ragin’ Cajun sends a hidden ace flying.
    A 75% chance to Petrify for 4 seconds, reducing their Power and Health gains by 50%, plus an additional 5% for every Kinetic Energy charge. (For your benefit and mine: at max Kinetic Energy, this ability has a 125% chance to Petrify for 6 seconds, reducing Power and Health gains by 100%. Not bad, eh?)

Special 2 - Bayou Beatdown – Super-charged staff strikes from the back alleys of N’awlins.
    A 60% chance to inflict Concussion for 8 seconds, reducing their ability accuracy by 5%, plus an additional 7.5% for every Kinetic Energycharge. (At max Kinetic Energy, 110% chance to inflict Concussion for 12 seconds, reducing Ability Accuracy by 80%.)

Special 3 - Royal Flush – With quick movements, Gambit lets fly a perfect hand. Au Revoir.
    This attack has +10% Attack for every Kinetic Energy: charge on Gambit, then consume all Kinetic Energy Charges.The effects of Prowess buffs are doubled for this attack.

Three Special Attacks, three abilities. SP1 will help you block or reverse healing, SP2 will help you deal with abilities across the board, and SP3 will just give you big damage in one hit. Ideally, SP1 deals the least amount of damage, while SP3 deals the most, so you can pick which one you'd like to focus on, utility or damage.

Signature Ability - Ragin' Cajun:
    Gambit now inflicts Paralyze on his Parries instead of Stun, Stunning the opponent based on the Parry Mastery's rank, and decreasing Power and Health gain by 3.5% for every Kinetic Energy Charge.For every Prowess buff, Gambit deals an additional +6% Attack on his Basic Attacks in Energy Damage.

I really like Gambit's Paralyze on his current SP3, as a mix between Stun and Petrify, but I think it's a little too hard to get to be of much reliable use. This method of inflicting Paralyze will better allow Gambit to reverse Healing, as long as the player can keep up Kinetic Energy charges. Plus, some extra damage a la Red Hulk based on the damage-focused buff is nice to have, without being too OP in my opinion.

SYNERGIES:
    Mr. and Mrs. X:, with Rogue.
    Gambit: Kinetic Energy: Charges fall off 1 second slower.
    Rogue: Gain 25% Life Steal, Power Steal, and Buff Steal Potency.

I'll be honest, since I don't have an extensive knowledge of Gambit, I don't really know what to put here for his synergies. You can just fill in his current synergies here, I suppose. The one thing I do know about, though, is Gambit's recent marriage to Rogue, so I decided to represent that here with a synergy.

Final thoughts: I think, with this, Gambit becomes a champion that's able to either focus on Heal Reversal or on big Special Attack damage. We can have a heal reversal champ not in the Science Class, ha (IIRC, CAIW and Void are the only ones who can do it reliably, and I guess Torch as well). I fear I may have made Kinetic Energy charges drop off too slowly to properly mitigate Gambit's "other" style of gameplay - you should be more or less forced to stick to either utility or damage. And at the same time, perhaps Kinetic Energy drops off too quickly to gain any of the full effect. But, oh well. I think this certainly will make Gambit more desirable and interesting than before, perhaps a little bit too much more desirable and interesting. Let me know what you think, and until next time: Au revoir!

• BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    Looking to give some more love to another Champion that could have been great, but ended up never really being all that great. It's time to take a look at the King of the Inhumans, Black Bolt!

Rationale: Black Bolt is pretty one-dimensional in his build. While that's not altogether uncommon in first-generation Champions, he's definitely not the equal of Champions like Karnak (who is in pretty serious need of a rebuild) or his queen, Medusa, who is a pretty kick-ass Champion on both attack and defense. As King of the Inhumans, and with his canonical powers, he should be crushing Champions left and right. He's canonically on par with Thor, Hulk, and Thing, so he should hit about as hard as they do. He can channel and manipulate particles and electrons to absorb concussive force and redirect vast quantities of energy. He can rearrange matter, and has powerful telepathy capable of resisting those well-versed in mental manipulation. None of that is reflected in his power set, and that should be corrected.

BASE STATISTICS:
    Hit Points: 15660
    Attack: 1148
    Crit Rate: 598
    Crit Damage: 703
    Armor: 273
    Block Proficiency: 3556

SIGNATURE ABILITY - MASTER BLOW:
    Black Bolt is capable of directing quantities of unknown particles to create controlled phenomena, enhancing his physical strength beyond his normal limits, channeling all the available energy he has into one arm for a single, massively powerful punch called the Master Blow!
    • Black Bolt gains 1 Electron counter for every light attack he makes or takes.
    • Black Bolt gains 4 Electron counters for every medium attack he makes or takes.
    • Black Bolt gains 9 Electron counters for every heavy attack he makes or takes.
    • Upon reaching 100 Electron counters, Black Bolt gains a Persistent Charge, and his Electron counters reset to zero. He can have up to 10 Persistent Charges.
    • Black Bolt starts the fight with a number of indefinite duration Passive Fury buffs equal to his Persistent Charge. Each Fury buff increases his Attack Rating by 10%.
    • If Black Bolt holds and charges a Heavy Attack for 1.5 seconds, he converts all of his Passive Fury buffs into a single Cruelty buff that increases his Critical Damage by 1500 per Fury Buff. His next successful hit is guaranteed to be a Critical hit. Once this hit lands, his Persistent Charge is reset to 0.
    • Black Bolt gains +50 Energy Resistance for each Electron counter he has.

ABILITIES:
    Telepathy (Passive): Supreme mental conditioning provides immunity to Reversed Controls.
    Poison Immunity (Passive): An enhanced immune system provides full immunity to the Poisons of the Battlerealm.
    Particle Manipulation: Well-timed blocks have a 100% chance to reduce all damage from Energy-based and Projectile Attacks to 0. Additionally, he can use the Parry Mastery against any basic attack, stunning opponents even if their attack is projectile based.

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    Special 1 - Particle Beam – Channeling unknown particles through the antenna on his forehead, Black Bolt targets his opponent with a focused beam.
    • 60% chance to Stun for 3.0 seconds.
    • This attack deals True Damage, ignoring all Armor and Resistances. If Black Bolt has 5 or more Persistent Charges, this attack has True Strike instead.
    • This attack consumes up to 50 Electron counters. Each Electron counter consumed grants this attack a 2% chance to inflict an Armor Break debuff on his opponent, removing 1 Armor Up buff and reducing Armor Rating by 666.67 for 5.50 seconds.
    Special 2 - Corkscrew – Surrounded by anti-gravitons, Black Bolt flies into his opponents, forcing them back with multiple strikes.
    • 70% chance to Stun for 4.0 seconds.
    • This attack deals True Damage, ignoring all Armor and Resistances. If Black Bolt has 5 or more Persistent Charges, this attack has True Strike instead.
    • This attack consumes up to 5 Persistent Charges. Each Persistent Charge consumed inflicts an Armor Break debuff on his opponent, removing 1 Armor Up buff and reducing Armor Rating by 833.35 for each Armor Up buff removed for 12.50 seconds.
    Special 3 - Hypersonic Whisper – Black Bolt's power is so immense that a mere whisper is enough to send his enemies into submission.
    • If Black Bolt's Signature Ability is unlocked, this attack generates 1 Persistent Charge.
    • 100% chance to Stun for 4.5 seconds.
    • This attack consumes up to 100 Electron counters. Each Electron counter consumed increases the amount of time the opponent is Stunned for by +0.02 seconds.

SYNERGIES:
    Cosmic Supremacy
    • With Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) or Ronan
    • All Cosmic Champions gain +30% Buff Duration.
    Family
    • With Karnak or Medusa
    • Increases the Maximum Health of all Champions by 6%.
    Friends
    • With Cyclops (New Xavier School), Cyclops (Blue Team), Spider-Man (Classic), Spider-Man (Symbiote), Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), or Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)
    • All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    Nemesis
    • With Kang
    • All Champions gain 5% attack.
    Rivals
    • With Hulk or Hulk (Ragnarok)
    • All Champions gain +155 Critical Damage Rating.
    Inhuman Royal Family
    • With Medusa
    • Medusa: Living Strands generates up to 6 Fury Buffs.
    • Black Bolt: Once per fight, when Master Blow has been used, Black Bolt has a 50% chance to instantly gain a Persistent Charge.
    • Inhuman Royal Family: +25% Attack at the start of the fight if Medusa, Black Bolt and Karnak are together in a team
    • Note: This explicitly alters the incoming Synergy from Medusa.
    • Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    Infnity Foes
    • With Cull Obsidian, Corvus Glaive, or Thanos
    • Black Bolt: Gain 1 additional Electron counter when successfully landing Medium and Heavy Attacks.
    • Cull Obsidian: The final strike of Special Attack 2 Stuns for an additional 2 seconds.
    • Corvus Glaive: New Mission - Downed Defenses: Knockout a Champion while you have no permanent Glaive charges. Once this mission is complete, your Heavy attacks only consume 1 Glaive charge instead of 3, though all hits are still Critical hits if you have any Glaive charges remaining.
    • Thanos: Armor Up and Fury buffs last for an additional +2.0 seconds.
    PREVIOUS REVISIONS (minus Champions that Kabam has already revised):
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Falcon
    6. War Machine
    7. Superior Iron Man
    8. Black Panther
    9. King Groot
    10. Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
    11. Karnak
    12. Iron Patriot
    13. Hulkbuster
    14. Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    15. Captain America (Original)
    16. Storm
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Bodhizen said:

Looking to give some more love to another Champion that could have been great, but ended up never really being all that great. It's time to take a look at the King of the Inhumans, Black Bolt!

Rationale: Black Bolt is pretty one-dimensional in his build. While that's not altogether uncommon in first-generation Champions, he's definitely not the equal of Champions like Karnak (who is in pretty serious need of a rebuild) or his queen, Medusa, who is a pretty kick-ass Champion on both attack and defense. As King of the Inhumans, and with his canonical powers, he should be crushing Champions left and right. He's canonically on par with Thor, Hulk, and Thing, so he should hit about as hard as they do. He can channel and manipulate particles and electrons to absorb concussive force and redirect vast quantities of energy. He can rearrange matter, and has powerful telepathy capable of resisting those well-versed in mental manipulation. None of that is reflected in his power set, and that should be corrected.

