**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is there such a difficulty jump between acts?

2»

Comments

• Cx8Cx8 Posts: 77
    @JessieS for your previous comment for rank Guillotine, I would defiantly do magik instead of her, magik has a great power lock/steal on sp2 and extra damage on sp3 and 1 if the opponent has buffs, helped me through a lot of content
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    edited February 2020
    JessieS said:

There seems to be a huge climb in difficulty between Act 3 and Act 4. Act 4 just suddenly hits you hard and you have to really struggle. I don’t get it. Why not have like a dozens Acts where the difficulty is slowly increasing and you can slow but steady with the storyline instead of making you go at slow pace and to grind in such an annoying way. Like I understand that it’s probably connected to them wanting to force us to spend money on the game but it just seems stupid and something that would turn off a huge amount of casual players

Most early player's had to beat act 4 with a few 4 stars and 3 stars. I had a 4 star groot and 4 star, starlord. The rest were 3 stars until I got in the final chapter. None of the 4 stars were past rank 4.
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited February 2020
    JessieS said:

Cx8 said:

Yea what @SiriusBreak said, also if you have questions about rank ups or want a second opinion you can screen shot your roster and post it on here and ask who you should rank up

Thank you! I already asked once but I could always use more opinions . Here is my roster

Right now I am ranking Corvus Glaive and when I gather enough T4 for another one I was thinking maybe Colossus ?
    @JessieS Ok, you've got PLENTY of potential!!! Always happy to help out an up and comer in this game. Here's who I would rank and why (1 per class)

Captain America (Infinity War) - One of my personal favorites in game. Was my 1st R5/65 5* champ. Very versatile. Can take hits and dish them out just the same! Glancing will reduce damage. His Kinetic Charges are the key to everything. The more you have the higher his damage output, and the higher his Energy and Physical Resistance gets. For a massive KABOOM of damage, build up 5 Kinetic Charges. Once you've done this AND have 2 bars of power, Parry/Heavy and mid heavy attack before the 2nd hit connects launch your special. It's a jaw dropper the 1st time you pull a solid critical hit with this technique. His heavy attack gives him a temporary Passive Fury. Having 5 Kinetic Charges not only increases the damage output of the S2, but also the Stun duration as well. His signature ability is far too much to get into here, so I'd advise watching some YouTube videos to gain perspective on all they can provide. Definitely R5 worthy, also worthy of funneling Sig Stones to get to Max Sig level.

Corvus Glaive - Great burst damage, especially once you've loaded him with a few persistent charges. Armor Break. Unblockable S2. Wicked Critical hits. Nuff' Said. (STILL chasing this one, lol)

Iceman - While not the king of basic damage output, Icey is useful in MANY other respects. Considering yours is awakened, you start the fight with Coldsnap on your opponent. Which means no evade for your myriad of irritating champs (i.e. various Spider-folk, Mordo). Most are not immune to Coldsnap and Frostbite. So load up those Frostbite Charges, Parry/Heavy. Watch that direct damage eat a chunk of health! His Ice Armor can tank a S3 and you walk away with only 5% HP lost. Triple Immunity (Bleed, Poison, and Incinerate) so many DOT nodes, and champs become EXTREMELY manageable.

Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) - Hits hard when ramped up, and has some phenomenal utility via Pre-fight abilities. His Slow Debuff from the Web Foam Cart can shutdown Evade and Unstoppable Buffs. Very useful against your Juggernauts, Unstoppable Colossi (Colossuses?), Annihilus, The Champion, etc. To get the most out of him, 2× 5 hit combos ending in a light attack will activate his Passive Fury, and his S1 a Passive Precision. Alternate ending combos between Medium and Light to extend the effects of the selected Web Cartridge. You slam them over and over again with a Light ender you'll blow through your Web Carts too fast and will need a S3 to reload. Tranquilizer Cart for Enervate to prevent your opponent from gaining power when hit. Flash Bang Cart to place a Vulnerability Debuff increasing Critical Damage Rating.

