**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Pay to Play advantage- Uncollected arena

With the introduction of grandmaster crystals the whales who drop odins on odins for crystals now have an unprecedented advantage over people who play by grinding arena and quests. So it feels like the time to introduce the uncollected arena is now to even the landscape for those who don't have an unlimited disposable income. @Kabam Miike

Comments

• superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    No way - as a free to play Uncollected player that would suck. I'd be dumped in an arena with a much smaller pool, thereby instantly taking me from hitting cutoffs to the bottom. No thanks.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    You play, get units and buy crystals. That way you can get advatage too
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I think he is refering to the new grandmaster crystal being a big advantage to spenders.
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    Except we are many that ain't spenders who collected the title.

Sure, if you are new and you want it, it will cost you.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Big spenders have always had an advantage this doesn't increase the gap by that much since this is available to a majority of players. It's time vs money if you are willing to play 24/7 you can still become a high tier player without spending. Look at Brian Grant on youtube he plays smart and is free to play, he regularly grinds out featured 4 stars, is in a top alliance and has done the first path of LOL looking at 100% without spending a dime so you really don't have to spend to go far in this game if you put in the time.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I am free to play, and it makes no difference. I grind arena and have plenty of units, spend a few on these crystals as new.. in theory has just made game easier as reduced price of 4* for newer people!

Also, I have done lol oath and have a few 5* feature as play smart and save shards for something I want
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Some people forget the whales keep the game alive and their growth doesn't really effect mid tier and lower tier players. Theres a lot less of them than there is of us. Sure, they can kill it in the arena. But they aren't shutting anyone out of the 1-10% for a 4* champ. They are ahead of us in the game, but we are not competing with them. Quit worrying about them and using them as an excuse for everything you don't have or gained yet. You'll eventually get it all
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    if there wasn't an advantage to spending, why would anybody do it?
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited August 2017
    They have crappy odds. I opened 40 and got 38 3* and 2 4* which were spider man and black panther
    x8p6rxboe0dh.png

bxinyy4ir7cj.png

wva5z84i3dtm.png

Only did this in hopes of that 1% chance for a 5* then even more luck to dupe my 5* star lord. Did easy path with 4* star lord and won't do any more lol till I dupe 5* star lord
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    6k units for those 30 crystals!!!

Sorry you didn't get a 5* :(

I think I'll save up the 14day calendar shards before I spend units on them.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I know a guy who's gotten 7 new 5* so yeah I'd say it's a real concern

How many units @Kronos987654321
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★

Yeah, I totally believe that
    Stara99 wrote: »

How many units @Kronos987654321

8k units
    wSWeaponX wrote: »

You can do what you want but after seeing what I'm seeing I think the arena scores will speak for themselves. Besides, what would I have to gain from lying?

You can do what you want but after seeing what I'm seeing I think the arena scores will speak for themselves. Besides, what would I have to gain from lying?

Everyone I seen open crystals or seen others state and nobody even got a 5*
    I opened 12k units and got 5 4* and 55 3* @Kronos987654321

Here's this btw. 1200 units for 2 5*. Really that hard to believe 7 now?
    jv2bnxyqj0ds.jpg
    Random luck @Kronos987654321
    I would feel lucky af even for those 5*
    Stara99 wrote: »
    Random luck @Kronos987654321
    I would feel lucky af even for those 5*

I've got plenty more screenshots that look just like that but I know people prefer their anonymity, including myself. My point is that you had very bad luck, which sucks, but you have to see what I'm seeing. This has to affect the arena.
    I agree on that because of amount of points given for 5* @Kronos987654321
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    The other key thing you guys are forgetting is all those crappy paid for 5* dupes add up to more 6* shards/crystals
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    The odds are obiviously manipulated against the whales. This is just another mechanism for Kabam to play favorites get resources from the top dangling an imaginary carrot while showing 5 stars to the mid range level. It is fine, just be honest about it. I took a flyer, sucked in again. 15k units, not 1 5star. Total BS. IMO.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★

jv2bnxyqj0ds.jpg

I stand corrected
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    MadMarks wrote: »
    The odds are obiviously manipulated against the whales. This is just another mechanism for Kabam to play favorites get resources from the top dangling an imaginary carrot while showing 5 stars to the mid range level. It is fine, just be honest about it. I took a flyer, sucked in again. 15k units, not 1 5star. Total BS. IMO.

What are you on about are you saying that the odds are against people that spend?
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    I got 3 5* ( gambit, guilly, antman) and 1 4*(drax) in 15 grandmaster crystals
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    The odds are all over the place.
  • DorotaDorota Posts: 1
    edited August 2017

jv2bnxyqj0ds.jpg

I know who's that and he didn't get 7 5*s, he got those 2, then 2 another openings of 4 and 2 crystals didn't went so well (one 4*). So why you are saying so if this Polish guy screenshots went viral already?
    Dorota wrote: »

jv2bnxyqj0ds.jpg

I know who's that and he didn't get 7 5*s, he got those 2, then 2 another openings of 4 and 2 crystals didn't went so well (one 4*). So why you are saying so if this Polish guy screenshots went viral already?

I know that, and never said these were the same people. I did not the post the guy who got 7 5*, this is just one floating around in LINE that shows similar luck. The person I know personally who got 7 does not want to be posted and I am respecting that.