BASE STATISTICS:

Black Bolt is capable of directing quantities of unknown particles to create controlled phenomena, enhancing his physical strength beyond his normal limits, channeling all the available energy he has into one arm for a single, massively powerful punch called the Master Blow!
    • Black Bolt gains 1 Electron counter for every light attack he makes or takes.
    • Black Bolt gains 4 Electron counters for every medium attack he makes or takes.
    • Black Bolt gains 9 Electron counters for every heavy attack he makes or takes.
    • Upon reaching 100 Electron counters, Black Bolt gains a Persistent Charge, and his Electron counters reset to zero. He can have up to 10 Persistent Charges.
    • Black Bolt starts the fight with a number of indefinite duration Passive Fury buffs equal to his Persistent Charge. Each Fury buff increases his Attack Rating by 10%.
    • If Black Bolt holds and charges a Heavy Attack for 1.5 seconds, he converts all of his Passive Fury buffs into a single Cruelty buff that increases his Critical Damage by 1500 per Fury Buff. His next successful hit is guaranteed to be a Critical hit. Once this hit lands, his Persistent Charge is reset to 0.
    • Black Bolt gains +50 Energy Resistance for each Electron counter he has.
    Okay, maybe I'm not seeing the numbers right, but this sig scares me a little bit. Of course, that crit boost is only for one hit, but that IS a 15k increase we're talking about here. Ghost, as far as I can tell if I'm reading her abilities right, can have 10 cruelties up at a time by converting 5 into passives and having 5 active buffs. This critical bonus she gets is about 14k (going off my maxed 5*s stats)

Again, I could just be getting intimidated by big numbers like that without actually seeing them in actions, I know I struggle with that concept in a lot of my redesigns. I love the concept of the "Master Blow", one massive punch to end the fight, though, I give that props. It's not a concept I've seen explored yet in the game.
    Bodhizen said:

ABILITIES:
    Telepathy (Passive): Supreme mental conditioning provides immunity to Reversed Controls.
    Poison Immunity (Passive): An enhanced immune system provides full immunity to the Poisons of the Battlerealm.
    Particle Manipulation: Well-timed blocks have a 100% chance to reduce all damage from Energy-based and Projectile Attacks to 0. Additionally, he can use the Parry Mastery against any basic attack, stunning opponents even if their attack is projectile based.
    I'm a fan of the new immunity and the parry utility. Always love to see reverse controls immune for Delirium nodes, and the parry projectiles just keeps getting more useful with all the IMIWs, havoks and such around the game
    Bodhizen said:

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    Special 1 - Particle Beam – Channeling unknown particles through the antenna on his forehead, Black Bolt targets his opponent with a focused beam.
    • This attack consumes up to 50 Electron counters. Each Electron counter consumed grants this attack a 2% chance to inflict an Armor Break debuff on his opponent, removing 1 Armor Up buff and reducing Armor Rating by 666.67 for 5.50 seconds.
    Special 2 - Corkscrew – Surrounded by anti-gravitons, Black Bolt flies into his opponents, forcing them back with multiple strikes.
    • This attack consumes up to 5 Persistent Charges. Each Persistent Charge consumed inflicts an Armor Break debuff on his opponent, removing 1 Armor Up buff and reducing Armor Rating by 833.35 for each Armor Up buff removed for 12.50 seconds.
    I like the True Strike specials, and I especially like how, since they're tied into the sig, they reward skillful play. Though, if I may recommend, maybe the Sp2 could consume less charges? 3 max? I could not be seeing how quickly the charges build, but losing up to half of them in one special for a big armor break just sounds like you're gimping yourself a bit too much for your next fight, and unless it's a boss node or I'm just playing recklessly, I don't see myself wanting to lose half of my Master Blow damage bonuses. I like the concept of short-term reward, long term detriment, but I think it seems a bit too punishing. That's just me, though.
    Bodhizen said:

Special 3 - Hypersonic Whisper – Black Bolt's power is so immense that a mere whisper is enough to send his enemies into submission.

• If Black Bolt's Signature Ability is unlocked, this attack generates 1 Persistent Charge.
    • This attack consumes up to 100 Electron counters. Each Electron counter consumed increases the amount of time the opponent is Stunned for by +0.02 seconds.
    I like the Sp3, especially because I like long stuns. But, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't 100 Electron counters impossible because they convert to PVs at 100 stacks? Or does the technically activate at the 101st stack?
    Bodhizen said:

SYNERGIES:
    Cosmic Supremacy
    Family
    • With Karnak or Medusa
    Friends
    • With Cyclops (New Xavier School), Cyclops (Blue Team), Spider-Man (Classic), Spider-Man (Symbiote), Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), or Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)
    Given the nature of the MCU characters being taken from the MCU universe, I'd argue that those MCU Spider-Men wouldn't belong in this synergy
    Bodhizen said:

All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.

Nemesis
    • With Kang
    Rivals
    Inhuman Royal Family
    • With Medusa
    • Black Bolt: Once per fight, when Master Blow has been used, Black Bolt has a 50% chance to instantly gain a Persistent Charge.
    • Inhuman Royal Family: +25% Attack at the start of the fight if Medusa, Black Bolt and Karnak are together in a team
    Infnity Foes
    • Black Bolt: Gain 1 additional Electron counter when successfully landing Medium and Heavy Attacks.
    • Cull Obsidian: The final strike of Special Attack 2 Stuns for an additional 2 seconds.
    • Corvus Glaive: New Mission - Downed Defenses: Knockout a Champion while you have no permanent Glaive charges. Once this mission is complete, your Heavy attacks only consume 1 Glaive charge instead of 3, though all hits are still Critical hits if you have any Glaive charges remaining.
    Good otherwise as far as synergies go, but I really don't think Corvus needs a 5th mission. He's already good enough as is haha
    Bodhizen said:
    Overall a wonderful rework! Goes to show that you don't need to write an essay to make a decent champ anymore, props to you all around! A couple of things I would change, though

- I like the sig ability, but it's really a "make or break" for this version of Black Bolt. If it were me, I'd try to incorporate Master Blow into his base kit, and add the sig ability to enhance it. For example, I'd put the fury in the base kit, but keep the cruelty in the sig ability. Something simple like that

- His specials almost seem to not be worth using until you're really into the fight and built up. Personally, I like using my specials (which is a large reason why I never much loved Wolverine). I feel like that'd be mitigated, like I said earlier, by easing the costs special attacks have associated with them even by just a small bit. As it stands, synergy included, one fully charged special 2 eats up about 200 banked hits worth of PVs. I just don't feel like I'd want to get rid of that because of all the time it'd take to get it back. Though I do feel like that's a personal thing for me, because I want to use my specials often. If that was part of the point, then you can just take this point as a "me critique"

I've been meaning to hop back in on this, but I've just been forgetting to and putting it off. Critiquing this, though, has reminded me how much I love this little pocket of the community. Great stuff!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Bodhizen said:

It's time to take a look at the King of the Inhumans, Black Bolt!

Really nice actually, Bodhizen! I was thinking some of what Whododo had said; particularly about consuming Persistent Charges (PCs) on his SP2.

I can think of an easy fix, though:
    If launched after landing a fourth light attack, the SP2 consumes PCs. If landed after a medium attack, it doesn't. Simple, and controllable!

I like the Master Blow effect; and given that it's only going to affect a single blow (which can't be the SP3) and take a lot of work, I don't think the big numbers are too excessive. There are a lot of defenders with the likes of Ice Armour or Protection Shielding who can deal with it, anyway.

I'd change the Sig; which you describe as generating Infinite duration passive Fury buffs, and remove the word passive:

1 - Cosmic champions generally make buffs, not Passives.
    2 - This does give him a weakness vs Mystics which is entirely appropriate. You can throw in a respawn if nullified statement like Vulture's, if you want.
    3 - Being Poison immune whilst producing permanent Fury buffs can occasionally come in handy... Caustic temper paths, anyone?

@Whododo872 and @Magrailothos,

Thank you both for the review!

To address your concern about the "big numbers", Whododo872, whenever a 4-Star Corvus Glaive (as an example) completes a mission and gains a Persistent Charge, he gains a flat +3000 Critical Damage, and the missions cannot be removed. So... At 4 Missions, he gains +12,000 Critical Damage... On all 20-30 of his Glaive charges, and those refresh periodically throughout the fight (depending on how many are used and how long the fight lasts). So, this version of Black Bolt can gain up to +15,000 Critical Damage on a single blow once (or possibly a handful of times) per fight, while Corvus Glaive can gain up to +12,000 Critical Damage on 20-30 blows each fight. I felt that it was a very modest benefit by comparison.

Canonically, Black Bolt's use of his Master Blow taxes his ability to employ the energy to its full power for a short time. So... He's got to build back up to it mechanically in this rebuild. Canonically, he's also really, really resistant to Fatigue toxins, so I thought about adding that in as an immunity as well... But left it out so as not to overload him with "new goodies". Given the nature of his rebuild, though, I should probably add it in. It's a modest benefit that allows him to really take advantage of that Master Blow mechanic.

You're right, that Ice Armor and Protection Shielding (or Safeguard nodes) are going to reduce the effectiveness of the Master Blow. Upon refection, I think that because it's way less powerful than other Crit-building abilities, perhaps he should be able to ignore (or reduce the effectiveness) of such protective measures.

As for the Special 2 attack, you're both probably right that it should consume fewer Persistent Charges. The benefit to it consuming as many as it does is a counter to Champions like Colossus or Iron Man (Infinity War) that have abilities that depend upon how many Armor Up buffs they have active. Five Persistent Charges is a lot, but it would also strip off up to 5 Armor Up buffs. So... It's something to consider. I do like the idea of not consuming the Persistent Charges to inflict Armor Breaks just to control whether or not you're going to use them up. That's going in the next redesign.

I'll fix the wording on Special 3 (or in the signature ability). You're right that it can't consume 100 Electron counters as they'd have already converted into a Persistent charge.

With regard to the Passive Fury buffs, I like your solution of them respawning a la Vulture, so I'll include that in the next redesign.

Thank you both, and best wishes!

BASE STATISTICS:

Black Bolt is capable of directing quantities of unknown particles to create controlled phenomena, enhancing his physical strength beyond his normal limits and channeling all the available energy he has into one arm for a single, massively powerful punch called the Master Blow!
    • Black Bolt gains +1 Electron counter for every light attack he makes or takes.
    • Black Bolt gains +4 Electron counters for every medium attack he makes or takes.
    • Black Bolt gains +9 Electron counters for every heavy attack he makes or takes.
    • Upon reaching 101 Electron counters, Black Bolt gains a Persistent Charge, and his Electron counters reset to zero. He can have up to 10 Persistent Charges.
    • Black Bolt starts the fight with a number of indefinite duration Fury buffs equal to his Persistent Charge. Each Fury buff increases his Attack Rating by 10%. If these Buffs are removed for any reason, they will refresh themselves after 4.50 seconds.
    • If Black Bolt holds and charges a Heavy Attack for 1.50 seconds, he converts all of his Fury buffs into a single Master Blow buff that increases his Critical Damage by 1500 per Fury Buff. His next successful hit is guaranteed to be a Critical hit. Once this hit lands, his Persistent Charge is reset to 0. Black Bolt's Critical Damage on his Master Blow cannot be reduced in any way.

ABILITIES:
    Inhuman Immunities (Passive): An enhanced immune system provides full immunity to Fatigue, and full immunity to the Poisons of the Battlerealm.
    Particle Manipulation: Black Bolt generates +1 Electron counter per second. He gains +50 Energy Resistance for each Electron counter he has. (Max: 101 Electron Counters)
    Well-Timed Blocks: Well-timed blocks have a 100% chance to reduce all damage from Energy-based and Projectile Attacks to 0. Additionally, he can use the Parry Mastery against any basic attack, stunning opponents even if their attack is projectile based.

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    • If this Special Attack is launched following the fourth Light attack of a Combo, this attack consumes up to 5 Persistent Charges. Each Persistent Charge consumed inflicts an Armor Break debuff on his opponent, removing 1 Armor Up buff and reducing Armor Rating by 833.35 for each Armor Up buff removed for 12.50 seconds.
    • 100% chance to Stun for 4.50 seconds.

SYNERGIES:
    Cosmic Supremacy
    Family
    • With Karnak or Medusa
    Friends
    • All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    Nemesis
    • With Kang
    Rivals
    Inhuman Royal Family
    • With Medusa
    Infnity Foes
    Secret Warriors
    • With Namor
    • Black Bolt: Well-Timed Blocks grant +2 Electron counters.
    • Namor: Special Attacks have an additional +10% chance to inflict Bleed or Stun debuffs.

1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Falcon
    6. War Machine
    7. Superior Iron Man
    8. Black Panther
    9. King Groot
    11. Karnak
    12. Iron Patriot
    13. Hulkbuster
    16. Storm

Some slight rearrangement of his abilities to round him out a bit and give him some more utility without requiring his Signature Ability for everything. If you have any constructive criticisms, let me know in a follow-up post! Thanks, and best wishes!
    Looks good, @Bodhizen.
    edited February 2020

Looks good, @Bodhizen.

I concur, I think it looks very nice, not OP but definitely usable. I haven't heard of Black Bolt's "Master Blow" before, but I think it's a great idea, since it'll definitely take a while to charge back up to its full potential. Electron counters seem fairly balanced, since they're not too easy to get but not too difficult either. I can see some unique combos being thrown around with him, so that's nice.