Sentinel - While this hunk of tin isn't typically recommended, it is very useful. Dual Immunity like all bots in game. Its schtick is the Analysis Charges. More you have the higher its Armor, Crit Resistance, and Attack gets. Also decreases the amount of power used when launching a Special attack. Heavy attacks inflict Shock. Special 1 inflicts Heal Block and also a chance to Armor Break with successful hits. Special 2 inflicts Incinerate, removes Perfect Block Chance, and reduces opponent Block Proficiency by 50%. 1st S3 will give you a Permanent Passive Armor Up, and 2nd will consume said Armor to give you a burst of regen. At Max (100) Analysis, its Special 1 and 2 effects trigger through a block, the duration of Armor Break, Heal Block, and Shock Debuffs increase by 100%.

Magik - The Queen of Power Control. Tried and true. Great intercept champ. Nice damage output. S1 Nullfies a Buff. S2 Power Steal and Power Lock. S3 damage increases per Buff on the opponent. You run into Groot, Angela, War Machine during his 'Empty the Clip' phase, or any other Buff laden champ, watch the health get chopped off with this attack. Magik was my 1st 4* WAAAAYYY back when. Phenomenal champ that has withstood the test of time and will likely continue to do so! If/when you awaken/dupe her, she gains cycling Limbo. Which deals Passive DOT, and rewinds any damage dealt during the Limbo cycle. She took me far in my early MCoC days and still has a special place in my heart. If I ever dupe my 5*, I'd happily take her to R5 and Max Sig.

Many of those did not exist in game when I tackled Act 4 and would've made the process MUCH easier. So you've got a LOT to work with. Honorable mentions are Colossus, Mysterio, Ghost Rider, 5* Punisher 2099, Heimdall, Wasp, and Guillotine. Best of luck on your journey through Act 4 and enjoy the fruits of your labors once you've come out the other end!!!
  • Skittles09Skittles09 Posts: 6
    I agree with you. Act 4 was HARD, I paused story quests for a long time, did event quests and arena for months for rewards and to rank my team and went back to act 4.
    The jump from act 4 to act 5 is even more traumatic, so start strategically beefing up your team from now.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Wait till act 5 then you will laugh at how easy act 4 was
  • Skittles09Skittles09 Posts: 6

Wait till act 5 then you will laugh at how easy act 4 was

omg yes! basically - Act 4 it's more that some of the paths are just super long
  • Yea, can confirm.

I took my time with act 4 but wasn’t having too much trouble. Got really excited for becoming uncollected, seemed so close now, well that excitement turned into frustration and disappointment quickly.

So I focused on getting a good 4* team from the arena, which didn’t help me that much, I had to come to terms that I was a bad player. So I started exploring act 4, which is super long, but it helped me immensely with parry, dexterity and even some intercepting.I became uncollected with using 4 stars.

Hang in there man! It will get better but it requires a bit of skill, which makes this game great, good luck and there has been some solid advice given here by the others.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

JessieS said:

Cx8 said:

Yea what @SiriusBreak said, also if you have questions about rank ups or want a second opinion you can screen shot your roster and post it on here and ask who you should rank up

Thank you! I already asked once but I could always use more opinions . Here is my roster

Right now I am ranking Corvus Glaive and when I gather enough T4 for another one I was thinking maybe Colossus ?

Colossus has some good immunities, so he is a good option.

How high is that sig on your CAIW? He’s a beast for clearing content. Stealth Spidey, Sentinel, and Iceman are all great (Sentinel is great for mutants) but if you do rank up colossus then don’t do iceman.

I would suggest doing the monthly event quest 100% on heroic, and if you can, master, to get the catalysts you need. That roster is definitely enough to get through act 4. Another suggestion is practicing, because if you think this is hard, have fun doing act 5.
    Thanks. I just managed to get the T4 needed to rank Colossus. Should I rank him now or should I try to save for Guiltoine first ? I still need 2 T4s and one T4 mystic which I have no idea where I would get . Which would be more more practical.

