**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

best havok counters?

Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
looking mainly for armor up buffs
I have seen videos of how to fight him with any champ but I still would like a definitive counter to him
rn The only option I have is a r3 5* howard the duck since he has a ton of armor up buffs

ik warlock and doc oc have the armor up buffs
but what else can I use
dont have a warlock and doc oc I don't get yet
but if there are no other decent champs I might as well learn him and r4 him

Comments

• Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    As well as reliable or permanent armour up buffs the other option is reliable power drain champs. OG Vision did some good work for me in 6.3 against Havok. Also, if you have him, Havok is one of the best Havok counters.
  • Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
    Best counter for Havok? Well... Havok! He is immune to plasma.
    other Option is his brother Cyclope.

If you don't have any (or don't want to rank up any of them) you can use Venom and try build his armor, guillo99 also has an armor up buff, ironmaniw is good or just try with some champs that drain his power.
    Draining his power causes him to lose his plasma buffs and restart from 0, so you just fight him like that.
    good luck!
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Jungle92 said:

Best counter for Havok? Well... Havok! He is immune to plasma.
    other Option is his brother Cyclope.

If you don't have any (or don't want to rank up any of them) you can use Venom and try build his armor, guillo99 also has an armor up buff, ironmaniw is good or just try with some champs that drain his power.
    Draining his power causes him to lose his plasma buffs and restart from 0, so you just fight him like that.
    good luck!

IMIW wouldn't work soley in the armor up department. His armors are passive and don't ignore Havoks detonation damage.
    Redskull is a suprisingly good counter.
    Angela too. Dock oc aswell.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I use Colossus...tons of armour and can tank a lot of blocked hits...one of the best and one of the more easily available options
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    People who can power drain to remove plasma charges, also G2099
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    funnily enough, one of the best counters is Civil Warrior - he has reliable Armour Up Buffs AND Power Drain :smile:
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★

funnily enough, one of the best counters is Civil Warrior - he has reliable Armour Up Buffs AND Power Drain :smile:

Same with red skull lmao
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    edited February 2020
    If you have nova, darkhawk with the nova synergy grants darkhawk a permanent armor up buff.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Admittedly he's not a great champ for anything else but vulture is a great counter. He's got armor buff and power drain.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    If you can do it, stark Spidey may work as well.
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 275
    0din said:

Taskmaster is a perfect counter for Havok. You can’t place more than 10 debuffs on taskmaster. Havok’s detonation happens on the 11th plasma debuff

Yeah i use Taskmaster to fight Havok too pretty often. But Taskmaster didn't work for the Havok boss on 6.3.3, i still got the plasma detonation and couldn't figure out why, i made a forum post a while ago but no answers...maybe someone who experienced the same problem reads this :)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Dr Voodoo as well.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Oh no.

Launch your sp2 and you'll power drain with every hit, keeping his plasmas in check.
  • VoydVoyd Posts: 3
    venom lmao
  • CpaesanoCpaesano Posts: 1
    Hulkbuster did great against AW miniboss Havok
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Just use civil warrior. He gains armor ups from regular combos and he has powerdrain on sp3 and powerburn on sp2.
  • Django4774Django4774 Posts: 81
    Haha 😂
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 660 ★★★
    Would Galan be a good counter?
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    TheExit27 said:

Would Galan be a good counter?

No. For most champs you need a armor up buff to counter him.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,016 ★★★★★

Admittedly he's not a great champ for anything else but vulture is a great counter. He's got armor buff and power drain.

Take that back. I love my Vulture.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Take that back. I love my Vulture.
    Pre-Buff aged thread.