My only two questions would be - are the first four lines of the sig meant to be in the sig, or should they instead be a part of the base kit (it seems a little pointless to lock additional, controllable methods of getting EC's behind awakening?), and could you potentially make a special attack a Master Blow (because that's gotta hurt, big-time)?

Fairly minor, but it could end up making a big difference in the end. Anyways, overall, it's great, as always! (Would be nice if someone reviewed my Gambit, :smile: ) But until next time, ...!

Looks good, @Bodhizen.

I concur, I think it looks very nice, not OP but definitely usable. I haven't heard of Black Bolt's "Master Blow" before, but I think it's a great idea, since it'll definitely take a while to charge back up to its full potential. Electron counters seem fairly balanced, since they're not too easy to get but not too difficult either. I can see some unique combos being thrown around with him, so that's nice.

My only two questions would be - are the first four lines of the sig meant to be in the sig, or should they instead be a part of the base kit (it seems a little pointless to lock additional, controllable methods of getting EC's behind awakening?), and could you potentially make a special attack a Master Blow (because that's gotta hurt, big-time)?

Fairly minor, but it could end up making a big difference in the end. Anyways, overall, it's great, as always! (Would be nice if someone reviewed my Gambit, :smile: ) But until next time, ...!
    In my current revision, Black Bolt gains an Electron counter once per second. After 1:41 into the fight, he's got full Electron counters. With one of the Synergies listed, he can grab a few more, and they're mostly used for Energy Resistance and to give additional benefits to his Special Attacks. With his Signature Ability, he can gain them even faster, and they're going to go up and down a bit more often, so yes... Those lines were meant to be in the Signature Ability. The Signature Ability gives him use of his Special Attack extra benefits more often, plus the Persistent Charges that power his Master Blow.

Without his Signature Ability unlocked, he gains his full Electron counter allotment at 1:41 into the fight. With his Signature Ability unlocked, he can to full allotment with either 9-11 Heavy Attacks (depending upon how fast you land them), or by the end of his 8th or 9th Combo (depending on how fast he pulls off his Combos), but then they're going to reset as they convert to Persistent Charges. The Master Blow is going to be really useful in long fights, and it's still going to pack a pretty hefty wallop in short fights as well. It'll be less useful in Alliance Quest or Alliance War, where there won't likely be enough time to build up to full potential in a single fight, and then it'll take some ramping up to get it back again. Save your Master Blow for mini-bosses and the end Boss.

Could you make a Special Attack a Master Blow? Yes, absolutely. You set up the Master Blow, and the next successful hit uses the Ability. That could make his Special Attacks particularly devastating if you time it right. It also means that you could potentially chain weaker Master Blows by only using Special Attack 3, since Special Attack 3 generates one Persistent Charge, but successive SP3's are not going to hit much harder than Scarlet Witch could with her SP2. It's a very hard hit, but nothing ridiculous.

Thanks for the insights! I really appreciate working with you all to redesign Champions (and I hope that Kabam finds inspiration here to rebuild older, out of date Champions with greater frequency than they have so far).

Best wishes, all!
    edited February 2020

(Would be nice if someone reviewed my Gambit, :smile: ) But until next time, ...!

Well, if you insist...

First thoughts: this looks fun (must revisit my Gambit rework some time! It was a long time ago, and I didn't put in half the effort you did)

I think maybe there's a spelling mistake in his Kinetic charges: "However, Gambit can only focus so much energy at once, and loses one Kinetic Energy charge every 0 seconds. This rate is increased by up to 6 seconds the higher Gambit's Power Meter is.". That would make it easier to maintain them at high Power Levels - at zero power he loses them instantly; and at full power they persist for six seconds. I think that wasn't what you intended?

Maybe your intention might be better expressed along the lines "However, Gambit can only focus so much energy at once, and loses one Kinetic Energy charge every 10 seconds. This time is reduced by up to 6 seconds the higher Gambit's Power Meter is."

Aside from that, I really like it. Versatile, interesting, fun...

I like the specials and their effects; although if the kinetic charges are affecting the duration, potency and ability accuracy you should make it clear.

The only thing I'd add would be to the Heavy attack - you can stack 10 kinetic charges, but only 5 Prowess. What happens to the left-over energy? Why not "Any excess kinetic charges are consumed as a burst of Physical damage equal to 25% of the damage inflicted by the Heavy attack" or something like that?

I suppose if you had ten, you could Heavy, Special, Heavy to regain Prowess; but I kind of think consuming them for extra damage immediately is more Gambit's style.

Oh, BTW: It's not really relevant, but let's not forget the original Heal Reversal champ, Guillotine. If you wanted anything to review...
    Thanks, @Magrailothos , and you're right, I did make a typo, my bad. That's supposed to say every 9 seconds, my bad entirely. And I like the idea of excess kinetic charges providing extra burst damage, that's something I hadn't considered. Thank you! And I'll take a look at Guillotine, certainly.

First thought: Probably going to have to cap that 2% total HP damage from Bladethirst, the same way Loki's SP2 damage is capped. I love the idea of % based damage for Guilly, because Souls are quite difficult to get against higher HP opponents, but I think realistically that damage is always going to be capped. If you put it at a cap of maybe 100k damage, which, iirc, is what Loki's SP2 is capped at right now, that's still really powerful in LoL/AoL without being free kills.
    Second thought: couldn't you just make Spectre a passive effect, like Mysterio's Heal Block? That'd bypass shrugging off in the same way, except it wouldn't trigger willpower, so I suppose if you really want that extra damage...
    A few other loose thoughts: Stagger is nice, True Accuracy is meta-relevant and a good ability without being too OP, and I like the incorporation of a weakness against Soulless opponents. Doc Strange synergy makes Life Steal reliable, which is always nice, but I'd add a cooldown - maybe 5-8 seconds?
    My main concern would be how Guillotine's current synergies factor into this, since, if you have them all, they make her pretty good as is. I'm sure that said preexisting synergies can be tuned down a little a la Emma Frost-Colossus synergy, so it should be alright. Overall, though, I like it! It's not overly complicated, but it's certainly meta-relevant in more than one way.
    So there are my thoughts on your Guilly rework. Let me know if there are any other champions that haven't been done here that y'all'd be interested in seeing, and until next time!

Guillotine

Guillotine is a very simple-to-use (i.e. old) mystic champion; who used to have a unique niche role; thanks to her ability to reverse healing. There are now other champions who can do this better, for longer (so much so that Kabam have invented new nodes specifically to prevent healing reversal!); making her significantly less desirable.
    Aside from that one bit of utility, she does respectable critical and bleed damage, and not a lot else until she's Awakened; at which point she gains a bit of Life Steal for additional questing durability. She can't nullify buffs, she doesn't power control, and aside from her short-lived (ten seconds) heal-reversal, she doesn't have any actual utility at all. And yet... in the Story quest (Act 4), she's the Collectors 'Secret Agent'... In the monthly Event quest storylines, she seems genuinely important to, and respected by, Dr Strange... She's feared by the symbiotes like Venom... She's got an ancient, intelligent magic sword - shouldn't she have more to offer than this?

I think she should have more to offer; and as a Kabam original character, her abilities can be changed far more flexibly than one of Marvel's own champions (where there will be practical limitations on how they can be adapted for MCOC)... Yes, you could easily argue that there are other champs who need a re-work more; but here's a version of Guillotine who could provide a little more versatility to her questing team, and possibly justify the respect she gets in the story quests:

I agree with you that Guillotine is a Champion that used to have a niche role that is done better, longer, and more effectively by newer Champions. She's definitely in need of some love and attention.

Guillotine

Health 14,026
    Attack 1214

Signature:
    Guillotine gains the ability to steal health from her opponents. The chance is 10% on basic attacks; rising to 20% on critical hits and special attacks.
    The amount of health she steals is 40% of the damage inflicted, per four soul shards she possesses. Minimum of 40% health steal regardless of her current soul count.
    Additionally, the duration of her Spectre effect is increased by up to 40%
    Not much change to her Sig, aside it now granting a short boost to the duration of her heal-reversing Spectre ability.

This is going to keep Guillotine in the fight a lot longer, and I like it. However, this ability reads a little clunky. She steals 40% of the damage inflicted per four soul shards (so 10% per soul shard), and she steals a minimum of 40%, regardless of how many soul shards she has. Was there a reason not to make this 10% per soul shard (minimum 40%)? If you're going to revamp the character, cleaning up the language or streamlining the ability is not out of order. Her Specter effect only triggers on SP2, if I'm reading this correctly, so the benefit is only granted to her heal-reversal. I'll get into why I bring this up later on.

You're right that it's not much of a change to her current Signature, and I think that you may be missing an opportunity here.

Soul Harvest:
    Guillotine's sword collects soul shards as it causes damage to her opponents. She starts the match with four soul shards.

For each 6% of their Maximum health taken in damage by her opponent, Guillotine gains a soul shard. This ability does not function against Robots or Dimensional Beings.

Although it can't absorb soul energy from the soulless, La Fleur De Mal takes power wherever it can: any bleed damage suffered by Guillotine also feeds soul shards to the sword, as if it were health lost by her opponent. Non-bleed damage does not have this effect.

However they are gained, soul shards expire after ten seconds.
    Changes here will have the effect of making Guillotine quite a lot less effective against Robots, but are intended to reflect the nature of her life-draining sword; which shouldn't work particularly well on the unliving. Whilst robots are a problem for her, Guillotine does become have some new tricks for taking on mystical opponents, as you'll see below...

So far, this doesn't particularly impress. She gets some soul shards if she's taking Bleed damage, which is nice. If she has Bleed immunity (such as that granted by a Node or Global buff), then this benefit is lost, and that's a shame.

Soul Empowerments

• Each soul shard grants Guillotine +60 Critical Damage Rating.
    • As long as she has at least one soul, La Fleur De Mal's thirst for blood grants Guillotine True Accuracy whilst her opponent is bleeding.
    • Mystical Armour: La Fleur De Mal protects it's wielder with a permanent Armour Up effect. Whilst active, this reduces the offensive ability accuracy of Cosmic and Mystic opponents by 30%. The Armour Up effect grants a basic +200 Armour, then each soul shard further increases her armour by +25, and her protection against offensive abilities by a flat +2%
    Guillotine always had armour; but I've given it a Civil Warrior-type upgrade against offensive abilities, and changed it into an Armour Up effect rather than a passive (useful to have actual armour against certain opponents, like Havok. Less beneficial against Medusa or Dr Strange...)
    How many soul shards can Guillotine go up to? The Critical Damage rating is less than she was getting before, but the fact that she loses a soul shard every 10 seconds means that she's constantly losing the best abilities that she gets, since most everything is dependent upon those soul shards. That's been the problem with Guillotine since her inception... The fact that she's constantly losing instead of building up to something (or hitting plateaus, as some abilities that convert to Persistent charges or permanent Passive buffs do).

True Accuracy is always nice, and the Armor Up is also cool... But the Ability Accuracy reduction against Cosmic and Mystic Champions means that she is less likely to gain soul shards if Champions like Drax or Gamora make her bleed. That actually makes the benefit described in the previous quote less useful, don't you think?

Now let's say that Guillotine manages to acquire 20 soul shards. That means that she's got +700 Armor (not too shabby), and +50% Ability Accuracy reduction against Cosmic and Mystic Opponents' offensive abilities. That sounds pretty nice, but it keeps on falling off, and she's got to inflict 6% of the opponent's maximum Health in damage to keep grabbing another soul shard (or take bleed damage herself). Against weak opponents, she won't be able to take advantage of those soul shards quickly enough (because they'll be dead), and against really strong opponents (such as bosses in Alliance Quest and Alliance War, or Labyrinth/Abyss of Legends opponents), she'll have to work much harder to gain those soul shards. That's part of what holds her back right now. Labyrinth Maestro has 3,386,998 hit points. 6% of that is 203,220 hit points. Is she going to cause that much damage in 10 seconds? She'll be losing soul shards faster than she can gain them and will go back and forth between 1 soul shard and none.