Cap is lvl 29z I got really lucky with him :)

Oh I did the heroic already. Master is a bit too tough for me
    Oh I can only imagine how hard it would be

Yeah Stealthy Spidey has been great so far . Very useful but I thought about waiting a little and ranking a opossum first since Spidey is awakened and doesn’t need it a much

Tough question. Guillotine is good for healing when duped, and really packs a punch in the act 5 flare chapters. However, colossus is great for immunities. Bleed, incinerate, frostbite, and coldsnap.

I would go for the colossus in terms of usability, especially in act 4 and beyond. But personally I would go guillotine because her and Ægon are probably my two favorite champs in the game.

But it all really comes down to personal preference. I think people get too caught up in which champ is good for what, and forget that this is just a game and it’s all about having fun.
  • JessieS said:

There seems to be a huge climb in difficulty between Act 3 and Act 4. Act 4 just suddenly hits you hard and you have to really struggle. I don’t get it. Why not have like a dozens Acts where the difficulty is slowly increasing and you can slow but steady with the storyline instead of making you go at slow pace and to grind in such an annoying way. Like I understand that it’s probably connected to them wanting to force us to spend money on the game but it just seems stupid and something that would turn off a huge amount of casual players

It is more connected to the fact that there's only so many developers and only so many hours in the day.

But as others have stated, the difficulty jump is not insurmountable. It only seems that way when you first reach it. The jump from Act 4 to Act 5 is higher, and the jump from Act 5 to Act 6 is even higher. But players who continue to progress generally overcome those gaps.

What you have to get used to is not the *size* of the gap, but the *nature* of the gap. The gap between Act 1 and Act 2 is also big, but it is almost entirely a numbers jump that a player can easily outlevel at most reasonable roster growth rates. The jump from Act 2 to Act 3 is bigger: not only do the numbers get bigger, it is not as easy to outlevel. The jump from Act 3 to Act 4 isn't even just about numbers: the champions become more dangerous, the paths get longer, and you often have to do more qualitatively to complete Act 4. Act 5 is really where path nodes become tricky and you are not just fighting the champions, you're fighting the global or path nodes. And in Act 6 you have to do that with significant roster limitations.

You have to be prepared to not just overcome bigger numbers, but also an increasingly more complex game. Progress in MCOC isn't just about getting better at playing, it is about learning new ways to play the game. You need to think in terms of rising to meet challenges. If you're constantly think about how "unfair" the game is and why it doesn't accommodate what you want, it is never going to get any better.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★

JessieS said:

Cx8 said:

@JessieS Ok, you've got PLENTY of potential!!! Always happy to help out an up and comer in this game. Here's who I would rank and why (1 per class)

Captain America (Infinity War) - One of my personal favorites in game. Was my 1st R5/65 5* champ. Very versatile. Can take hits and dish them out just the same! Glancing will reduce damage. His Kinetic Charges are the key to everything. The more you have the higher his damage output, and the higher his Energy and Physical Resistance gets. For a massive KABOOM of damage, build up 5 Kinetic Charges. Once you've done this AND have 2 bars of power, Parry/Heavy and mid heavy attack before the 2nd hit connects launch your special. It's a jaw dropper the 1st time you pull a solid critical hit with this technique. His heavy attack gives him a temporary Passive Fury. Having 5 Kinetic Charges not only increases the damage output of the S2, but also the Stun duration as well. His signature ability is far too much to get into here, so I'd advise watching some YouTube videos to gain perspective on all they can provide. Definitely R5 worthy, also worthy of funneling Sig Stones to get to Max Sig level.

Corvus Glaive - Great burst damage, especially once you've loaded him with a few persistent charges. Armor Break. Unblockable S2. Wicked Critical hits. Nuff' Said. (STILL chasing this one, lol)

Iceman - While not the king of basic damage output, Icey is useful in MANY other respects. Considering yours is awakened, you start the fight with Coldsnap on your opponent. Which means no evade for your myriad of irritating champs (i.e. various Spider-folk, Mordo). Most are not immune to Coldsnap and Frostbite. So load up those Frostbite Charges, Parry/Heavy. Watch that direct damage eat a chunk of health! His Ice Armor can tank a S3 and you walk away with only 5% HP lost. Triple Immunity (Bleed, Poison, and Incinerate) so many DOT nodes, and champs become EXTREMELY manageable.

Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) - Hits hard when ramped up, and has some phenomenal utility via Pre-fight abilities. His Slow Debuff from the Web Foam Cart can shutdown Evade and Unstoppable Buffs. Very useful against your Juggernauts, Unstoppable Colossi (Colossuses?), Annihilus, The Champion, etc. To get the most out of him, 2× 5 hit combos ending in a light attack will activate his Passive Fury, and his S1 a Passive Precision. Alternate ending combos between Medium and Light to extend the effects of the selected Web Cartridge. You slam them over and over again with a Light ender you'll blow through your Web Carts too fast and will need a S3 to reload. Tranquilizer Cart for Enervate to prevent your opponent from gaining power when hit. Flash Bang Cart to place a Vulnerability Debuff increasing Critical Damage Rating.

Sentinel - While this hunk of tin isn't typically recommended, it is very useful. Dual Immunity like all bots in game. Its schtick is the Analysis Charges. More you have the higher its Armor, Crit Resistance, and Attack gets. Also decreases the amount of power used when launching a Special attack. Heavy attacks inflict Shock. Special 1 inflicts Heal Block and also a chance to Armor Break with successful hits. Special 2 inflicts Incinerate, removes Perfect Block Chance, and reduces opponent Block Proficiency by 50%. 1st S3 will give you a Permanent Passive Armor Up, and 2nd will consume said Armor to give you a burst of regen. At Max (100) Analysis, its Special 1 and 2 effects trigger through a block, the duration of Armor Break, Heal Block, and Shock Debuffs increase by 100%.

Magik - The Queen of Power Control. Tried and true. Great intercept champ. Nice damage output. S1 Nullfies a Buff. S2 Power Steal and Power Lock. S3 damage increases per Buff on the opponent. You run into Groot, Angela, War Machine during his 'Empty the Clip' phase, or any other Buff laden champ, watch the health get chopped off with this attack. Magik was my 1st 4* WAAAAYYY back when. Phenomenal champ that has withstood the test of time and will likely continue to do so! If/when you awaken/dupe her, she gains cycling Limbo. Which deals Passive DOT, and rewinds any damage dealt during the Limbo cycle. She took me far in my early MCoC days and still has a special place in my heart. If I ever dupe my 5*, I'd happily take her to R5 and Max Sig.

Many of those did not exist in game when I tackled Act 4 and would've made the process MUCH easier. So you've got a LOT to work with. Honorable mentions are Colossus, Mysterio, Ghost Rider, 5* Punisher 2099, Heimdall, Wasp, and Guillotine. Best of luck on your journey through Act 4 and enjoy the fruits of your labors once you've come out the other end!!!
    Thank you so much for this great explanation!!! Especially the details. I have been struggling a lot with this exactly how to play some of the champions and counter others. Specially juggernauts. I beat them but they often take a big chunk of my health

Is Punisher is 2099 good? I have him as a five star but I didn’t really feel him and I have been concentrating more on others
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited February 2020
    @JessieS I forgot to mention CAIW can roll Juggernaut with absolute ease. Once you have 1 Kinetic Charge, Cap IW can Nullify his Unstoppable. So when the match starts, block until you're charged, and then (provided you land it) your next attack will automatically Nullify his Unstoppable Buff. Mind you, this only works against Unstoppable Buffs, not Passive effects (that's a whole other fun topic).

Again, always happy to pass the knowledge. As you can see, there's a LOT to learn. All that stuff becomes 2nd nature over time though. As to Punisher 2099, I'd recommend watching some videos on his abilities. He's interesting. Not exactly top notch, but still, not bad either. He's kind of a niche champ in some regards. Again, better to YouTube this one 😉.
  • DtsDts Posts: 53
    go hard or go home