**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sentry Buff Concept

spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
edited February 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
So I was bored one day so i decided to just mess with Sentry’s abilities and see what i could come up with, and hopefully think of something useful.

Disclaimers because people love to get mad at posts like these:
I am doing this for fun. While it would be cool, i have no intent to have this added to the game.
Also, i understand this might not be good enough or might be too good. feedback would be nice and fun, but i am not an experienced game designer that is being hired to skillfully design these things.

Here is the buff ideas:

Sentry Buff Ideas

Signature Ability

Molecular Reformation (Max Sig)
* When Sentry loses his Combo., he has a 100% chance to become indestructible for 0.30 seconds per Reality Warp.
* At the Start of a fight, if Health is above 0%, Reality Warps persist with Sentry from the previous fight.

Passive
* Immune to Poison, Incinerate, Coldsnap, and Frostbite

Reality Warps - Passive
* Sentry gains a Reality Warp Passive for every 40 hits on his combo meter. Reality Warps act as multipliers for his abilities.

Passive: State of Mind
* Sentry starts the fight in Unyielding Fortitude and changes to the next State for every 10 Hits in a Combo. When Sentry loses his Combo, he reverts to Unyielding Fortitude.
* Unyielding Fortitude: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry cannot lose his Combo. Remains until Sentry changes States.
* Overpowering Light: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Special 1 Attack Damage is increased by 70% per Reality Warp and is Unblockable. Remains until Sentry changes States.
* Steadfast Approach: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Heavy Attack Damage is increased by 70% per Reality Warp. In addition, he gains 100% chance to Perfect Block. Remains until Sentry changes States.
* Absolute Strength: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Special 2 Attack Damage is increased by 70% per Reality Warp and is Unblockable. Remains until Sentry changes States.
* After Absolute Strength, Sentry restarts State of Mind, entering Unyielding Fortitude.

When ending a combo with a light attack

When fighting without a natural class disadvantage, Incinerate the opponent for 2.5 seconds. This incinerate does 15% of his base attack for each Reality Warp.

While the opponent is incinerated, each hit steals 3% of their max power and deals an additional burst of 15% of the damage dealt.

When Charging Heavy Attack

100% chance for the opponent to miss while the opponent is incinerated.

Special 1

* This attack does not add hits to the combo meter. However, at the end of the attack, 10 hits are automatically added to the combo. If the opponent blocks this attack, gain 5 hits instead.
* Gain a Fury buff, increasing attack by 40%.
* Inflict Incinerate, dealing 20% of Sentry’s attack per Reality Warp as Energy Damage over 8 seconds. Incinerate also removes Perfect Block Chance and reduces Block Proficiency by 50%.

Special 2
* Inflict Armor Break, removing an armor up and reducing armor by 1000.
* Inflict Incinerate, dealing 25% of Sentry’s attack per Reality Warp as Energy Damage over 10 seconds.

Special 3
* Gain a Solar Power passive. Solar Power lasts for 40 seconds, and Sentry gains a variety of abilities based on how many Reality Warps he has.

Solar Power - Passive
* While Solar Power is active, Sentry gains the following abilities based on amount of Reality Warp Charges. These abilities stack.
* 1 Reality Warp: Opponent gains 20% less power when struck.
* 2 Reality Warps: Incinerates deal 50% more damage.
* 3 Reality Warps: all Debuffs last 50% longer.
* 4 Reality Warps: Attacks cannot be Evaded or Missed, and Medium attacks have a 20% chance to be unblockable.
* 5 Reality Warps: While the opponent is incinerated, life steal 10% of damage done.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    How long would the fury last after the sp1? Or is it indefinite. Wonderful concept, by the way.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Great ideas
  • Rerun_9Rerun_9 Posts: 109
    Any buff or rework to his is a plus. He stinks even with synergies.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Here mine: Each reality warp decrease passive DOT by 20%
    And he need addition effects with how many reality warp like MorningStar
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    i dont knw about others but i like these posts,they did him dirty and really need to make sentry better.
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★

How long would the fury last after the sp1? Or is it indefinite. Wonderful concept, by the way.

forgot to add this! sorry! i’d assume the usual 20 seconds, but maybe it could go a bit longer.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

forgot to add this! sorry! i’d assume the usual 20 seconds, but maybe it could go a bit longer.
    That makes sense. Would you consider making the duration scale with the reality warps? That would give him some more longevity, in my opinion.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Big fan of this, especially since I duped my sentry after finishing abyss yesterday...
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★

That makes sense. Would you consider making the duration scale with the reality warps? That would give him some more longevity, in my opinion.
    that is actually a good idea. perhaps 6-8 seconds per warp, allowing up to 30-40 seconds?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Here's my idea for a Sentry buff

- Sentry is immune to all degeneration effects.

That's it.

Oh my would this be awesome.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Community : most talked about topic since the game's release

1 sentry why is he such a lol?
    2 why on earth ghost rider doesn't have incenerate ability & immunity? & Poison immunity.
    3 is that really magneto? Or poop man?

KABAM : soo many ideas soo little time.

It's been 5 years bruh..... Lol.
  • ahock101ahock101 Posts: 118
    Check out some gameplay from legendary youtuber idelest, sentry doesn't need a buff you just need to spend some time and invest in him