**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unique Synergies Discussion [Mod Edited Title for Clarity]

STShortySTShorty Posts: 101
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
As the title says. Just really want to know as new champions come out I'm noticing a lot of synergies that affect only the individuals of the synergy versus synergies that help your entire team why are we going this route?
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    I see strengths in both systems. But as we transition to the new system it'll be harder to incorporate new champs in to certain types of teams (raw damage, crit rate/damage, etc). Which is unfortunate, but I rarely build teams for synergy anyway. The right champ has always been more important imo.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I don't have a problem with the new synergies but concerned that some great synergies won't be useful because champs like Electro won't be a 5*. Doc Ocs best synergy is with him and he's a brand new champ so you would think his synergy team would also grow with him. It was my understanding that Electro won't be a 5* anyway.
  • STShortySTShorty Posts: 101
    My only concern really is what @Drizzits said. We build teams around synergies to complete some of this harder content such as LOL which is great but it would be nice to see some new synergy teams like the mutant synergy and the attack synergy. It's hard to have nice full synergy team with some of these new champs.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    My guess is Judging by some that have started to show up(looking at the antmans thorns synergy) this will likely be used to help push people to use more combinations of champs.

More specific synergies will encourage more champ diversity and help push usage of more champs away from the meta.

At least that is probably the hope. Reality is most of those champs still are subpar even with the specific synergy.
  • GreenClawzBZGreenClawzBZ Posts: 8
    I have to disagree with most of you guys about synergies. I think synergies are a great tool to create diversity in the game and to ensure some characters are used. This is clearly evident in games like Injustice mobile. The problem with synergies on MCOC is that they need to be boosted. For example, using Green Lantern on Injustice really boosts the power gain of your team. Contrary to power gain synergies here which are almost negligent. In my opinion synergies should remain but they need to be reworked to create significant changes to game play. Thus, the reason keep choosing to use the best champs instead of working with synergy teams. If synergies were changed to really impact fights most players would be using teams with synergies as opposed to top champs. This is because with teams built on good effective synergies not even top champs stand a chance.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I much prefer the new version actually. The synergies are far more interesting and unique to the characters.

I would rather have a synergy which somehow boosts a characters sig ability than one that just gives everyone higher damage. Plus the old version left very little creative space, basically they were always going to have 1 of 4 synergies. Occasionally if they had a romance synergy somewhere you might get some power gain.

So, I'm happier with the new system, not sure why you would want it any other way. If you want more damage/crit/block whatever so badly just build a team of older heroes. Those synergies are all still there.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I personally like th new synergies because, while they don't affect the whole team, they are becoming much more unique and powerful.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Where does it say the new change? I don't see it in the change log.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    They should make more "near perfect block team" synergies but give them to the garbage tier champs to give them more value and people would have incentive to use them.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    I prefer this kind of synergy, it gives more abilities or boost certain one.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Drizzits wrote: »
    I see strengths in both systems. But as we transition to the new system it'll be harder to incorporate new champs in to certain types of teams (raw damage, crit rate/damage, etc). Which is unfortunate, but I rarely build teams for synergy anyway. The right champ has always been more important imo.

Can ignore quote

drizzits did you get name from R.A Salvatore
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    I think it makes a lot more sense to do it this way anyway. I never understood why a whole team would get bonuses because of two completely different characters' relationship. Yeah Mag and Wolvie are enemies but why does that give Iron Man crit rate? These synergies seem a little more powerful but restricted to the two champs it affects. They still do a team wide synergy (Doc Oc has nemesis with tech spidey that affects the whole team). Personally I like this new synergy thing they're doing.

Because the rest of the team has to deal with their bickering along the adventure. The other three are like, "****, I'm gonna bust these enemies in the mouth just to get out of this awkward situation."
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    DD2 wrote: »
    Where does it say the new change? I don't see it in the change log.

me neither??
  • JcmdawgJcmdawg Posts: 22
    I applaud the flexibility of the synergies. Why not both types?
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited August 2017
    STShorty wrote: »
    As the title says. Just really want to know as new champions come out I'm noticing a lot of synergies that affect only the individuals of the synergy versus synergies that help your entire team why are we going this route?
    Because these nerfed synergies are worse for the players.

However it seem like always will be people loving the Emperor's New Clothes Synergies despite obviously synergies buffing just two guys (plus in different ways) will always be worse than synergies buffing the whole team (and sharing the same advantages).
  • FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    edited August 2017
    I hate these new unique synergies, period. The ridiculously contrived one between doc oc and ant man was probably done knowing they were eliminating thorns from aw.

Not gonna make any assumptions, but instead ask: all of you liking these new brutally limited synergies, how much do you grind arenas (i.e. more than 400 matches done in one single arena)?
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    From a programmer's point of view, I think it is easier to program with individual synergies.

I think the newer synergies are getting complicated and with 5 members teams, you might have around 5 different synergies apply to one hero if all synergies are all for the whole team.

More chance for the lag and more bugs and some synergies might cancel each other?
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    what does arena have to do with this? If you want to grind as much as you can, wasting time placing champ for maximum synergy will add up and cost you deadly.
  • Hey all,

There's some really great conversation going on in here, so I edited the Thread title to make it easier for players to find and join the conversation.
  • STShortySTShorty Posts: 101
    I'm not against individual synergies I just believe with new champs being added that there should be an even balance that incorporates them into team synergies as well