**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Visual bug on my galaxy s8 [Fix in Progress]

Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
edited September 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Please look at the side borders.. this has been happening on every load screen and map screen for a few days now. Anyone else getting this?

k1k91d3wl9lk.png
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Zuko538Zuko538 Posts: 12
    I've noticed this, everyone's like what are you talking about lol...driving me insane.
  • Spity68Spity68 Posts: 76
    I have the same problem as you.
    Galaxy s8
  • _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    Same here
    Galaxy S8+
  • _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    Oh hi Zuko lol
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey guys. I will let the team know about this, and get back to you once I have some more information. Thanks!
  • FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    +1 - Also say this on my S8. Looks like its the map that was pre-loaded underneath
  • Cable88Cable88 Posts: 2
    The graphics are weak as well, they get very very choppy at times when i play, I hope the update has helped!
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    Visual bug remains after update.. if anything its getting worse
  • 3 weeks later.. still bugged. Any updates @Kabam Wolf ?
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Imac7065. I am really sorry that you're still having this issue with your game border. I double checked with the team, and it looks like they have a fix ready for 16.0 for this. I will keep you updated if anything changes.
  • Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @Imac7065. I am really sorry that you're still having this issue with your game border. I double checked with the team, and it looks like they have a fix ready for 16.0 for this. I will keep you updated if anything changes.

if the fix is available, why wait another 2 weeks to release it? Why not send it out for droid right now?
  • Donn1Donn1 Posts: 48
    Bump..

Why is it you can instantly fix issues that give players an advantage in game, yet you take months to fix issues that don't? Bugs are bugs and should all be considered high priority.
  • I got some strange 478mb update on my phone tonight... yet this bug remains... that actually pisses me off. A LOT
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

Kabam wolf,

Please explain why this has to wait until till 16.0, yet any bugs that give players an advantage in game can get fixed within days. This is unacceptable. I've never known a company to cause so many bugs in their game and take months to address the ones that don't have a financial impact. Your lack of urgency with fixing bugs in the game is concerning for such a large company.

You guys really need to take care of your players and show them more appreciation than just a few overpriced in-game offers.

I'm tagging @Kabam Miike in too in the hope we get a response to this because I've left countless comments and threads before, none of which i have received a response to.
  • Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85
    I am on iOS and when I am on WiFi, I get the visual glitches. When on LTE everything is fine though. This a bug?
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    so what happened to this?
    On Demand Resources:
    Introducing live data updates from the App Store! Our game will serve up data outside App Store update or Google Play Store. Updating or installing a fresh download of the game will install all the data your game will need right when you first launch the game.
    i thought the whole point of this was so that you could push out updates anytime
    edited September 2017
    I was just about to come post a new pic of this bug still being active... in this thread we were told a fix was already done TWO WEEKS AGO!! How many times can you guys lie to us???
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    beaupoem wrote: »
    On Demand Resources:
    Introducing live data updates from the App Store! Our game will serve up data outside App Store update or Google Play Store. Updating or installing a fresh download of the game will install all the data your game will need right when you first launch the game.
    i thought the whole point of this was so that you could push out updates anytime
    Haha this. Lol kabam this shouldn't be that hard to fix.
  • beaupoem wrote: »
    On Demand Resources:
    Haha this. Lol kabam this shouldn't be that hard to fix.

The infuriating part is.. IT'S ALREADY FIXED!!! They just won't let us have the fix! lol
  • Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    Can you push this fix out with the next broken update to 15.1.2????
  • Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    @Kabam Wolf

Are we sure this fix will be coming the the 16.0 update?
    @Kabam Wolf

Are we sure this fix will be coming the the 16.0 update?

They've had a "fix" for weeks... it better lol
  • Xcrøss_TRXcrøss_TR Posts: 142
    Maybe its because the infinity display of the s8
    Xcrøss_TR wrote: »
    Maybe its because the infinity display of the s8

That is most likely what caused it yes.. but as you can see on 9/13 a mod said a fix was already made... but here we are 6 weeks late still dealing with the bug.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog#latest

@Kabam Miike sorry about having to tag you in posts but feel it's the only way to get a response.

There is no mention of this fix in the patch notes and it still isn't fixed.. even though it has been sat in the "fix is in progress" status for 7/8 weeks now.
    beaupoem wrote: »
    On Demand Resources:

Also, are the live data updates actually being used?
    edited November 2017
    I deleted my message to take away excuses.
    Thought id provide you guys with an update as the mods clearly can't do their ONE JOB properly.

I updated and it seems the issue is now fixed in the current patch (even though it wasn't listed in the patch notes).

Communication between mods and players really does suck in these forums.
  • ChiSox_2005ChiSox_2005 Posts: 126
    Appears fixed on my S8 as well.