**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone else noticing odd behavior with this release?

I've been getting sporadic and difficult to pin down reports of oddities in the game since the latest update from alliance mates, but I couldn't tell if it was a real issue or not because the problem reports were a bit ambiguous. However, I just fought a Hyperion in Map 4 with Mephisto, usually a trivial fight, and Mephisto did not apply soul imprison once. He didn't apply it at the start of the fight and Hyperion had power gain, and he didn't apply it on any of my special one attacks. It was as if soul imprison simply wasn't there.

I dueled a Hyperion immediately afterwards (and some other stuff) and soul imprison seemed to work as it always did. So I don't have any video evidence of the problem: it seemed to happen only in that one fight. I'm wondering if this is just one of those random one-off bugs I've sometimes seen in the game, or if this is something more pervasive.

@Kabam Miike is this something Kabam's game servers log, so you could tell me if this was just a glitch or an actual game bug?

Comments

• VolumeOneVolumeOne Posts: 97
    I have an R5 Elsa and fighting the Hela on path 1 section 1 on map five my parry-evade mechanic went off, proc’d the “evade” text and drafted me back, but it didn’t faze Hela and let her take off a smooth 40%. Fun and interactive mechanics.
  • PalistesPalistes Posts: 156 ★★
    I have noticed several fights where buffs/debuffs haven't seemed to apply correctly, but I chalked it up to synergies that I maybe didn't understand. That perhaps is not the case?
  • PalistesPalistes Posts: 156 ★★
    In arena, I couldn't get Rhino to proc his Fury with my opponent against the wall. But that has been a problem multiple times in the past.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Not specific to this version; but I've noticed that sometimes Hyperion had an odd interaction with both Mephisto's Soul Imprisonment and with Rogue copying his Power Gain buffs.

Both should temporarily prevent Hype from procing Power Gain; but I've noticed that frequently he still won't produce buffs after they expire (old thread about this). He usually starts again after launching an SP3.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Myself and a few members of my alliance were just discussing this. Suddenly we cannot seem to parry consistently, which is only notable because at least 8 people have mentioned this since the update.
  • Thank god I am not the only one noticing that, I had a fight with my sym supreme and in his third phase I was attacking the opponent but I didn't activate any bleed on my basic attacks, next fight the same and on the third fight everything was fine.
    Similar thing happened with VTD when one of my buffs from 100 aberration didn't trigger at all. At the beginning I thought it was only the symbiotic champs but it seems everything/one is a little bugged right now.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    besides the horrible lag and the AI being on crack...not yet but it's early still
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★

Myself and a few members of my alliance were just discussing this. Suddenly we cannot seem to parry consistently, which is only notable because at least 8 people have mentioned this since the update.

yeah my parry is almost non existent this update. It changed half a year ago to where I couldn't do a parry after the first combo/parry, and now it's pretty much consistent that it won't connect.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Void and killmonger synergy no regeneration when applying debuffs.
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    I've noticed that I can be tapping the screen to attack, my champ does 1 or 2 hits then just stops even though I am still tapping to attack
  • @DNA3000 do you happen to remember if this was the Hyperion in the first or second section of the map?

Also everyone please keep in mind that if you have a specific issue to report, you will need to post each issue in their own separate thread unless the issue already has one going for it. This makes it easier to track what information is related to which issue and makes it easier for others who may be experiencing the same thing to find it and share their info. You can find the template for how to report bugs on the forums here.
  • @DNA3000 do you happen to remember if this was the Hyperion in the first or second section of the map?

Pretty sure it was the second section Hyperion on node 38.

But I have another one for you. I saw another weird occurrence on another Hyperion, this one in this month's Uncollected monthly, the fight where you take the right portal (10) past the MODOK on map 2.2. It happened twice, not precisely in the same way but I have a video of the second one. I made double certain to capture the basic map layout, the tile he's on, the buffs on him, and even his abilities sheet just to verify it looks like a normal Hyperion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h4v1KFuMus

The fight goes normally up to the end, and then at 1:19 when Venom is backed to the wall he uses SP1 and steals Hyperion's power gain, and the power gain instantly comes right back - there isn't even a moment when it visibly drops, it looks like it is just refreshing. It happens twice in two hits of SP1. In the first fight which I didn't record this was happening right from the start of the fight, but in the second one that I did record it only happened at the end. Still, that's odd. Maybe that's related to what was happening to me in AQ.

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    In the video, that’s expected behavior from Hype and his power gain buffs. Whenever not at full power and without a power gain buff he converts an available cosmic charge into a power gain buff; as Venom ate the power gain he instantly converted the charges.
  • In the video, that’s expected behavior from Hype and his power gain buffs. Whenever not at full power and without a power gain buff he converts an available cosmic charge into a power gain buff; as Venom ate the power gain he instantly converted the charges.

I just realized that. I don't think that was the case in the first fight, but as I was watching it back I noticed the cosmic charges refreshing the buff. Unfortunately I don't record all my fights so I can't go back to the first one to verify. But scratch that one above: that's not specifically bugged behavior.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I've been getting sporadic and difficult to pin down reports of oddities in the game since the latest update from alliance mates, but I couldn't tell if it was a real issue or not because the problem reports were a bit ambiguous. However, I just fought a Hyperion in Map 4 with Mephisto, usually a trivial fight, and Mephisto did not apply soul imprison once. He didn't apply it at the start of the fight and Hyperion had power gain, and he didn't apply it on any of my special one attacks. It was as if soul imprison simply wasn't there.

I dueled a Hyperion immediately afterwards (and some other stuff) and soul imprison seemed to work as it always did. So I don't have any video evidence of the problem: it seemed to happen only in that one fight. I'm wondering if this is just one of those random one-off bugs I've sometimes seen in the game, or if this is something more pervasive.

@Kabam Miike is this something Kabam's game servers log, so you could tell me if this was just a glitch or an actual game bug?

Since you take mephisto to AQ I expect you know this already but just to be sure: did you have any charges on mephisto? I think he needs charges to convert them into soul imprisonment. Not sure about the soul imprisonment at the beginning of the fight tho, that should've worked I think.