As a thought, I might recommend that she has to inflict a certain percentage of her own attack value to gain a soul shard (making her weaker toward opponents that are weaker than she is, but stronger toward opponents that are far more powerful than she is). You could set it at 750% of her Base Attack value. A 4-star Rank 5/50 Guillotine has a Base Attack value of 1216. Dealing 9120 damage to gain a soul shard isn't horrendous, and it gives her a chance to accumulate soul shards faster than they may fall off, since 9120 damage over 10 seconds isn't unreasonable at that point.

If that was the threshold, you could potentially gain (and lose) 371 soul shards over the course of a fight with Ex. Maestro, which is a lot, so you may want to play around with the numbers to find something that fits right.

All Attacks:
    Critical hits have a 60% chance to inflict bleed for 1108 damage over six seconds.
    Dimensional beings are not affected by bleed (even if they could be), but instead are afflicted with degeneration of equal intensity and duration. This mystical ability does not affect robots or other characters who are immune to bleed.
    Slightly more frequent bleeds, that are longer but less intense. This shouldn't mean much increase in her overall bleed damage; but will enable more up-time on her (new) True Accuracy ability.
    Her sword also now gains a new way to cause significant harm to the soulless dimensional beings; many of whom do not bleed anyway - La Fleur De Mal can't harvest their souls, but will kill them if it can!

Some language cleanup is needed here. "Critical Hits have a 60% chance to inflict 1108 Bleed damage over 6.0 seconds. Champions immune to Bleed debuffs instead Degenerate 1108 over 6.0 seconds. This Ability has no effect upon Robot Champions." Having it have no effect upon Bleed-immune Champions means that the Degeneration effect would never trigger. Dormammu (a dimensional being) is not a robot, but is Bleed immune. Colossus is also Bleed immune. I don't think that your intention was to exempt those types of Champions from Guillotine's Abilities. However, I do find it somewhat odd that mostly Tech Champions resist her Abilities, rather than Science Champions (who she has class disadvantage against). Perhaps that's something to consider?

Special Attacks
    Special-1:
    If it hits, this overhead blow consumes one soul shard to inflict Stagger for eight seconds, removing the next buff that would have activated. Against Cosmic champions, the duration is increased by 50% and all buffs that would have activated simultaneously are Staggered.
    Guillotine is currently the only Mystic champion with zero ability to nullify buffs. Surely that has to change, at least a little! Plus her SP1 doesn't have any additional effects at present; so she's taking a leaf out of Juggernaut's book with this ability, which seems to fit the skull-cracking nature of her SP1

Special-2: Consume two soul shards to place a Spectral curse on the opponent for ten seconds, which reverses the effects of any active regeneration effects. Spectre also reduces the ability accuracy of Tenacity, Masochism and other 'shrug-off' abilities by 100% whilst it is active.
    I've boosted Spectre's effects here, to take account of the defensive debuff-removal abilities that didn't exist when she was created. Spectre now can't be readily removed; and prevents removal of her bleeds at the same time. It remains a debuff though, so will still trigger effects like Willpower. And it only shuts down Masochism for ten seconds, so although this will be useful, it's not exactly game-breaking...

Special-3: Consume all soul shards to inflict additional Direct damage on the opponent equal to 2% of their Total health per soul charge.
    After this attack, which exhausts all her souls, Guillotine gains a Bladethirst buff which lasts for five seconds plus 0.5 seconds per soul shard consumed. During this time, La Fleur De Mal's hunger for souls grants Guillotine +500 Critical Rating, +50% Ability Accuracy on bleed effects, and each Critical hit has a 10% chance to drain 2% of the opponent's total health. The Bladethirst effect will end early if/when Guillotine has recovered a total of two soul shards.
    Throwing an SP3 remains a very effective option when you're ahead in a fight; but it was always much less effective if you were behind, or against an opponent with a large health pool (and therefore, low on souls). Now there is a seriously useful after-effect; as La Fleur De Mal tries to claw back some of its power. This means that an SP3 can be very useful if you're against a more powerful opponent with a high Health pool.

Here's where I think you may be missing some opportunities. Only Special 2 makes any use of the Specter, and Special 1 and 3 could easily trigger effects based upon how many soul shards Guillotine possesses at the time of activation.

Nullification is certainly appropriate to grant to Guillotine's power set, and she should definitely have it. An 8.0 second Stagger is pretty decent (12.0 against Cosmic Champions). But, that's the only thing that SP1 grants? I think that you miss an opportunity to grant her some greater utility here, since her Ability set is fairly limited as-is.

Special 2's ability to nix Tenacity, Masochism, and other "shrug off" abilities is an excellent addition to that Special's benefit. But, against Champions that do not heal... there is no benefit. Perhaps something else should be added in to prevent this benefit from being so niche?

The Bladethirst is very cool, but it ends early if she gains a couple of soul shards? It's probably going to end early frequently with that increase in Crit Rating combined with the health drain. I suspect this benefit is going to need a bit of revision. Just something to think about.

Synergies
    Doctor Strange
    - Blood and Magic): Unique synergy -

• With training from the sorcerer supreme, Guillotine learns to dash back and hold block for 2 seconds, consuming a soul shard to activate a Life Steal buff. Thr buff lasts for seven seconds; although the duration is paused until the next successful hit. The Life Steal effect heals her for 40% of her Attack on attacks. She can activate this ability once per fight.
    • Dr Strange gains +50% Potency on all Life Steal and Power Steal effects*
    *You may think Dr Strange doesn't have any Power Steal effects. This version does!

Venom - Symbiote Slayer (Unique Synergy, does not stack):
    • Guillotine gains a passive +30% Attack and +300 Critical Rating against Symbiotes
    • Venom's Klyntar buff refreshes 25% faster against Symbiotes and Spiderverse opponents.
    The Synergies are fine, but overall, I think that your revision doesn't add as much as you think it does to her kit. I think that greater use of Spectral or Phantasmal abilities is warranted, that soul shards shouldn't be dependent upon an opponent's percentages (which seriously weakens her against far more powerful opponents), and that there should be some sort of "plateau" mechanic to allow Guillotine to build up some sort of a buffer against constant soul shard falloff.

I'm interested to see what you could do with another swing at this. I'm interested to take my own swing, but I don't want to steal your thunder here.

Best wishes!
  • RedminotaurRedminotaur Posts: 13
    Would be cool if kabam updated all the old champions synergy, Especially popular ones like Hyperion, Scarlett witch, Hulk, Ultron, Etc. I Would like to see Doctor Doom and Scarlett Witch have a synergy called Our hidden secret. Dr.Doom and Ultron Synergy called rewritten Program. Comic book History; During Secret Wars Dr.Doom reprogrammed Ultron. Dr.Doom also had a love interest with Scarlett Witch.
    Thanks! Kabam for making Doctor Doom awesome!!!!
  • Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
    Bodhizen said:

Here's a retooled Storm. (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)

Rationale: Storm has almost no utility, has very little defensive capabilities, and while her Special Attack 2 can give a pretty good jolt, she's just not that much fun to play. With the addition of cold-based debuffs in the game, Storm should have been granted access to those powers. She's lackluster, and no Champion in the game deserves to be lackluster, even if they don't all deserve to be God-tier Champions. Canonically, Storm has power over the natural elements, telepathic resistance, magical potential, divine potential, and tactical training. At least some of those elements should be incorporated into her Contest of Champions character.

Signature Ability - Goddess of the Storm:
    Becoming an avatar of the elements, Storm's power rises to new heights!

• Whenever Storm's opponent has 1 or more Shock, Poison, or Coldsnap debuffs active on them and Storm activates a Special Attack, the attack inflicts Power Burn, converting up to 33% of the opponent's Max power into direct damage. If this attacks reduces the enemy to zero Power Meter, Storm gains a Power Gain buff, gaining 3% of her total Power Meter per active Shock, Poison, or Coldsnap debuff on her opponent over 7.0 seconds. If Storm is knocked down while gaining Power this way, this effect ends immediately.
    ABILITIES:
    Elemental Resistance (Passive): Storm reduces the damage of Shocks by 90%. While suffering from a Shock Debuff, her Special Damage is increased by 30%.
    Atmokinesis (Passive): Storm uses her mutant powers to manipulate the weather. By dashing back and holding block for 0.9 seconds, Storm is able to change modes:
    • Lightning Mode: Whenever Storm ends a Combo with a light attack, that attack has a 60% chance to inflict a Shock debuff that deals 1824 Energy damage over 4.0 seconds. Additionally, all Special Attacks have a +10% chance to Shock Storm's opponent.
    • Acid Rain Mode: On a successful hit, all of Storm's basic attacks have a 9% chance of inflicting a Poison debuff dealing 483.6 direct damage over 6.0 seconds.
    • Arctic Wind Mode: Storm's special attacks gain a +65% chance to inflict a Coldsnap debuff, dealing 4030 Energy damage over 18.0 seconds. Opponents under a Coldsnap cannot Evade attacks.
    Tempest (Passive): Each time Storm triggers a Shock effect on an opponent with an active Coldsnap or Poison effect that she caused, they are combined, converting into a Tempest charge, lasting 15.0 seconds.
    • Tempest charges do 2579.2 damage over their duration.
    • Tempest charges are a Passive effect, and therefore do not count as either a debuff, a Shock, a Poison, or a Coldsnap.
    Heavy Attacks: Using a sharp gust of wind, Storm's heavy attacks push her opponent back, even if the heavy attack is resisted.

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    Special 1 - Lightning Strike – Storm channels ambient electromagnetic energy into a single strike.
    • 70% chance to inflict up to 3 Shock debuffs upon your opponent, each dealing 1074.7 Energy damage over 6.0 seconds.
    Special 2 - Gale – A gust of frigid wind and a blast of lightning send the opponent flying.
    • 80% chance to inflict up to 4 Shock debuffs upon your opponent, each dealing 1074.7 direct damage over 6.0 seconds.
    Special 2 - Tempest – Storm channels the wrath of nature into a relentless tempest of freezing wind, acid rain, and lightning that assaults her opponent.
    • 95% chance to inflict up to 2 Shock debuffs, 2 Poison debuffs, and 2 Coldsnap debuffs upon her opponent, each dealing 1074.7 damage over 6.0 seconds. Opponents under a Coldsnap cannot Evade attacks.
    SYNERGIES:
    • Magical Potential: with Magik or Scarlet Witch: Storm: Opponents do not gain power whenever Storm lands a Special Attack. Magik: Limbo lasts an additional 1.0 seconds. Scarlet Witch: Special Attack 3 has a 100% chance to inflict a Heal Reversal effect upon the opponent for 6.0 seconds. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Enemies: with Magneto or Magneto (Marvel Now!): All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Battlefield Commanders: with Cyclops (New Xavier School) or Cyclops (Blue Team): All Mutant Heroes gain +7% Attack. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Teammates: with Nightcrawler, Colossus, or Wolverine: All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.
    • Thermal Variance: with Human Torch, Sunspot, or Iceman: Storm: Whenever the opponent of Storm is immune to Coldsnap, they’re inflicted with a Slow Debuff for 4.0 seconds reducing the Ability Accuracy of Unstoppable and Evade effects by 100%. Human Torch: Increases his Power Gain by 5% from all sources while his opponent is under the effects of an Incinerate debuff. Sunspot: Reduces the potency of Damage Over Time debuffs placed upon him by 15%. Iceman: When Iceman's Ice Armor is shattered, it reforms 3.0 seconds faster. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Gods of Thunder: with Thor, Thor (Jane Foster), or Thor (Ragnarok): Storm, Thor, Thor (Jane Foster), and Thor (Ragnarok) gain +8% potency and duration on Shock and Stun debuffs they inflict upon their opponents. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Wakanda Forever: with Black Panther or Black Panther (Civil War): Storm: When below 30% health, Storm gains +1000 Physical Resistance. Black Panther: Each time a Bleed debuff fails to trigger, Black Panther gains a Fury buff, increasing his attack by 6% for 8.50 seconds. Black Panther (Civil War): Increases the amount of damage stored by 1% when in his Reflective state. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • PREVIOUS REVISIONS (minus Champions that Kabam has already revised):
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Falcon
    6. War Machine
    7. Superior Iron Man
    8. Black Panther
    9. King Groot
    11. Karnak
    12. Iron Patriot
    13. Hulkbuster
    Mate!! I would love that Storm.
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for the feedback @Bodhizen and @Whododo872. Certainly some valid points.

