**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Placement

Devs should SERIOUSLY consider removing a summoner's champions out of an alliance war or quest if that summoner was kicked, for any reason, even if it was for NO reason. That alliance should not have the right to use champs that belong to people that ARE NOT in their alliance. Serious BS.

Comments

• txvixntxvixn Posts: 3
    How is that getting an advantage? You'd be happy if someone kicks you out of an alliance during a war and you have to wait 10+ hours for your champions to be freed from a war you can't even participate in?
  • My biggest issue with alliance wars is the nodes are outdated, and 99% of opponents use corvus (2 missions minimal) and he just waxes all defenders regardless. There needs to be a node added to deter him being used for boss kills. Such as having a falter node across all nodes in the boss circle, making them rely on ACTUAL skill to get full exploration. I personally have corvus, I never ranked him and never will, simply because it takes all the skill from the game. there just isn't enough solid defense counters to corvus, and once you get high enough in tiers, that is what just about everyone uses, making defense overall a waste of time because nothing slows him down once he has his missions done.
    So that being said, there needs to be a change to cripple corvus on offense for war, otherwise where is the challenge to it. It was stated in the past they wanted to make people rely on a variety of attackers, but that ran stagnant and any simpleton with a corvus and clear a war map.
  • Mx268Mx268 Posts: 72
    txvixn said:

How is that getting an advantage? You'd be happy if someone kicks you out of an alliance during a war and you have to wait 10+ hours for your champions to be freed from a war you can't even participate in?

Sounds like it happened to you, but see it the other way. If someone decide to leave the alliance after placing his defender plus his defender suddenly get removed from the map it would be very costly for all the other members of that alliance, I think it's perfect and fair the way it is.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020

My biggest issue with alliance wars is the nodes are outdated, and 99% of opponents use corvus (2 missions minimal) and he just waxes all defenders regardless. There needs to be a node added to deter him being used for boss kills. Such as having a falter node across all nodes in the boss circle, making them rely on ACTUAL skill to get full exploration. I personally have corvus, I never ranked him and never will, simply because it takes all the skill from the game. there just isn't enough solid defense counters to corvus, and once you get high enough in tiers, that is what just about everyone uses, making defense overall a waste of time because nothing slows him down once he has his missions done.
    So that being said, there needs to be a change to cripple corvus on offense for war, otherwise where is the challenge to it. It was stated in the past they wanted to make people rely on a variety of attackers, but that ran stagnant and any simpleton with a corvus and clear a war map.

When you get to higher tiers in war you will see this is not the case. Corvus has many counters now.
    Sinister, Maw, Thing, Manthing, IW, Nova, Havok.. just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more. He is still a great attacker, but he must choose his matches wisely just like other attackers. Incredibly dangerous to use him against hidden defenders as well. Don't worry about Corvus counters being introduced into the game. They have, many of them. In fact I'd say Corvus and Ghost have been specifically targeted with recent champ releases over the last few months.
  • My biggest issue with alliance wars is the nodes are outdated, and 99% of opponents use corvus (2 missions minimal) and he just waxes all defenders regardless. There needs to be a node added to deter him being used for boss kills. Such as having a falter node across all nodes in the boss circle, making them rely on ACTUAL skill to get full exploration. I personally have corvus, I never ranked him and never will, simply because it takes all the skill from the game. there just isn't enough solid defense counters to corvus, and once you get high enough in tiers, that is what just about everyone uses, making defense overall a waste of time because nothing slows him down once he has his missions done.

When you get to higher tiers in war you will see this is not the case. Corvus has many counters now.
    Sinister, Maw, Thing, Manthing, IW, Nova, Havok.. just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more. He is still a great attacker, but he must choose his matches wisely just like other attackers. Incredibly dangerous to use him against hidden defenders as well. Don't worry about Corvus counters being introduced into the game. They have, many of them. In fact I'd say Corvus and Ghost have been specifically targeted with recent champ releases over the last few months.
    Agreed. I was gonna do the breakdown but you did a wonderful job. I have members in my Alliance with Corvus and lemme tell you @IvarTheBoneless , he's not a fix all. No single attacker is. Ever see what happens with Corvus vs a Flow Defender? 😂 It's not pretty if you're not prepared to bait those specials. We float between T4 and T3. It gets dicey up there in T3.

Certain lanes require certain champs vs others. Certain DTs demand more. Why do you think they nerfed Siphon? It was straight overkill. Corvus wasn't gonna stop that block damage from chewing him to bits and pieces. No one could. We have some skilled Corvus players and they all ran into issues if he wasn't ideal.

Just see Sinister with Flow as a legitimate Corvus crippler. That's just 1 example off the top of my head as it's 5:39 AM and I haven't had my coffee yet, lol. Heck, even IMIW with Flow got sketchy if you made the smallest mistake or the Ai decided not to take the bait and mutilated you with a S3 on Aggression Fury. I'll admit, with what Corvus does well, he does VERY WELL. Just the same, what he doesn't do well... he does horribly with.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    It's @Ivar_the_boneless and not me.
    No worries tho all good
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

My biggest issue with alliance wars is the nodes are outdated, and 99% of opponents use corvus (2 missions minimal) and he just waxes all defenders regardless. There needs to be a node added to deter him being used for boss kills. Such as having a falter node across all nodes in the boss circle, making them rely on ACTUAL skill to get full exploration. I personally have corvus, I never ranked him and never will, simply because it takes all the skill from the game. there just isn't enough solid defense counters to corvus, and once you get high enough in tiers, that is what just about everyone uses, making defense overall a waste of time because nothing slows him down once he has his missions done.

corvus isnt used that much in aw, my alliance i barely see any corvus user for aw
  • It's @Ivar_the_boneless and not me.
    No worries tho all good

My bad, was late and I missed the underscores, lol.
  • txvixntxvixn Posts: 3
    Mx268 said:

txvixn said:

Sounds like it happened to you, but see it the other way. If someone decide to leave the alliance after placing his defender plus his defender suddenly get removed from the map it would be very costly for all the other members of that alliance, I think it's perfect and fair the way it is.
    Yeah I agree. But there's a difference between leaving an alliance and being kicked. My discussion was on being kicked. Not voluntarily dismissing yourself. There should be a differentiation in those, as well.