**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

New uncollected crystal

Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
Just posting my experience not complaining.

$500 worth of units used

80 crystals (yeah I did 80 which is a lil more than $500)
1 4*
79 3*s

I assumed I'd at least pull 5 4*s out of that like I would 3*s from premium crystal but nope. Didn't expect to pull a 5* either.

So odds of a 4* from my pulls is around 1.25%

This really isn't worth it, maybe just buy 3 at a time for fun every once in while but otherwise no real point.

Comments

• QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    i just assumed they moved the star levels down a percentage bracket. i.e. phc 2* odds = gmc 3* odds, phc 3* odds = gmc 4* odds, phc 4* odds = gmc 5* odds.

seems like a reasonable assumption.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    I did it on Seatin's stream, 4 four stars and 26 3 stars. I think people ought to know the odds are pretty low, probably as low as pulling a four star from a PHC. There are people sharing their five star pulls on social media but the bulk who are not sharing are the people who have spend a few hundred dollars and not pulled anything. My alliance mate pop 30 also and got only one four star for his effort and scrolling down our alliance screen I've not seen any five star emerge also.

I think the point is to let people be aware that is is a case of a 5 star PHC which works in the same principle as pulling a 4 star from a PHC so the choice is up to the players if they feel it is worthwhile dumping cash on a very small chance of pulling a 5 star which in my conclusion the answer is an obvious no. With 6 stars coming next year I won't be grinding nor attempting to spin any featured crystals which is what the bulk of my spending on this game has gone to so to an extent, I would say the latest stuff has just save me quite a fair bit of cash which I would be spending on other stuff so its not all that bad.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    i just assumed they moved the star levels down a percentage bracket. i.e. phc 2* odds = gmc 3* odds, phc 3* odds = gmc 4* odds, phc 4* odds = gmc 5* odds.

seems like a reasonable assumption.

I assumed the same but would like to see other results.
    Oh and to add, you don't get SA points for opening Grandmaster crystals which is another big reason that we shouldn't be spending money on these. Only open like one every few weeks when you have enough shards and treat them basically like PHCs.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    I wish they would just post the damn odds, it is so frustrating to buy something with out knowing the odds.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    At this point, who cares about 4 stars, odds of a 4 star should be 1 in 10.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Just posting my experience not complaining.

$500 worth of units used

80 crystals (yeah I did 80 which is a lil more than $500)
    1 4*
    79 3*s

I assumed I'd at least pull 5 4*s out of that like I would 3*s from premium crystal but nope. Didn't expect to pull a 5* either.

So odds of a 4* from my pulls is around 1.25%

This really isn't worth it, maybe just buy 3 at a time for fun every once in while but otherwise no real point.

I agree the odds are low. I spent 12k units and got 5 4* and 55 3*. @Draco2199
    But @Kronos987654321 is saying someone got 7 5*.which seems impossible unless they spent $10,000 dollars
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    wow your crazy for spending 500 bucks
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    To add next to nothing to the view of sample sizes, 3 crystals got 2 3* and 1 4* (DDOG). While I know the reel is just for show, it does feel like spinning a pumped-up PHC.
    Well let's sum it up. Odds are extremely low. Pulls are awful and you don't get summoner advancement points to top it all off. So if anyone still wanna spend, its their choice.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    I bought 5 crystals.. got 2 new four star champs and dupe 5 star ws
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Wolfe wrote: »
    Well let's sum it up. Odds are extremely low. Pulls are awful and you don't get summoner advancement points to top it all off. So if anyone still wanna spend, its their choice.

Just to clarify, @Kabam Miike already said they will count for SA starting next week. His logic was the crystal was new for this week so it won't count for this week only.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I decided to try 30 crystals. I got 3 4*s and one 5* Jugg. Could have been worse, by the sound of it. I already have a crazy stash of ISO now, so I'm going to draw the line there and call it quits.

It wasn't so bad that I feel any buyer's remorse, but it's no game changer either. It's not the answer to getting or duping Starlord, for example. Unless you have 10K USD to blow on the game, and even then there'd be no guarantee.
  • _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    Man I guess I got pretty lucky then, only bought one and got a 4* Electro
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I opened 3 and got a 4 star and 2 three stars I think you just got unlucky, I've seen a lot of people open 5 and get 1 or 2 four stars, 2 of my alliance mates open batches of ten and one of them got a 4 star and 9 three stars and the other got 1 5 star and 9 3 stars. Overall the odds don't seem that bad, equal if not slightly better than premiums
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Just to clarify, @Kabam Miike already said they will count for SA starting next week. His logic was the crystal was new for this week so it won't count for this week only.

And what logic is that?

First days will see a boom in spending then none will open them aside whales. Way to give one less reason to spend lol

Because the event started with no crystal. The crystal probably didn't even enter into the game code until the update today.

Adding the crystal would change the rules of the event and I guess they wanted to keep the rules the same for the duration. Next week (and subsequent weeks) will have new rules.
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    I pulled 2 4*s from 7 crystals, i really like it
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I opened 1 and got 4* cap marvel
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    One guy in my alliance got 2 5s from 5 crystals
  • acid21acid21 Posts: 22
    opened 6 got 2 4*
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    I open 15 crystals and got 3 5* and 1 4*. Gambit, guilly, and antman as 5* and drax as a 4*.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    opened 15 and got one 5* and one 4*
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    My reasoning is if I am not willing to buy PHC, why should I buy these?
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    I've seen alliance mates pull 5*s opening just 10.

Quite a few too. So they are in there and a few have pulled them
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    You could have bought an iPad for that much
    My reasoning is if I am not willing to buy PHC, why should I buy these?

This actually makes a lot of sense
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    @Draco2199 Great post! I love posts that show what really happens. So often we see the glory posts and not realize those are the minority. The majority of people have pulls similar to yours.

So yes, 5* pulls do happen, just like pulling a 4* from a PHC does happen, problem is the 10 people who post their luck get more views than the 1,000 who pull nothing.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Saying it was "his logic" implies he was trying to justify the decision to exclude them from the current event. I don't think Kabam explicitly excluded them, I think they simply didn't attempt to retroactively alter the current running event because that is non-trivial to do. The next SA event is probably technically a completely different event that just happens to have the same name but under the hood includes points for the new crystal openings.

I interpreted the explanation as "the current SA started when the new crystals didn't exist, so that event is unaware of them; the new event will be aware of them and award points for the new crystal openings."