I may take a look at Guilly again. On the other hand, given some of her synergy buffs, maybe I don't need to!

I had a play with her in ROL the other day utilising the available synergies with Morningstar, Gamora, and Ronin; which help her harvest and maintain souls.

Using a 2/35 Awakened Guilly, she finishes WS in about five minutes and <300 hits; building souls relentlessly and finishing with an SP3 for >50% of his health. Which I reckon is pretty impressive for an 'old' champ at only 2/35.

• MaesterAegonMaesterAegon Posts: 63
    Sentry:

Immunity:
    Incinerate, placing incineration on Sentry boosts his attacks

Molecular Reformation
    At the Start of a fight, Reality Warps persist with Sentry from the previous fight.

Reality Warp
    At the start of a fight and after every 20 Hits in a Combo, Sentry gains a Reality Warp. Reality Warps stack up to 6 max. Reality Warps are used as a multiplier for his abilities.

Steadfast Approach: 100% chance on entering this State.

SP1: 60% chance to incinerate, 40% chance to power burn
    edited February 2020
    Silver Surfer

Make Aptitude Buff stackable up to Max 2.

Vigilance Buff should also cause evade fail
    Passive:

Silver Surfer takes -100% damage from Coldsnap, Incinerate, and Shock Debuffs. Each stack of these Debuffs count as a Unique Buff for any of Silver Surfer's abilities.
    Each hit deals a Burst of 136.5 Energy Damage for each Unique Buff. This scales with modified attack.

Thanos

Signature Ability: Nigh-Invulnerability
    Once per fight when the Mad Titan is struck by a blow that would knock him out, Thanos immediately becomes invulnerable for X seconds (1 second per buff active), and regenerates 5% Health per Buff. His buffs gain an increase of 25% potency.

Abilities
    Bionic Amplification (Passive):
    Thanos has a Bionic Amplification Buff that refreshes every 10 seconds. When this effect activates, a random Buff is gained from the list below. Maximum 10 Buffs each.
    Resist Physical: 20% increased Physical Resistance
    Resist Energy: 20% increased Energy Resistance
    Resist Critical: 20% increased Critical Resistance
    Cosmic Energy Manipulation (Passive):
    This Champion begins the fight with 15% Max Power.
    Whenever Thanos uses Special Attacks he immediately regains 15% Max Power
    Eternal Physiology (Passive):
    Eternal physiology grants immunity to all known poisons within the Battlerealm.
    Thanos Armor (Passive):
    The Mad Titan's Armor gives special attack resistance of up to 20% damage reduction.

When Struck by Basic Attacks: 15% chance to Armor Up, increasing Armor Rating by 20% for 5.5 seconds.
    All Attacks: 10% chance for Fury, increasing Attack by 30% for 6.5 seconds.
    Special Attacks: 100% chance for Heal Block lasting 9.5 seconds.

Special Attacks
    Special 1: Obliterate – Two rapid and devastating cosmic blasts from the Mad Titan soften up his opponent.
    Converts 50% of Physical Resistance buffs to Armor Break for 5 seconds.
    This Special Attack deals True Damage, ignoring all of the opponent's Armor.
    Special 2: Terminate – Rage and power combine to launch Thanos' target into the air with mighty concussive blasts.
    Consumes 50% of Energy Resistance Buffs to inflict Concussion, reducing the opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 25% per Debuff converted for 10 seconds.
    50% chance of converting Critical Resistance to Cruelty
    This Special Attack deals True Damage, ignoring all of the opponent's Armor.
    Special 3: Exterminate – With a heavy heart, Thanos prepares to introduce his foe to his one true love.
    100% Chance to Stun your opponent for 5 seconds

Deadpool X-Force

DPX is pretty much bottom of the barrel in the mutant class; and one of the worst pulls in the six-star crystal. If he wasn't part of Nick Fury's best synergy team he'd be totally useless. No real skills, no effects apart from a low-level bleed; and no actual special abilities till he's 70% dead...

I've revisited an old rework, aiming to give him just a few canon-friendly tricks without making him overpowered.
    No reskin required, although I'd want to give him full-time swords like Kabam did for Drax aeons ago. Still no regeneration though - at least in the comics, he didn't have regeneration during his X-Force phase...

That's right! Full-time swords! I always wondered how I made people bleed by punching them anyway, just because I had silver stars. And hey! What ya mean, bottom of the barrel? You ****ing ****! You think Cyclops is more effective than me?

Health 14,660

Attack 1139

Signature: When he drops below 30% health, (or if he starts a fight below 30% health) Deadpool has a 2000% chance to gain short-lived Power Gain, Fury and Cruelty passive effects. These grant up to +80% Attack, +160% Critical damage and +60% Power Gain over five seconds.

That's right - 2000%. Suck on that, Crossbones! And passive effects, so you Mystic ****s can suck it too! Ain't no-one stopping this badass from kicking ass!

Power Gain: When he drops below 60% health (or starts a fight below 60% health), Deadpool has a 1000% chance to gain a short-lived Power Gain passive, granting +30% Power Gain over four seconds.

Yeah! No more waiting till the end of the fight for this Power Gain!

If he is Awakened and starts the fight below 30% health, his Awakened ability supercedes this lesser Power Gain ability - they do not stack

Ego Power!

Deadpool gains Ego-fuelled bonuses any time he feels he's done something particularly impressive - when he lands two consecutive critical hits, when he counters an opponent's Heavy attack with his own; or when he uses Dexterity to Evade a Special Attack. Cool-down of 3 seconds. Bonuses are chosen at random from this list -
    • Gain 5% Power
    • Gain a stack of Cruelty (+150) lasting until the next critical hit. These can stack up to five.
    • Gain a Precision buff (+250) lasting five seconds. Does not stack.
    • Gain a Hit Me! buff lasting five seconds; which increases the chance of an opponent throwing a Special Attack by 50%. Does not stack.
    • Gain a Haemorrhage counter lasting until the next bleed is inflicted; which increases the duration of that bleed by 100%. Does not stack.
    • Gain a Tenacity counter granting a 60% chance to shrug off the next debuff suffered. Does not stack.

Passive: Deadpool's chaotic fighting style and thought processes make him difficult to fight, granting the following benefits:
    • Opponents suffer -250 Critical Rating and Block proficiency
    • He reduces his opponent's Autoblock and Evade chances by 50%.
    • When struck by a combo-ending basic attack, his opponents have a 30% chance to lose track of what they're doing, and reset their own combo meter to zero
    • External effects that measure Deadpool's own combo meter (such as Counter Tactics or Despair nodes) cannot count it above five
    • Sentinel gains analysis charges as though DPX were a Cosmic champion.
    • DPX is immune to Taskmaster's Exploit Weakness ability.
    Chaotic? You mean awesome! Those guys just can't keep up with my amazing fighting skills

Katana Attacks: Deadpool's heavy attack, first medium and first two light attacks and his SP2 are katana attacks.

Katana attacks that hit the opponent have +180 critical rating, and have a 20% chance to inflict bleed for 490 damage over four seconds. Bleed potency and duration are both increased by 40% when a bleed is inflicted by critical hits.

Katanas. Oh yeah. That's how you make people bleed, baby! I wonder why that hottie Psylocke doesn't make people bleed with hers?

Special Attacks

When a Special Attack would trigger an Ego Power bonus, the usual Cool-down timer does not apply.

SP1 - 75% chance to inflict 25% Weakness for eight seconds. Female and robotic characters are immune to this effect. When an opponent is affected by this Weakness debuff, Deadpool triggers one of his Ego Power bonuses.

SP2 - Instead of the usual benefits of standard Katana strikes, this whirlwind attack gains +999 critical rating, and has a 99% chance to inflict bleed for 980 damage over four seconds. If he hits the opponent, Deadpool triggers an Ego Power bonus.

SP3 - Deadpool takes a sneaky shot at his opponent with a Carbonadium bullet, bypassing 75% of their Physical Resistance and inflicting a Passive Heal Block for ten seconds. 100% chance to inflict bleed for 1220 damage over five seconds. Deadpool triggers an Ego Power bonus in celebration.

Synergies

Get into the Pool (Deadpool, Goldpool, Venompool)
    : Unique synergy:
    • Deadpool X-Force - Ego Power is more likely to trigger a Hit Me! buff (40% frequency) than other effects
    • Deadpool - If it hits, Deadpool's SP1 inflicts a Taunt debuff equivalent to Goldpool's on nonrobot male opponents.
    • Venompool - Any time Venompool successfully steals an opponents buff, they are also inflicted with a Taunt debuff equivalent to Goldpool's. Additionally, DPX loans Venompool some Carbonadium bullets, giving his SP3 the same passive Heal Block as DPX's.
    • Goldpool - Taunt debuff potency increases by 40%.

Smack-Talk Superstars (Stark-Enhanced Spiderman, Stealth-suit Spiderman): Unique Synergy
    • Sparky - Taunt debuffs last 50% longer
    • Stealthy - Using the Dexterity mastery has a 25% chance to refresh Spider-Sense, if it is on cool-down.
    • Deadpool X-Force - Hit Me! buffs are 50% more potent at 'encouraging' Special Attacks

Love me like you do (Cable): Unique synergy
    • Cable - Perpetually annoyed by Deadpool, Cable automatically triggers his Regeneration at the start of each fight. If Awakened, he triggers a Power Gain as well.
    • Deadpool X-Force - Keen to impress Cable, Deadpool gains 30% Power over four seconds at the start of the fight
    Iron Fist (reborn)

Iron Fist was hit worse by 12.0 harder than almost anyone. Once used for Legends Runs, he's now barely used at all. His abilities can actually be described in under 100 words.

His Ability to inflict damage is based around critical hits and armor break; and both were very badly impacted by the introduction of Diminishing Returns and Challenger Rating. He's absurdly out-performed by almost every other martial artist in the game.

In particular, whilst he has a reasonable ability to cause damage, he has absolutely no defensive martial arts abilities - no perfect block, no evade, no special ability to counter-attack, not even any armour (why???). Finally, with the exception of the extremely minor Nullify ability on his Heavy attack, he has no 'mystical' abilities; certainly nothing reflecting his comics-book abilities (which include healing, breaking anything, resisting mind control, calming crowds). Immortal Iron Fist is even worse off; as his armor break debuffs disappear if he takes a hit!

Suggested rework:

For this rework, I'd ideally like an animation change whilst Holding Heavy Attack: just borrow Mordo's animation of drawing energy into the fist. Yellow for regular Iron Fist; white energy for IIF; whilst changing Mordo's animation to blue or purple instead. When released, IF's Heavy attack strikes with two consecutive punches, tempo similar to CAIW (and similarly 'interruptable').

Defensive Abilities:

Iron Fist still wears no armour; however his base block proficiency is on par with CAIW.

Well-timed blocks:

On a well-timed block, Iron Fist reduces damage by an additional 15%.

