**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is bane working as intended?

So first of all I am very new to this bane node so I might be wrong
Wht I observed is that when the bane is on me it does insane damage but when it's on my opponent it doesn't do tht damage, and this is not psychological!

Another thing, the bane is supposed to do 2.5% damage of CURRENT HEALTH per second, this means that when I am an 100% it will do 2.5% damage per second and from then on the bane damage will decrease( as the health is also decreasing ) ,
Wht happnd was tht I was fighting against 5.2.5 moon knight with my warlock and I was on 27% and bane was on me and every second I was loosing around 2-2.5% of my full health

Am I getting the facts wrong? Or is it really bugged?

Comments

• ... of OPPONENT'S Health.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★

... of OPPONENT'S Health.

^^^^^^^^
    When bane is active on you it's based off the defenders health pool. When bane is on the defender it's based off your health pool. I'm assuming you're in act 5 some where. Act 5 health pools tend to be 40-50k if I'm remembering correctly. Not sure what your health pool is though. So champs with larger health pools will hit you harder if you don't transfer bane back immediately early on in the fight. Try to time the timer on bane and parry before the end and then do a 5 hit combo to transfer it back immediately.
  • PrezRio4PrezRio4 Posts: 84
    Supose you fight with 20k health vs 100k health guy for easy maths. The bane is based on the oponent health so:

2'5% to 100k is 2500 so you would lose 2500k health per second (a 12'5% of your life per second...)

2.5% to 20k is 500 so he would lose 500 health per second (0'5% of his life per second...)
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★

^^^^^^^^
    When bane is active on you it's based off the defenders health pool. When bane is on the defender it's based off your health pool. I'm assuming you're in act 5 some where. Act 5 health pools tend to be 40-50k if I'm remembering correctly. Not sure what your health pool is though. So champs with larger health pools will hit you harder if you don't transfer bane back immediately early on in the fight. Try to time the timer on bane and parry before the end and then do a 5 hit combo to transfer it back immediately.
    ohk
    my 5k champs can in no way hurt the opponents 😂😂
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★

^^^^^^^^
    ohk
    Don't get hit. Bane was a pain in most peoples' rears when it was introduced with act 5. Once you get the timing down, it's pretty easy to manage. Bringing a regen champ helps as well.
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★

^^^^^^^^
    ohk
    Don't get hit. Bane was a pain in most peoples' rears when it was introduced with act 5. Once you get the timing down, it's pretty easy to manage. Bringing a regen champ helps as well.
    Thnx I would bring a Regen guy
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

^^^^^^^^
    ohk
    Bane can hurt you whether you get hit or not. Which makes bane such an annoying node.

• Don't get hit. Bane was a pain in most peoples' rears when it was introduced with act 5. Once you get the timing down, it's pretty easy to manage. Bringing a regen champ helps as well.

Bane can hurt you whether you get hit or not. Which makes bane such an annoying node.
    But getting hit means you start to take that Bane Damage during the time you’re also taking “hit” damage. And normally could be 2-3 seconds before you can maybe hit him back and get it off of you.

Not getting hit means that you can for the most part control how short of duration Bane is actually on you because you are in control of your own hits relative to the timer.