**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parry after 2nd medium not working with certain champions (with video footage)

It's been going on for a year now and over the year I've emailed Kabam about it 4 times. Instead of ignoring it, can you guys actually do something about it?

Parrying after the 2nd medium doesn't work with certain champions (unless the AI is up against the wall). These champions include: Human Torch, X-23, Starlord, Psylocke, Symbiote Supreme, Iceman (to name a few off the top of my head). This issue is because the 2nd medium pushes the AI too far back therefore messing up the parry timing making it near impossible.

Here it is how it SHOULD be working and currently works with the rest of the champions:
https://youtu.be/8iNE64wO2mo

Here's how it is when using the champions listed above:
https://youtu.be/xOuOL98ZRnM
https://youtu.be/jv9eNW2RK4U

Notice how in the last 2 clips, when the 2nd medium is executed, rhino is pushed too far back therefore causing him to dash in and trigger unstoppable/unblockable? (I recorded the footage against rhino as it was easier to show it wasn't my timing that was the issue but rather than the distance caused by the 2nd medium).

Why is this not being looked at? With certain champs such as Human Torch, it is a staple in their gameplay (if you want to execute M-L-M combos for incinerates). Currently you can only do so when the AI is against the wall. Try it out yourself.

Other info:
Yes it is occurring on all my devices which are updated (iphone x, samsung A70, Oneplus 3). It is occurring in ALL gameplay modes against ANY champion (regardless of nodes). I don't have connectivity issues and I am running the latest update of the game.

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    As much as it’s irritating that the timing to counter parry is not consistent across all champs, I personally don’t see why they should be.

You can bring up this exact same case for evading every champion’s sp1/2 and argue that they should either all be fully evadeable or fully unevadeable.

🤷🏻‍♂️
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Would really love some attention for this issue and I hope we get a response that they are at least aware of it. I brought the same issue up in my thread HERE if Kabam needs more information and videos.

@xNig This has always been a core game mechanic that has worked the same for every champion since the game began. It wasn't altered or made inconsistent on purpose for any gameplay reasons. It would be like if the special button was moved for some champions, or if the dexterity mastery didn't last as long for certain champs. These are core game mechanics that are meant to function the same way for all champions to form the basis of the combat system. These core mechanics are what we rely on to interact with the changing elements like special animations.
  • CryptツCryptツ Posts: 27
    You can parry with them by delaying your block just a little bit. Obviously not gonna fix the issue for you, but hopefully that helps when you're using them!
    What I and most players do is end the combo with a light attack when fighting mid screen, as delaying the block isn't viable since the parry window is much smaller and leads to getting smacked in the face a lot. The problem with ending on light attacks is you lose out on quite a bit of damage as well as some champion mechanics and nodes interacting with how you finish your combo.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    It gets super annoying with Human Torch, since you need the 2nd medium to get another incinerate, and the delay method never works for me.

• (reference Videos at top of initial Post)...

Notice how in the last 2 clips, when the 2nd medium is executed, rhino is pushed too far back therefore causing him to dash in and trigger unstoppable/unblockable? (I recorded the footage against rhino as it was easier to show it wasn't my timing that was the issue but rather than the distance caused by the 2nd medium).

Reply to OP Original Videos...
    Your failed videos (Psylocke and Starlord)...
    First, you say that Rhino is being given too much time and is thus able to become Unstoppable/Unblockable. WRONG. They are 2 different abilities, and only his Unstoppable is actually triggering in the Videos. That is the one (yellow wording) where you CAN NOT HIT INTO RHINO. that one has nothing to do with you not being able to block Rhino's attacks against you (that is the blue wording Unblockable prompt, which is not what is happening).

Second, both Psylocke and Starlord, yes, because their Medium pushes Rhino further back than if using other champs. But you can plainly see that you are going into Block mode (to try to Parry) TOO SOON.
    Some different champs have different Recovery times themselves for their Medium or Light attacks, and in addition may push opponent further back or not very far back at all. Comes down to knowing some of those cases for attackers you use, and adjust your Block timing accordingly.

NOTE, for Psylocke, her Light finish (MLLLL) does not push opponent back very far at all, and is always a very quick response needed for starting your Parry-Block after her Light-ending. As opposed to her Medium-ending is a much longer timing needed to go into Block.
    With her, I always remember to finish with Medium, I actually find it a lot easier, as opposed to sometimes getting clipped after a Light-ended because I wasn’t paying attention that I needed to block “immediately”.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited February 2020
    @AmaadAkira see ur point in alot of the other parts of ur post. Yet ur clips show the reason u can't Parry Rhino with SLord & Psylocke is bc he procs Unstoppable (Btw, Higher % vs Smaller champs) on his medium/dash attack. But also noticed in Wolverine clip that he throws a medium/dash ( Mediums Rhinos head goes down, Lights he throws punch) but he just doesn't proc Unstoppable. Alot of champs "hit boxes" are different at start & end of their different hits, like Emma: shorter vs Iceman: longer reach on heavies. Hope that helps.
    edited March 2020
    It's not a hit box issue though, it's the inconsistent knockback distance that only a few champions have on their second medium attacks which pushes the enemy slightly further away than normal. This extra distance leads to the AI having to do basically a "micro dash" before their attack hit box is activated for you to parry. It's this delay that leads to a much smaller parry window for the player when using these champions and could be fixed quite easily by reducing the knockback distance on their last attack. To be clear no one is asking to change hit boxes or the reach of certain attacks as that is an interesting and functional part of the game.

Here is a video made by @WiMak that shows the issue very well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ore3xrI_S_g&t=1s
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I did notice something a few months back… The very same “glitch” that doesn’t allow certain champions to parry does allow you to back draft intercept off of a five hit combo.

It does NOT work at all with sym supreme (I think it has to do with his very shallow dash back plus he’s a bit slow to recover) but seems to work very well with everybody else.

Like all back draft intercepts it’s not 100% but, with a normally aggressive AI, it’s pretty reliable and a great way to start a fight!

Threw this video together to demonstrate.

Note: doesn’t work when the AI is backed against a corner but backed against the corner Parry works normally too...

https://youtu.be/Cmg9_KMc7o0