Additionally, Iron Fist has a 15% chance to Deflect on a well-timed block. This rises to 30% against non-contact basic attacks.
    • Each Fury effect on the opponent increases the chance by a flat 5%
    • Each Precision effect on the opponent reduces the chance by a flat 5%
    • If the opponent is Unstoppable, this increases the chance by 10%
    Effects of Deflecting Attacks:
    • Deflected attacks deal zero damage.
    • Deflected attacks have not made contact with Iron Fist; so cannot cause negative effects.
    • Attacks may be deflected on a well-timed block even if they were initially Unblockable.
    • When an opening attack is Deflected, whilst holding block Iron Fist has an equal chance to Deflect all subsequent attacks for the duration of his opponent's combo or Special Attack.
    Deflect is a new ability for Iron Fist, representing his Martial Arts skills. It's intended to be a higher-skill counterpart to Captain America's Perfect Block ability. As he faces opponents more reliant on brute force (Fury and Unstoppable effects), he uses their own power and momentum against them to deflect their attacks. More skilled opponents (using Precision) are resistant to this. Even Unblockable attacks can be Deflected; although this ability is very unlikely to spare him the full force of a sustained Unblockable combo

Offensive abilities

Heavy Attacks:

Iron Fist Rapidly accumulates Chi passive counters whilst charging his Heavy attack (one per 0.25 seconds); max five stacks, lasting for six seconds after the Heavy attack is released. After a full second of gathering his Chi in this way, Iron Fist begins to cleanse himself of any Poison, Fatigue, Exhaustion or Weakness effects at a rate of one debuff/tick.

Chi counters increase Critical Damage by +125; and also enhance Iron Fist's Special Attacks and Critical Hits (see below).

Landing a Heavy attack has a 20% chance per Chi counter to Nullify a buff on each of the two strikes. This Nullify ability is ineffective against Regeneration buffs or against Robots.

Critical hits:

Critical hits have a 40% chance to Armour Break (-350 Armour), plus 5% flat chance per Chi counter. These armour break effects stack, and last seven seconds.

Signature ability:

Iron Fist develops increasing control over his Chi. Chi counters now last for 10 seconds; and for each Chi counter, Iron Fist gains a flat 15% resistance to Power Drain/Power Burn/Power Steal effects.

Additionally, with ever-more-intense martial training, Iron Fist gains a flat +15%to his chance to Deflect attacks.

Special attacks:

All Special Attacks gain +10% Special Damage per Chi counter.

Special-1: This attack has a bonus critical rating of +850, and each strike has a chance to cause Nullify as though it were a Heavy attack.

Special-2: This attack has a bonus critical rating of +1500, and has True Accuracy.

Special-3: 100% chance to Armour Break (-1000 Armour for nine seconds), plus 70% chance to Stun the opponent for three seconds, plus 0.5s per Chi counter.

When someone pulls a Champion from a crystal, ideally, there wouldn't be any reason to groan at what they pull. The following Champion has been needing a rework for quite some time, and so I present to you... Thor (Jane Foster). (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)

Rationale: Thor (Jane Foster) has been in the "Occasionally Useful" tier of Champions pretty much since her debut in December of 2015. She can stun Champions, but only when they're already shocked, and that requires her to pull off her Special Attacks. She can stagger opponents, which has some use. Other than that, she doesn't really have much going for her. In canon, when gifted with the power of Thor, she had superhuman strength, speed, durability, stamina, and senses. She was capable of surviving in the vacuum of space without aid. She had a healing factor capable of suppressing her cancer, and she was able to wield the power of lightning (even without Mjölnir). As a being with the power of a god, she should be somewhat closer to god-tier; at least on par with Thor or Thor (Ragnarok). There's no reason that she should be 2-3 tiers behind in power to the other wielders of the mighty Mjölnir.

BASE STATISTICS:
    Hit Points: 16,116
    Crit Rate: 381
    Crit Damage: 500
    Armor: 326
    Block Proficiency: 3000
    Energy Resistance: 0
    Physical Resistance: 0
    Crit Resistance: 0

Signature Ability - All-Mother's Blessing:
    With Freyja's guidance and Mjölnir's power, Thor lets loose with "That Which Smashes", dealing guaranteed Critical Hits and dealing 1031.31 Critical Damage Rating against Stunned opponents.
    Whenever an Opponent's Buff is Nullified, there is a 50% chance that all positive status effects on that Champion will also be Nullified.
    A minor change to Thor (Jane Foster)'s Signature Ability that allows her to strip her opponent of all of their Buffs instead of just the ones that trigger at the same time, upping her value as a playable Champion. Combine this with the incoming Synergy from Captain America (Infinity War) that allows Mystic Champions to deal 30% of their Attack as Direct Damage to their Opponent when Nullifying one of their Buffs, and you can deal big damage to opponents who generate a lot of Buffs!

ABILITIES:
    Shock Resistance (Passive): 70% Shock Resistance. Mystical influences grant this Champion 1703.7 increased Energy Resistance.
    Lightning Charge (Passive): Dashing back and holding Block for 1.50 seconds charges Mjölnir with lightning, causing all light attacks and the second Medium attack in a Combo deal Energy Damage instead of Physical for 15.0 seconds.
    All Attacks: Striking an opponent that has been Shocked has a 21% chance to stun them for 2.10 seconds.
    Heavy Attacks: 85% chance to Stagger the Opponent for 8.0 seconds, up to 2 times. The next time a Staggered Opponent triggers a Buff, that Buff and all other Buffs triggered at the same time will be immediately Nullified. If a Power Gain Buff is Nullified, Thor (Jane Foster) immediately gains a Power Gain Buff, granting her 100% of a Bar of Power over 6.0 seconds.
    Some minor changes to Thor (Jane Foster)'s basic kit. The first change grants her some utility on Psychic Thorns nodes (upping her value as an attacker in Alliance War) while not nerfing her against Champions with high Energy Resistance. The second makes her a great counter to Champions like Hyperion, as she'll Nullify their Power Gain and then take it for herself.

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    Special 1 - Mjölnir's Rage – Striking the earth with all her fury, Thor sends out a wave of summoned lightning through the ground.
    • 100% chance to Shock your opponent, dealing 1549.8 Energy damage over 8.0 seconds.
    • This attack does not make physical contact with the opponent. If Mjölnir is charged with lightning, this attack is Unblockable.
    • A slight change to Special Attack 1. Since Thor (Jane Foster) doesn't visually hit her opponent, it made sense to state that the attack does not make physical contact.
    Special 2 - Fury of Asgard – With blinding speed and immense strength, Thor strikes her foe, then follows it up with a crushing blow from a lightning charged Mjölnir.
    • 100% chance to Shock your opponent, dealing 1646.7 Energy damage over 8.50 seconds.
    • Each hit of this attack deals 81 Bonus Energy Damage per hit of Thor (Jane Foster)'s Combo Meter, up to 50 hits.
    • A very small boost to the Shock damage. In her original iteration, Thor (Jane Foster) was actually doing less Shock damage over time than she did with Special Attack 1. Add in increased Energy Damage from Thor (Jane Foster)'s Combo Meter for an extra punch of up to 8100 extra damage on the attack!
    Special 3 - Freyja's Wrath – Thor unleashes the ferocity and anger of a God upon her foe, striking with devastating blows and fierce strikes of lightning and thunder.
    • 100% chance to Shock your opponent, dealing 3042.2 Energy damage over 9.0 seconds.
    • Thor (Jane Foster) gains a Mjölnir Charge, increasing the potency and duration of Shock debuffs by 15% for the remainder of the fight.
    • Activating Special Attack 3 will make it easier for Thor (Jane Foster) to keep her damage output high, and to keep her opponent Stunned, since her Shock debuffs will last longer and deal more damage.

SYNERGIES:
    • Friends: with Black Widow: All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    • Romance: with Thor or Thor (Ragnarok): All Champions gain +5% Power Gain.
    • Teammates: with Joe Fixit: All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.
    • Teammates: with Vision or Vision (Age of Ultron): All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.
    • Becoming Asgardian: with Heimdall: Thor (Jane Foster): Well-Timed Blocks have a 10% chance to trigger a Regeneration Buff that heals 5% of Thor (Jane Foster)'s max Health over 10.0 seconds. Solo Synergy: Only affects this Champion and does not stack.
    • Keeping Secrets: with Falcon or Kang: Thor (Jane Foster): When below 50% health, Thor (Jane Foster) gains a Mjölnir Charge. Falcon: When Falcon's Redwing is Locked On, all of Falcon's basic attacks deal True Damage. Kang: Whenever Kang is hit by a Physical Attack, there is a 10% chance for his opponent to gain a Shock debuff that deals 100% of Kang's Attack as Energy Damage over 4.0 seconds. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.

1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Falcon
    6. War Machine
    7. Superior Iron Man
    8. Black Panther
    9. King Groot
    11. Karnak
    12. Iron Patriot
    13. Hulkbuster
    16. Storm
    17. Black Bolt

As with all of my Champion reworks, I invite constructive feedback. This process isn't possible without additional eyes and thoughts from the community. Please feel free to review and suggest improvements!

Thanks, and best wishes!
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Any of these changes. Please. Terrific character who is a forgotten champ.

Dr. Zola
  • Bajan_SamuraiBajan_Samurai Posts: 107

Deadpool X-Force

DPX is pretty much bottom of the barrel in the mutant class; and one of the worst pulls in the six-star crystal. If he wasn't part of Nick Fury's best synergy team he'd be totally useless. No real skills, no effects apart from a low-level bleed; and no actual special abilities till he's 70% dead...

I've revisited an old rework, aiming to give him just a few canon-friendly tricks without making him overpowered.
    No reskin required, although I'd want to give him full-time swords like Kabam did for Drax aeons ago. Still no regeneration though - at least in the comics, he didn't have regeneration during his X-Force phase...

That's right! Full-time swords! I always wondered how I made people bleed by punching them anyway, just because I had silver stars. And hey! What ya mean, bottom of the barrel? You ****ing ****! You think Cyclops is more effective than me?

Health 14,660

Attack 1139

Signature: When he drops below 30% health, (or if he starts a fight below 30% health) Deadpool has a 2000% chance to gain short-lived Power Gain, Fury and Cruelty passive effects. These grant up to +80% Attack, +160% Critical damage and +60% Power Gain over five seconds.

That's right - 2000%. Suck on that, Crossbones! And passive effects, so you Mystic ****s can suck it too! Ain't no-one stopping this badass from kicking ass!

Power Gain: When he drops below 60% health (or starts a fight below 60% health), Deadpool has a 1000% chance to gain a short-lived Power Gain passive, granting +30% Power Gain over four seconds.

Yeah! No more waiting till the end of the fight for this Power Gain!

If he is Awakened and starts the fight below 30% health, his Awakened ability supercedes this lesser Power Gain ability - they do not stack

Ego Power!

Deadpool gains Ego-fuelled bonuses any time he feels he's done something particularly impressive - when he lands two consecutive critical hits, when he counters an opponent's Heavy attack with his own; or when he uses Dexterity to Evade a Special Attack. Cool-down of 3 seconds. Bonuses are chosen at random from this list -

• Gain 5% Power
    • Gain a stack of Cruelty (+150) lasting until the next critical hit. These can stack up to five.
    • Gain a Precision buff (+250) lasting five seconds. Does not stack.
    • Gain a Hit Me! buff lasting five seconds; which increases the chance of an opponent throwing a Special Attack by 50%. Does not stack.
    • Gain a Haemorrhage counter lasting until the next bleed is inflicted; which increases the duration of that bleed by 100%. Does not stack.
    • Gain a Tenacity counter granting a 60% chance to shrug off the next debuff suffered. Does not stack.

Passive: Deadpool's chaotic fighting style and thought processes make him difficult to fight, granting the following benefits:
    • Opponents suffer -250 Critical Rating and Block proficiency
    • He reduces his opponent's Autoblock and Evade chances by 50%.
    • When struck by a combo-ending basic attack, his opponents have a 30% chance to lose track of what they're doing, and reset their own combo meter to zero
    • External effects that measure Deadpool's own combo meter (such as Counter Tactics or Despair nodes) cannot count it above five
    • Sentinel gains analysis charges as though DPX were a Cosmic champion.
    • DPX is immune to Taskmaster's Exploit Weakness ability.
    Chaotic? You mean awesome! Those guys just can't keep up with my amazing fighting skills

Katana Attacks: Deadpool's heavy attack, first medium and first two light attacks and his SP2 are katana attacks.

