**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4* Basic Arena Results

BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
edited February 2020 in General Discussion
I did the 4* basic sunspot arena and grinded out 1.5 Mil (for the milestones) and suprisingly got sunspot.
I don't know if this will help anyone but I personally usually look at previous arena scores if I want to get the champion.

Comments

• Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    I also scored 1.5 for milestones and didn’t get him, so you must have been right on the border.
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    Markjv81 said:

I also scored 1.5 for milestones and didn’t get him, so you must have been right on the border.

I did ≈1.55 Mil, I had know idea he'd go so low, my prediction was he'd go at 2.4 Mil.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Hes a 4 star and he isnt one of the must haves so it was likely that he would go low as in 2.1 or 2.2. Since its start of EQ I did exactly 1.5 to get the shards
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    edited February 2020
    1st cutoff was around 2.3m if in Veterans Bracket.
    See another exactly same thread today here (regarding newer people, and different time-based brackets) ...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/181116/how-much-do-you-need-in-an-arena-to-get-the-champion#latest
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★

1st cutoff was around 2.3m if in Veterans Bracket.
    See another exactly same thread today here (regarding newer people, and different time-based brackets) ...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/181116/how-much-do-you-need-in-an-arena-to-get-the-champion#latest

I'm in the veteran bracket, I've been playing for nearly a year and I still got sunspot for around 1.55 Mil points
  • This 2nd Round ? Must have really fallen off from first ground then.

Cutoff chart below was 1st round (2.32m), and yes there could be huge gaps and inflated cutoff because of lack of people reporting points. But since next rank down was also higher at 2.17m, that would have precluded the possibility that hero cutoff was below 2.17 for first round.

And someone else discussing score in 1.2m range (but beginner or intermediate) assumed same was case for only 1.5m
    edited February 2020
    Well, well.. Just came across this other post, saying they got Rank Rewards (61-100%) in 2nd Sunspot arena, even though they only put up 63k points instead of his normally 150k Rank Qualifying needed (Veterans).

If that's the case, maybe the entire Rank Reward Pool was larger than normal (if a lot more were pulled up into supposedly being Rank Eligible. And would have then given out a lot more top 10% Sunspot rewards. ???

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/181133/arena-rank-rewards-error#latest

Or possibly the Intermediate and Veterans somehow we’re lumped together this 2nd Sunspot Arena ?? (Couple other ppl in Intermediate had wondered why 1.275 and 1.5 didn’t get him when in Intermediate) ??
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Wow, cutoffs have really lowered since I retired.
    edited February 2020
    Sorry, one last input. My last Sunspot Ranks was also off (same as person from above link).
    Veterans, but I only did 72k (well below 150k Rank Eligibility), but I received 61-100% Rank Reward.

SO SOMETHING WAS DEFINITELY ASKEW.

Either they messed up on the Rank Eligibility Points needed amount for Veterans. Or they maybe had Intermediate and Veterans brackets lumped into one (and everyone was subject to the lower Intermediate Rank Eligibiliy requirement amount) ??

• Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    That was my thread that was referenced above and it doesn't seem like a one-off bug for one account. My alternate & my husband's 2 accounts also scored less than 150k for veterans and also received the 61-100% rank. Unfortunately, I did not think to check the actual rank prior to collecting the rewards to see exactly how much bigger the 1-10% pool would have been.
  • KABAM, any insight on the problem with last 4* Basic Arena Ranks ??
    And whether it was a 1-time thing, just making sure it isn’t gonna be a continuing problem going forward...

Second Round of 4* Basic Sunspot, Veterans Bracket results are listed, look how the problem resulted in such a dramatic change in next lower Rank down from Champ-Rank. The cutoff for 11-25% Rank was way down at 824k because of the apparent mixup in “Qualifying Points” for Ranks (in addition to pulling down the top 10% mark).

And how it “may” have also harmed Intermediate Bracket people if the cause of the issue was inadvertent merging of both Intermediate and Veterans into a single bracket for 4* Basic.