Katana attacks that hit the opponent have +180 critical rating, and have a 20% chance to inflict bleed for 490 damage over four seconds. Bleed potency and duration are both increased by 40% when a bleed is inflicted by critical hits.

Katanas. Oh yeah. That's how you make people bleed, baby! I wonder why that hottie Psylocke doesn't make people bleed with hers?

Special Attacks

When a Special Attack would trigger an Ego Power bonus, the usual Cool-down timer does not apply.

SP1 - 75% chance to inflict 25% Weakness for eight seconds. Female and robotic characters are immune to this effect. When an opponent is affected by this Weakness debuff, Deadpool triggers one of his Ego Power bonuses.

SP2 - Instead of the usual benefits of standard Katana strikes, this whirlwind attack gains +999 critical rating, and has a 99% chance to inflict bleed for 980 damage over four seconds. If he hits the opponent, Deadpool triggers an Ego Power bonus.

SP3 - Deadpool takes a sneaky shot at his opponent with a Carbonadium bullet, bypassing 75% of their Physical Resistance and inflicting a Passive Heal Block for ten seconds. 100% chance to inflict bleed for 1220 damage over five seconds. Deadpool triggers an Ego Power bonus in celebration.

Synergies

Get into the Pool (Deadpool, Goldpool, Venompool)
    : Unique synergy:
    • Deadpool X-Force - Ego Power is more likely to trigger a Hit Me! buff (40% frequency) than other effects
    • Deadpool - If it hits, Deadpool's SP1 inflicts a Taunt debuff equivalent to Goldpool's on nonrobot male opponents.
    • Venompool - Any time Venompool successfully steals an opponents buff, they are also inflicted with a Taunt debuff equivalent to Goldpool's. Additionally, DPX loans Venompool some Carbonadium bullets, giving his SP3 the same passive Heal Block as DPX's.
    • Goldpool - Taunt debuff potency increases by 40%.

Smack-Talk Superstars (Stark-Enhanced Spiderman, Stealth-suit Spiderman): Unique Synergy
    • Sparky - Taunt debuffs last 50% longer
    • Stealthy - Using the Dexterity mastery has a 25% chance to refresh Spider-Sense, if it is on cool-down.
    • Deadpool X-Force - Hit Me! buffs are 50% more potent at 'encouraging' Special Attacks

Love me like you do (Cable): Unique synergy
    • Cable - Perpetually annoyed by Deadpool, Cable automatically triggers his Regeneration at the start of each fight. If Awakened, he triggers a Power Gain as well.
    • Deadpool X-Force - Keen to impress Cable, Deadpool gains 30% Power over four seconds at the start of the fight
    This is the type of out-of-the-box reworking that makes for interesting tweaks to champions that doesn't just overdo or overpower based on things in the comics (that quite often, have been contradicted, reduced or removed over the years).

I like all of it, but I especially like the idea of chaotic buffs (although the nature of some of them mean he will be a MD feeder), despite that, Cruelty and Precision are right up his alley.

The Carbonadium bullet causing Heal Block is appropriate for someone who has such minor, non-stacking Bleed comparative to others with high AND stacking bleed effects that aren't simply laughed off by Willpower. I figured he, more than VPool, would have benefited from the Muramasa Sword inflicting heal block on Sp2 so the minor non-stacking bleed would actually get a chance to do something, but I think this is very appropriate and would make these tweaks to that to balance things out:
    Either or all
    • Simply extend the Sp3 heal block effect a lot (on non-robot champs only); maybe to 45 seconds so his minor, but near constant bleed is allowed to be cumulatively effective for long enough that he can conceivably accumulate enough power for another Sp3 and repeat (death by 100 cuts instead of practically healing opponents via WP) - it is manageable because some Nodes prevent him (as an AW Attacker) to reach Sp3, and some champs or nodes can purge it, recover faster, or play in a way that stops him from capitalizing on it...
    • ...or, jealous of anyone with Regenerative Abilities after losing his, DP inexplicably keeps track of how much health was healed over time while he had a bleed effect on the opponent; the more an opponent healed, the higher the potency of bleed inflicted by his sneaky shot. This makes Sp3 more lethal to anyone benefiting from WP and with natural Regenerative Capabilities, giving him an advantage in certain matchups and not others (regular opponents in Story or Events, or people skipping Willpower Mastery are still Heal Blocked, but they only suffer a standard bleed damage over time as one stack; Regen or WP opponents would seem to have Ramp Up damage because DPX is always factoring in Regen from the very first slice even if he inflicted Sp3 bleed before)
    • ...alternatively, DP simply delivers that massive bleed during Sp2, which factors in how much an opponent has healed while bleeding and increases damage to suit without any heal blocking involved (can still have the Carbonadium inflicted Sp3 heal block, but that would be along your original design of lasting 10 seconds and inflicting standard damage over 5 seconds of bleed)
    As you stated, no animation changes would be required, but I am VERY MUCH in agreement that he should have blades in his hand to rationalize the constant bleed he inflicts. Since it isn't a guaranteed bleed I'm fine with it being a single knife in his left hand, that he switches out for Katanas during Sp2 like he currently does (makes him different enough from Gwenpool, and not dual-bladed like Drax). That said, here is some rationalization to back things:
    • DPX's inexplicable tracking of regen would be actually rationalized by the phone call he takes during Sp3: this would be in actuality a call from Kabam to inform him of the right setting for his bullet
    • In honor of DP's time with the Venom symbiote, and with respect to Mutant class advantage over Skill, allow that the Symbiote's familiarity and trauma from previously being bonded to DPX (and by extension DP classic), after a combo of 15 DPX (or DP) shuts down Agent Venom's Tenacity indefinitely (unless DPX/DP loses the combo) allowing Bleeds to have full duration (VPool could also be given this ability but the rationale would be via Symbiote to Symbiote suppression)
    • Related to DPX's question, although Psylocke in comics is known for using a regular katana as well and has little compunction about killing, since they intended for her not to cause bleed with her sword they could actually have made it that the katana she wields is psionically manifested (dealing non-physical slicing damage hence not causing bleed). To support this Psylocke should be tweaked to deal concurrent physical and energy damage from sword attacks, be able to parry unblockable ranged attacks (only projectiles, and only well-timed) to give her that extra utility with high timing skill, have 50% reduced feedback damage from making contact with physical reflective damage opponents (Electro, thorns, micro-reflect), and they would need to redesign her sword slightly to glow pink like her iconic Telepathic and Telekinetic visual effect (I'm pretty sure she's hardly used in high stakes modes of the game).
    Taunt abilities - Spot On

Confusing to Taskmaster's Exploit ability - Spot On and Canonical (also give to DP (classic) of course, and this honors the Mutant>Skill dynamic)

Nut check weakening non-female and non-robot champs - Spot On

Confusing to Sentinels' Analysis - I'm not as sold on that one, however, he is canonically an artificial mutant who lost his major mutant ability, so it is worth considering; but outside of the Mutant Dominion Synergy via Sinister and Magneto I wouldn't upset the Tech>Mutant dynamic - unless it is the ability granted to DPX by a Venompool synergy.

Again, great stuff with this. Out of the box enough that it is an appropriate rework. Pity Kabam doesn't mine more of fan suggestions (and if they do not quickly enough) and pity they probably intended for DPX to remain meme worthy.

Again, great stuff with this. Out of the box enough that it is an appropriate rework. Pity Kabam doesn't mine more of fan suggestions (and if they do, not quickly enough) and pity they probably intended for DPX to remain meme worthy.

Thanks Bajan. Glad you appreciated the humorous part of the design; and I like your idea of DPX 'reminding' Agent Venom who's got class advantage, too!
  • Bajan_SamuraiBajan_Samurai Posts: 107
    Drax (and Guardian Synergies by extension)

So, I usually have a slightly different approach to thinking about Champion Improvements. I think of systems and mechanics that haven't yet been been introduced, or twists to how they've been used before and how suitable they would be to the essence of some of the champions (via their historical use in comics and other media). That has turned me towards the Guardians, and particularly Drax and the long standing uselessness of Groot (his will follow).

The problem:
    DRAX
    Drax stands alongside other Guardians as very simple to use and understand, but out damaged by all of them (except Groot), and not comparing well to other Fury or Bleed champs. One unintentional piece of utility he had was taken away, in that his double hit, first dash in medium used to bypass some evasion and auto-blocking abilities. At the time, I guess it was appropriate to remove an unintended interaction, but looking back from today where champions are more complex and interesting, that would have been useful to keep

Groot
    On paper he is meant to have a system to ramp up damage significantly, but in practical use it is hard to take advantage of. When it does get triggered, it is underwhelming damage output which does not get mitigated by being a good regen champ either.

Contemplation
    In both cases I think of more fitting ways to ramp them up to be decent damage champions without necessarily becoming OP. I use the word 'fitting' because the system of game play will play to their nature.

DRAX THE DESTROYER - Nature: Aggressive, Destructive (duh), Quick to Engage

For Drax, and as a Cosmic champion, Fury Buffs are common. Wielding two blades, Bleeding fools is his intent. Let's find a way to link Fury (increasing damage output) to ramping up Bleed and general damage. Let's make this based on the exemplar of Guardian damage output, Star-Lord.

Drax's abilities allow him a chance to gain a Fury buff (12% chance) then his special attack allows that to stack a second one on top of the first (weaker but longer lasting) and his signature can pump another on top of that if played right, but altogether, i.e. with 2 or 3 stacks of Fury, he's not ramping up to do bonkers damage that makes up for a lack of utility (like other common Cosmic attributes: Poison Immunity or True abilities) or be true to a description about being fascinated by Fury.

So, the idea here is to
    1. introduce a system that ramps up his Fury related damage
    2. differs from simple one burst of damage given to Gamora
    3. differs from a counter of each hit ramping up Star Lord
    4. differs from what I will suggest for Groot
    5. differs from Heavy Attack buff/debuff activation that drives Hyperion, Heimdall, Hela, Ronan, Spider-Man (Sym), Medusa, Ms. Marvel (Khan), Phoenix, Thor and Silver Surfer, as well as others including some non-Cosmic champs.
    I'll use a variation on Medium attacks (that also plays into Hela's system) and requires higher risk (fitting of being aggressive and quick to engage and leading to being more destructive) - Interception

How it will differ:
    • Every time Drax dashes in a way that intercepts an opponent's attack, Drax extends the duration of one of his types of Fury attacks - either Special triggered, or Chance Occurring whichever comes first (up to 1000% duration but +10% at a time)
    • Drax can only stack one of each particular type as an active Fury; however, the total possible types are counted as 4: one activated on Sp1, one on Sp2, one on Sp3 and one by chance
    • Because of the initial current duration, it is difficult to effectively have one activate from Specials while the another from Specials is still going (except in cases where Drax is near the next Power Bar level, launches a Special Attack, then quickly gains more power from Basic attacks [or taking damage] then launches Special 1)
    • This variation, would allow for 3 specials to stack furies on top of each other when the last Fury endures from, for example, Special 3, then is added to by Special 1 and both have such long durations that another from Special 2 can join.
    • All the while, the one generated by Chance can stack on top of these any time
    • Instead of lasting 6 or 8 seconds (give or take Node, Mastery and Synergistic extensions) a max run time can now be 80 seconds
    • Each would provide up to approximately +50% attack rating, so at 4 stacks Drax now hits +200% harder (a 200 base damage hit now deals 600 damage) as long as he periodically refreshes Fury from Sp3, Sp2 and Sp1
    Now, by itself this hardly puts Drax on par with Star Lord; and, although he is not meant to reach that level of striking damage, there is still more! I propose replacing his Sig Ability with a few mechanisms that add significant value (especially since Nullification can render Drax normal very easily because of his Active Buffs)

How will this be achieved? Via Passive forming mechanisms!
    • Sig Ability benefit 1: Each time one of Drax's buffs are nullified, the time taken between its activation and nullification is counted as a minimum requirement. A second benefit would be that if Drax launches Sp3 with at least 3 Furies stacked, 1 will become Passive. It would read like this
    • Each time Drax successfully intercepts his opponent Drax Extends the duration of the next Fury he triggers by 10%
    • Additionally, each Extended Fury will endure for at least 10% of its upper duration before it can be Nullified, Stolen or Fate Sealed (i.e. 0.66 seconds)
    • Each time Drax extends that source of Fury via Interceptions, Drax also extends the proportionate minimum endurance
    • If Drax has at least 3 types of Fury stacked when he triggers Sp3, the earliest one created will become a Passive Prowess instead of an Active Fury
    • Prowess can stack up to four times and cannot be Nullified, Stolen, Sealed, Staggered or Copied
    • In this way, Drax now can potentially +400% attack (200 base damage single hit now deals 1000 damage)
    • Bleed effects do not extend duration, however, they increase Damage per Second proportional to Fury and Prowess
    • Bleed that would cause base 3,000 Bleed damage over 5 seconds (100% of his base attack over 5 seconds), could potentially scale up to 15,000 Bleed damage (500% of his base attack as Bleed) over 5 seconds
    • He does not become an automatic Mystic counter easily, because his Active Furies can still be prevented by Staggers or preventative Fare Seals before ever becoming a problem, and carrying 3 to Sp3 thus becomes tricky except in really long fights
    • That keeps him manageable in 3 minute content as an attacker, and only so many interceptions between Furies can be achieved in that space of time anyway, but now he brings damage to the table fitting of a destroyer
    • Via retooled Guardian Synergies, maybe the presence of at least 2 Guardians as teammates allows Drax to trigger one Passive from a Sp2
    I'll follow with Groot later, who, by contrast, will ramp up damage based on being completely non-aggressive (spoiler: via an Idling Mechanism). This idling mechanism is also suitable for Iron Fist but in a different way. Stay tuned.
    I will also write out the Abilities list for Drax as if pulling it up in game.

Sentry

Base Stats and Abilities
    *All stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
    Character Class: Science
    Health: 15660
    Attack: 1324
    Base Abilities: Armor Break, Incinerate, Cruelty, Regeneration

Passive:
    • With the power of a million exploding suns, Sentry takes no damage from Incinerate effects and each Incinerate grants Sentry +3% increased Attack Rating for each Reality Warp

Passive: Reality Warp
    • At the start of a fight and after every 40 Hits in a Combo, Sentry gains a Reality Warp. Reality Warps stack up to 5 max. Reality Warps are used as a multiplier for his abilities.

Passive: State of Mind
    • Sentry starts the fight in Unyielding Fortitude and changes to the next State for every 10 Hits in a Combo. When Sentry loses his Combo, he reverts to Unyielding Fortitude.
    • Unyielding Fortitude: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry cannot lose his Combo. Remains until Sentry changes States.
    • Overpowering Light: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Special 1 Attack Damage is increased by 842.8 per Reality Warp and is Unblockable. In addition, his Special 1 burns up to 30% of the target's max Power and inflicts Direct Damage proportionate to the amount lost. Remains until Sentry changes States.
    • Steadfast Approach: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Heavy Attack Damage is increased by 842.8 per Reality Warp. In addition, he gains 100% chance to Perfect Block. Remains until Sentry changes States.
    • Absolute Strength: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Special 2 Attack Damage is increased by 842.8 per Reality Warp and is Unblockable. In addition, each hit on the Special 2 is a Critical. Remains until Sentry changes States.
    • After Absolute Strength, Sentry restarts State of Mind, entering Unyielding Fortitude.

Heavy Attacks:
    • 75% chance to Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up per hit and applying 666.67 Armor Rating reduction for 12 seconds. This effect gains +5% duration and Ability Accuracy for each Reality Warp

Special Attacks:
    Special 1: Light Blast – Sentry punches his opponent before unleashing a Light-based Energy blast.
    • 100% chance to Incinerate, dealing 509.1 Energy Damage for each Reality Warp over 10 seconds.
    Special 2: Soaring Strike – Sentry leads with an uppercut then loops around for a flying double punch.
    • 100% chance for Cruelty, increasing Critical Damage Rating by 252.84 for each Reality Warp for 8 seconds.
    Special 3: Channel the Void – Sentry transforms into the Void, creating a black hole that consumes the opponent.
    • When Health is below 50%, Sentry consumes one Reality Warp to Heal 2354 Health over 15 seconds.
    Signature Ability: Molecular Reformation – Reality Warps persist from fight to fight and Sentry has a chance to gain Indestructible when he loses a Combo.
    • When Sentry loses his Combo, he has a 100% chance to become Indestructible for 0.5 seconds per Reality Warp.
    • Reality Warps persist with Sentry from the previous fight.

Bodhizen said:

Here's a retooled Storm. (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)

Rationale: Storm has almost no utility, has very little defensive capabilities, and while her Special Attack 2 can give a pretty good jolt, she's just not that much fun to play. With the addition of cold-based debuffs in the game, Storm should have been granted access to those powers. She's lackluster, and no Champion in the game deserves to be lackluster, even if they don't all deserve to be God-tier Champions. Canonically, Storm has power over the natural elements, telepathic resistance, magical potential, divine potential, and tactical training. At least some of those elements should be incorporated into her Contest of Champions character.

Signature Ability - Goddess of the Storm:
    Becoming an avatar of the elements, Storm's power rises to new heights!

• Whenever Storm's opponent has 1 or more Shock, Poison, or Coldsnap debuffs active on them and Storm activates a Special Attack, the attack inflicts Power Burn, converting up to 33% of the opponent's Max power into direct damage. If this attacks reduces the enemy to zero Power Meter, Storm gains a Power Gain buff, gaining 3% of her total Power Meter per active Shock, Poison, or Coldsnap debuff on her opponent over 7.0 seconds. If Storm is knocked down while gaining Power this way, this effect ends immediately.
    ABILITIES:
    Elemental Resistance (Passive): Storm reduces the damage of Shocks by 90%. While suffering from a Shock Debuff, her Special Damage is increased by 30%.
    Atmokinesis (Passive): Storm uses her mutant powers to manipulate the weather. By dashing back and holding block for 0.9 seconds, Storm is able to change modes:
    • Lightning Mode: Whenever Storm ends a Combo with a light attack, that attack has a 60% chance to inflict a Shock debuff that deals 1824 Energy damage over 4.0 seconds. Additionally, all Special Attacks have a +10% chance to Shock Storm's opponent.
    • Acid Rain Mode: On a successful hit, all of Storm's basic attacks have a 9% chance of inflicting a Poison debuff dealing 483.6 direct damage over 6.0 seconds.
    • Arctic Wind Mode: Storm's special attacks gain a +65% chance to inflict a Coldsnap debuff, dealing 4030 Energy damage over 18.0 seconds. Opponents under a Coldsnap cannot Evade attacks.
    Tempest (Passive): Each time Storm triggers a Shock effect on an opponent with an active Coldsnap or Poison effect that she caused, they are combined, converting into a Tempest charge, lasting 15.0 seconds.
    • Tempest charges do 2579.2 damage over their duration.
    • Tempest charges are a Passive effect, and therefore do not count as either a debuff, a Shock, a Poison, or a Coldsnap.
    Heavy Attacks: Using a sharp gust of wind, Storm's heavy attacks push her opponent back, even if the heavy attack is resisted.

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    Special 1 - Lightning Strike – Storm channels ambient electromagnetic energy into a single strike.
    • 70% chance to inflict up to 3 Shock debuffs upon your opponent, each dealing 1074.7 Energy damage over 6.0 seconds.
    Special 2 - Gale – A gust of frigid wind and a blast of lightning send the opponent flying.
    • 80% chance to inflict up to 4 Shock debuffs upon your opponent, each dealing 1074.7 direct damage over 6.0 seconds.
    Special 2 - Tempest – Storm channels the wrath of nature into a relentless tempest of freezing wind, acid rain, and lightning that assaults her opponent.
    • 95% chance to inflict up to 2 Shock debuffs, 2 Poison debuffs, and 2 Coldsnap debuffs upon her opponent, each dealing 1074.7 damage over 6.0 seconds. Opponents under a Coldsnap cannot Evade attacks.
    SYNERGIES:
    • Magical Potential: with Magik or Scarlet Witch: Storm: Opponents do not gain power whenever Storm lands a Special Attack. Magik: Limbo lasts an additional 1.0 seconds. Scarlet Witch: Special Attack 3 has a 100% chance to inflict a Heal Reversal effect upon the opponent for 6.0 seconds. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Enemies: with Magneto or Magneto (Marvel Now!): All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Battlefield Commanders: with Cyclops (New Xavier School) or Cyclops (Blue Team): All Mutant Heroes gain +7% Attack. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Teammates: with Nightcrawler, Colossus, or Wolverine: All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.
    • Thermal Variance: with Human Torch, Sunspot, or Iceman: Storm: Whenever the opponent of Storm is immune to Coldsnap, they’re inflicted with a Slow Debuff for 4.0 seconds reducing the Ability Accuracy of Unstoppable and Evade effects by 100%. Human Torch: Increases his Power Gain by 5% from all sources while his opponent is under the effects of an Incinerate debuff. Sunspot: Reduces the potency of Damage Over Time debuffs placed upon him by 15%. Iceman: When Iceman's Ice Armor is shattered, it reforms 3.0 seconds faster. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Gods of Thunder: with Thor, Thor (Jane Foster), or Thor (Ragnarok): Storm, Thor, Thor (Jane Foster), and Thor (Ragnarok) gain +8% potency and duration on Shock and Stun debuffs they inflict upon their opponents. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Wakanda Forever: with Black Panther or Black Panther (Civil War): Storm: When below 30% health, Storm gains +1000 Physical Resistance. Black Panther: Each time a Bleed debuff fails to trigger, Black Panther gains a Fury buff, increasing his attack by 6% for 8.50 seconds. Black Panther (Civil War): Increases the amount of damage stored by 1% when in his Reflective state. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • PREVIOUS REVISIONS (minus Champions that Kabam has already revised):
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Falcon
    6. War Machine
    7. Superior Iron Man
    8. Black Panther
    9. King Groot
    11. Karnak
    12. Iron Patriot
    13. Hulkbuster
    I noticed some small similarities to Storm (Pyramid X). :wink:

Silver Surfer

Rebalance Ideas

*Based on 4-Star, Rank 5 Signature Level 99

Passive: Energy Absorption and Manipulation
    Each Incinerate, Coldnsap, or Shock Debuff on Silver Surfer deals 100% reduced damage and generates 1% of a Bar of Power each second. These count as a Unique Buff for his abilities, greatly increasing his potential damage output.

Passive: Cosmic Sustenance
    Immune to Poison Effects since Silver Surfer does not need to eat or breathe since he absorbs life-maintaining cosmic energy directly through his skin.

When Struck by Energy-based Special Attacks:
    When below 50% of Max Health, if available consume the Power Cosmic Buff and create a Regeneration Buff, healing 50% of the damage dealt for 6 seconds.

Heavy Attacks:
    Increases the potency of any bursts of Energy damage by 100% if Armor Shattered is active.

Special Attack 3: Replace all Armor Break Debuffs on the Opponent with one Armor Shattered Debuff, reducing the opponent’s Armor Rating 1222.66 for 24 seconds. While Armor Shattered is active, Opponents cannot suffer from further Armor Break Debuffs nor activate their Armor Buffs. Additionally, this Debuff shatters Robot Champions' systems, reducing their Ability Accuracy and Power Gain by 100%.